Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Why no impeachment?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

jonpotz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Why no impeachment? Reply with quote
I would like to see an impeachment personally...

Actually, 70% of Americans say they would..

So why isn't this the case?

Here is a good article written to Representative-elect Peter Welsh and brings up some great points...

http://www.rutlandherald.com/a...../OPINION02
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Why no impeachment? Reply with quote
jonpotz wrote:

Here is a good article written to Representative-elect Peter Welsh and brings up some great points...

Quote:

personally i would like to see him in jail, but will settle for impeachment as long as dirty dick halliburton goes down with him.
jonpotz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Why no impeachment? Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
jonpotz wrote:

Quote:

personally i would like to see him in jail, but will settle for impeachment as long as dirty dick halliburton goes down with him.

LOL...
Ragnarok6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Impeachment is a great idea sadly that will never happen Crying or Very sad I read the article and it is very good but i still dont think any patitions and articles and statistics will bring an impeachment.
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ragnarok6 wrote:
Impeachment is a great idea sadly that will never happen Crying or Very sad I read the article and it is very good but i still dont think any patitions and articles and statistics will bring an impeachment.

So you believe impeachment is totally out of the question?
haywood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Impeachment is already said to be off the table. Impeachment for what? Really?
Cantskate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Impeachment can't be based off of conspiracy theories and general disapproval of the president. You can say he lied and led the country into a war just for oil/his wealth/whatever and he can counter that with poor intelligence on Iraq. He has similar outs for every point that would be brought up against him in favor of impeachment.
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
20 something accounts of warrantless wiretapping might just be an impeachable offense since a court has already deemed it to be ILLEGAL.
Cantskate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
and other courts have deemed it to be legal. That arguement will just go back and forth.
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cantskate wrote:
and other courts have deemed it to be legal. That arguement will just go back and forth.

not really
In the case ACLU v. NSA, Detroit District Court judge Anna Diggs Taylor ruled on August 17, 2006 that the program is illegal under FISA as well as unconstitutional under the First and Fourth Amendments of the United States Constitution. She ordered that warrants be obtained for all wiretaps, although her decision is stayed pending appeal.

and if the appeal does not work well you've got grounds for an impeachment.
Cantskate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
and the appeal process takes so long that before anything could be done, Bush will be out of the office. The democrats would probably benefit more from focusing their efforts on the next election rather than on false and slanderous attacks on Bush and pushing for his impeachment.
JoeysAngyl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
While impeachment would be grand, I think it is the next best thing for Bush to stay in office, and let the democrats in the house and senate do everything in their power to make him look even worse then he already does... if that is even possible.
corey michael
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My opinion...

Many of the Democrats voted for the war in Iraq. Pelosi did. Pursuing impeachment would prove they, too, were wrong. Also, pursuing impeachment could dampen the Democrats support in the '08 Presidential elections. Regardless, both parties are controlled by the same foreign interest...Just ask 22 year veteran of Congress, Paul Findley.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote=] false and slanderous attacks on Bush.[/quote]

haha

yea don't anybody attack bush based on facts (just because the truth hurts does not mean it is slanderour). hahaha

it is okay for bush to spend billions to place false stories in newspapers, it is okay for bush to lead our country into war based off of false intelligence, it is okay for bush to push his fear mongering control plan using false "terror" plot uncovered and stopped messages, it is okay for bush to falsely deny global warming, it is okay for bush to falsely deny the reality of the situation of his wars, it is okay for bush to falsely accuse bloggers as helping terrorists, it is okay for bush to falsely claim that the terrorists want the democrats in power, etc., etc., etc.
hotelangel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd love to see Bush removed from office, but we aren't exactly left with a good alternative.
Democrats would do better to focus on Iraq, and focus on making sure that Bush doesnt get away with doing whatever he wants, as he has gotten away with for the past 6 years.
Bush will be out of office long before any investigations are complete, and appeals final.
I don't agree with Clintons impeachment, but we really shouldnt make it a habit to impeach our presidents, no matter how much the majority despises him.
If Bush were removed from office, Cheney would then become president, and be able to appoint his own vice president. He has already stated that he has no aspirations to the presidency, so he may well resign after appointing us a new president. Democrats would then likely be facing an incumbent in 2008, and thats the last thing they want.
I'm afraid we're stuck with him for another 2 years.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3