Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   


Why no impeachment?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Liberal Corner
Author Message
Amin
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 85
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
guess you could say it is

for example how bill clintons impeachment was not followed up

clinton and bush vacation with each other

both parties are undeniably corrupt

i could go on but i do not think its necessary as it is too obvious
Back to top
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 300
Location: Richmond, IN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Amin wrote:
guess you could say it is

for example how bill clintons impeachment was not followed up

clinton and bush vacation with each other

both parties are undeniably corrupt

i could go on but i do not think its necessary as it is too obvious
So because Clinton and Bush Sr, two guys no longer in government, but sharing the brotherhood of being two out of a small handful of living men who understand what it's like to hold the office of the President don't hate each other, the parties are in cahoots? That's the worst argument I've seen in awhile, dude. You don't have to agree with someone politically to hang out with them, and if both parties wanted the same shit done it would get done a lot faster. I'm not saying they aren't corrupt, but that your reasoning is incredibly flawed. The day Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Jon Stewart, Jerry Falwell, Al Franken and Michael Moore have a barbecue, I'll believe there's something going on to that effect. Maybe.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Amin wrote:
guess you could say it is

for example how bill clintons impeachment was not followed up


Which was a deal clinton made with the independent counsel; it had nothing to do with the republicans.

clinton and bush vacation with each other[/quote]

They're both ex-presidents, and they've collaborated on a number of projects. It's not so shocking that they might spend some time together. They're a democrat and a republican, but they're also both human, and both americans.

Quote:

both parties are undeniably corrupt


That statement implies that a controlling party other than the democrats/republicans wouldn't be.

That's a faulty assumption.

Quote:

i could go on but i do not think its necessary as it is too obvious


No, it isn't obvious at all. It's very easy to infer that some sort of conspiracy is at work, but that's because our brains suck at intuiting this sort of thing. If you can't hash it out rigorously, then you need to question the intuition that's driving you to these conclusions.
Back to top
Amin
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 85
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They're both ex-presidents, and they've collaborated on a number of projects. It's not so shocking that they might spend some time together. They're a democrat and a republican, but they're also both human, and both americans.

yes they are such great men! "sarcastic"

"That statement implies that a controlling party other than the democrats/republicans wouldn't be. "

it does?

what about the funding both parties get from the many corporations? and then there are the lobbyists

the country has been sold out

we do not how the man murdered the women but we know he did it

his hands are bloody and the women are in his backyard
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Amin wrote:
They're both ex-presidents, and they've collaborated on a number of projects. It's not so shocking that they might spend some time together. They're a democrat and a republican, but they're also both human, and both americans.

yes they are such great men! "sarcastic"


That's not my point.

You claim that the two men spending time together is indicative of a bigger scheme.

I showed that that's not likely the case; you don't need a big scheme to explain their spending time together.

Quote:

"That statement implies that a controlling party other than the democrats/republicans wouldn't be. "

it does?

what about the funding both parties get from the many corporations? and then there are the lobbyists

the country has been sold out


Yep.

But like i said, it's not a democrat-republican thing. It's a government thing; people will try to bribe whomever is in power.

Quote:

we do not how the man murdered the women but we know he did it

his hands are bloody and the women are in his backyard


What?
Back to top
Amin
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 85
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"we do not how the man murdered the women but we know he did it

his hands are bloody and the women are in his backyard"

i dont mean it literally
Back to top
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 300
Location: Richmond, IN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Amin wrote:
They're both ex-presidents, and they've collaborated on a number of projects. It's not so shocking that they might spend some time together. They're a democrat and a republican, but they're also both human, and both americans.

yes they are such great men! "sarcastic"

"That statement implies that a controlling party other than the democrats/republicans wouldn't be. "

it does?

what about the funding both parties get from the many corporations? and then there are the lobbyists

the country has been sold out

we do not how the man murdered the women but we know he did it

his hands are bloody and the women are in his backyard


Whether or not they're great men has nothing to do with them chillaxing together indicating conspiracy... dude, they aren't even in power anymore. as former presidents, they share a bond, like any two people who go through the same uncommon and difficult experience. Think of them like The Breakfast Club. (haha someone can have fun deciding which members they are)

And again, corporate sponsorship is unfortunate, but inevitable in the current political climate, not a fault of the parties.
Back to top
Trollmaster
Newbie


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dems need to put Bush under oath about anything. The Iraq war, and warrantless wiretaps at the top of the list.

Catch him lying and then go for impachment.

Of course Democrats have no balls so they won't do any of this.
Back to top
Trollmaster
Newbie


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
corey michael wrote:
My opinion...

Many of the Democrats voted for the war in Iraq. Pelosi did. Pursuing impeachment would prove they, too, were wrong. Also, pursuing impeachment could dampen the Democrats support in the '08 Presidential elections. Regardless, both parties are controlled by the same foreign interest...Just ask 22 year veteran of Congress, Paul Findley.


Recent history says otherwise. Repubs impached Clinton for way way less, and they didn't lose any power in congress and the house.
Back to top
Rochester
Newbie


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 46

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Impeachment of Bush does not mean removal remember. And yes many of the reasons for impeaching him are stuck in a quagmire of back and forth arguments. I believe what we really had him on was neglecting the strategies suggested by his generals and the firing of them because of their opposition to the current strategy. I believe congress could have censured him for that. But I say "had" for a reason I think he has dodged that bullet by firing Rumsfeld.
Back to top
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 1200
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Impeach him and don't say it will hurt dems in 08' because impeaching Clinton really hurt the pubs in 00'. No impeaching him will show the Dems have a spine, which they have been repeatedly said not having.
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Liberal Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Add to My Yahoo!

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites