Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Yum! Cloned Food!

Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Yum! Cloned Food! Reply with quote
Recently I saw a news report where the government legalized the selling of cloned animal produce, if anyone has a link to place here it would be good.

What are our thoughts on the matter?

I am both for cloned food, and genetically modified food, if we can find a way to make cows produce more nutritious milk, good for us, let's dig in.

Besides, the cheaper the food, the more likely we can get steaks over to the countries that need it. Not just steaks either, but the price of sending livestock to developing countries would decrease incredibly, because one center, given one cow, could create an entire herd to dine on.
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey lester...

there is a link...

also...

Quote:
Interested members of the public may submit comments to the FDA concerning its planned approval of the use of cloned livestock. Any such comments must be received by April 2, 2007, and may be sent via comment forms available online or in writing to the following:

Division of Dockets Management (HFA-305)
Food and Drug Administration
5630 Fishers Lane
Rm. 1061
Rockville MD 20852

Be sure to include the docket number 2003N-0573.

I think eating a clone shouldn't be worrisome... It is when you start eating clone's of clone's where the mutant birds we will be eating come in to play Smile
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yea...pretty scary. eating clones.

i wonder if when they start cloning humans if we are going to be allowed to eat the human clones. that would be pimp shit.

what about pedophiles? can they order baby clones?
Some Chick
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:

i wonder if when they start cloning humans if we are going to be allowed to eat the human clones. that would be pimp shit.

If a real human eats a human clone is it still considered cannibalism?
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some Chick wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:

If a real human eats a human clone is it still considered cannibalism?

that is what i am trying to figure out...a clone is not a real human and i think christians would agree. so does that mean they can be treated as awful as people treat animals...we can abuse them and kill them for fun and eat them?
Amin
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i think this is awful

am i weird for doing so?
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thankyou JLV.

I see no problem with eating/doing whatever the hell we want with human clones on one condition, if the clone does not have a conciousness like ours, then it would prove that God exists, in which case cloned humans would be animals, and we would have dominion over them.

If the clone *DOES* have a conciousness however, they should have equal rights.

I would be against full cloning, but gentically engineered humans? How awesome would that be, we could finally expand into space.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
What the hell?

Do any of you know anything about how cloning is done?

It's not like you just push a button on a machine, and out pops a clone. They aren't pod-people.

A clone is born exactly like everyone else.

There is one difference between a clone and other people. Just one: they have an identical twin that is older (or deader) than themselves. That's it.

Do i need to discuss the particulars of how cloning is done, in order to show why what i say is true? Or is it clear already?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1