Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Why UFC fighters Christian?

Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives

cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Why UFC fighters Christian? Reply with quote
I don't get this. The roughest most violent sport in the world.......what would seem to be the farthest thing from what Jesus taught us, has many Christian fighters.
Matt Hughes was UFC champion 9 times and is a devout practicing Christian.
Rich Franklin is another successful UFC champion who reads his Bible before fights. He also has a Bible verse written on his fight shorts.
Randy Couture (heavyweight champ) said after his last fight that the Jesus Christ had given him the strength to fight and win the championship.

I don't know how many more are Christians but I just find it interesting that these men would see no contradiction between their fighting and their faith in God. I am not saying I disagree with either. I just find it interesting.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think there's a difference between fighting for sport, and fighting for fighting. There isn't any malice in the fighting as far as UFC goes.

It's much like how, if you tackled someone in the street, that would be mean and innappropriate. If you do it in football, it's perfectly alright.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1