Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Who Would You Like to Run in 2008?

Home // Liberal Corner


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic

Who Would You Like to See Win the Democratic Nomination for President?
Evan Bayh
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Joe Biden
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wesley Clark
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Hillary Rodham Clinton
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
John Edwards
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Al Gore
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
John Kerry
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Barack Obama
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Bill Richardson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tom Vilsack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Message
DraftObama.org
Newbie


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 7
Location: Gainesville, FL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Who Would You Like to Run in 2008? Reply with quote
Who do you want to run for the presidency and why?
Back to top
CryxicKiller
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 332

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm hoping Al Gore can pull off another Nixon. That is, I hope he can get elected, not have a Presidency like that of Nixon.
Back to top
bmcg63
Newbie


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Obama all the way Reply with quote
We need somebody new to run. I like Gore a lot, and I like Kerry, too. We need new blood, and I think it is Obama. He's got the charisma, and that is what running for president (and being president) is all about. This guy has what it takes to pull it off.

Does somebody have a different possibility to offer who has as much potential? Next question - who is the best choice for veep? Very Happy
Back to top
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 581
Location: Tri-State

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Obama all the way Reply with quote
bmcg63 wrote:
We need somebody new to run. I like Gore a lot, and I like Kerry, too. We need new blood, and I think it is Obama. He's got the charisma, and that is what running for president (and being president) is all about. This guy has what it takes to pull it off.

Does somebody have a different possibility to offer who has as much potential? Next question - who is the best choice for veep? Very Happy


I agree with your Obama remark.

However, I think Kerry's career is stained due to the right wing media machine...From them getting at him for being a flip flopper ( also known as changing his mind on a failed policy ) or him "hating the troops" ( making a botched joke that everyone blows out of proportion )...
Back to top
DraftObama.org
Newbie


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 7
Location: Gainesville, FL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Obama all the way Reply with quote
bmcg63 wrote:
We need somebody new to run. I like Gore a lot, and I like Kerry, too. We need new blood, and I think it is Obama. He's got the charisma, and that is what running for president (and being president) is all about. This guy has what it takes to pull it off.

Does somebody have a different possibility to offer who has as much potential? Next question - who is the best choice for veep? Very Happy


I foresee Obama asking Wes Clark to join his ticket. One might assume Obama would choose someone with extensive experience, given the fact that many point to Obama's inexperience as a negative factor. However, if Obama chooses Clark, that would enable him to truly stand for something different and possibly anti-establishment. I think this will resonate with a majority of Americans, especially as more voters get to know Obama.

It's interesting to ponder the differences between the current administration and a possible Obama/Clark administration. Who would you rather the leader of your country depend on for foreign policy expertise - Cheney or Clark? Enough said Laughing
Back to top
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 300
Location: Richmond, IN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Obama all the way Reply with quote
DraftObama.org wrote:
bmcg63 wrote:
We need somebody new to run. I like Gore a lot, and I like Kerry, too. We need new blood, and I think it is Obama. He's got the charisma, and that is what running for president (and being president) is all about. This guy has what it takes to pull it off.

Does somebody have a different possibility to offer who has as much potential? Next question - who is the best choice for veep? Very Happy


I foresee Obama asking Wes Clark to join his ticket. One might assume Obama would choose someone with extensive experience, given the fact that many point to Obama's inexperience as a negative factor. However, if Obama chooses Clark, that would enable him to truly stand for something different and possibly anti-establishment. I think this will resonate with a majority of Americans, especially as more voters get to know Obama.

It's interesting to ponder the differences between the current administration and a possible Obama/Clark administration. Who would you rather the leader of your country depend on for foreign policy expertise - Cheney or Clark? Enough said Laughing


I agree, I like this idea a lot. I always liked Wesley Clark, and I think he would be a great addition to an Obama ticket.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2222

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
obama is going to end up in the same boat as howard dean. they will find a way to destroy his candidacy because he is a) too progressive, b) black, & c) moslem
Back to top
DraftObama.org
Newbie


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 7
Location: Gainesville, FL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Obama Does Not Equal Howard Dean Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
obama is going to end up in the same boat as howard dean. they will find a way to destroy his candidacy because he is a) too progressive, b) black, & c) moslem


Let's all laugh out loud at the same time. Ok, first of all, Obama is not Muslim (observe the spelling). Dean's campaign did not fizzle due to being too progressive. Most political analysts agree his candidacy was destroyed because he was not articulate (see raging scream chaos). Obama is the most articulate public servant I have observed in my studies of political science.

Hearing the race factor truly upsets me because it's not based on any kind of rational thought. Think about this for a moment. Whoever chooses not to vote for Obama simply due to race WOULD NEVER VOTE FOR A DEMOCRATIC ANYWAYS. In 2004, I believe Bush and the Rove team maximized the conservative base to its fullest extent. Given that fact and the fact that someone as dry as Kerry could come somewhat close to winning during a time of war bodes very well for a candidate like Obama. Obama is one of those rare public figures who can tie progressivism with mainstream values. We, as Democrats, NEED him to win the nomination.
Back to top
Tesla
Newbie


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 41
Location: /root/home/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama all the way Reply with quote
DraftObama.org wrote:

One might assume Obama would choose someone with extensive experience, given the fact that many point to Obama's inexperience as a negative factor.


Well, Lincoln only served one term in senate before being elected president, and he was one of the best presidents in our history.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2222

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama Does Not Equal Howard Dean Reply with quote
DraftObama.org wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
obama is going to end up in the same boat as howard dean. they will find a way to destroy his candidacy because he is a) too progressive, b) black, & c) moslem


Let's all laugh out loud at the same time. Ok, first of all, Obama is not Muslim (observe the spelling). Dean's campaign did not fizzle due to being too progressive. Most political analysts agree his candidacy was destroyed because he was not articulate (see raging scream chaos). Obama is the most articulate public servant I have observed in my studies of political science.

Hearing the race factor truly upsets me because it's not based on any kind of rational thought. Think about this for a moment. Whoever chooses not to vote for Obama simply due to race WOULD NEVER VOTE FOR A DEMOCRATIC ANYWAYS. In 2004, I believe Bush and the Rove team maximized the conservative base to its fullest extent. Given that fact and the fact that someone as dry as Kerry could come somewhat close to winning during a time of war bodes very well for a candidate like Obama. Obama is one of those rare public figures who can tie progressivism with mainstream values. We, as Democrats, NEED him to win the nomination.


moslem and muslem are both proper ways of describing someone who practices islam.

dean was too progressive and he was set up by the democrats, and failed as a result. he was then given the job of heading the democrat party to ensure he would not be able to run for president in 2008. this has happened in the past as well. candidates that are too progressive are silenced by their own parties all the time. how do you think teddy roosevelt became president? (he was given the nomination of VP to get him out of power in NY, because a VP has little power and influence, but due to a death, and to the dismay of the democrats, he became president.)

as far as "the scream" goes, he was in a crowed gym and the crowd noise was edited out.
b.t.w. what was wrong with "the scream"? someone who is trying to lead our country should not have passion?

get out of your bubble...you are giving the general public way too much credit. you don't think that racism still exsists? *****news flash*****racism is a problem in america and there are large numbers of racists living in america*****end news flash****** if obama runs, there will be a record turnout. hopefully the minorities voting for the first time because obama is black will outnumber the racists that come out and try to make sure a black is not elected as president. seriously having dark skin is going to be the toughtes obstacle. (but i will agree that more than likely people voting out of racism probally would vote republican)
if you ran a monkey against bush in 2004, the monkey would have recieved almost 40% of the vote. it was not kerry motivating the votes for him, it was getting bush out of office.
Back to top
bmcg63
Newbie


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
if you ran a monkey against bush in 2004, the monkey would have recieved almost 40% of the vote. it was not kerry motivating the votes for him, it was getting bush out of office.


While I appreciate hyperbole, I think this is just plain insulting to Kerry. I like the man, and still feel he would be a good president. Those @#^*ing republicans screwed him with their well-orchestrated dance of reputation ruining. It's what they do, and their followers are so brain-washed, they can't even tell it is happening to them. Choose one (maybe two)"issue(s)" and repeat them until even the person you are lying about thinks they are true. The Clinton and the land deals (forget Monica), Gore being a waffler, the Dean scream thing, Kerry and the Vietnam War. They are RELENTLESS.

Hilary has NOT A CHANCE. Nevermind any of the already rans. Obama - he is in the catbird seat They can't play the race card - not openly. Experience - there are plenty of answers to that. C'mon Dems - when are we gonna learn how to be better at this game than they are???? It isn't like the rules have changed in the last 20 years! Clinton was able to play . . . I think Obama can, I really do! How about that intro to the Bears' Monday night game???? Wink
Back to top
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 300
Location: Richmond, IN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Obama Does Not Equal Howard Dean Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
DraftObama.org wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
obama is going to end up in the same boat as howard dean. they will find a way to destroy his candidacy because he is a) too progressive, b) black, & c) moslem


Let's all laugh out loud at the same time. Ok, first of all, Obama is not Muslim (observe the spelling). Dean's campaign did not fizzle due to being too progressive. Most political analysts agree his candidacy was destroyed because he was not articulate (see raging scream chaos). Obama is the most articulate public servant I have observed in my studies of political science.

Hearing the race factor truly upsets me because it's not based on any kind of rational thought. Think about this for a moment. Whoever chooses not to vote for Obama simply due to race WOULD NEVER VOTE FOR A DEMOCRATIC ANYWAYS. In 2004, I believe Bush and the Rove team maximized the conservative base to its fullest extent. Given that fact and the fact that someone as dry as Kerry could come somewhat close to winning during a time of war bodes very well for a candidate like Obama. Obama is one of those rare public figures who can tie progressivism with mainstream values. We, as Democrats, NEED him to win the nomination.


moslem and muslem are both proper ways of describing someone who practices islam.

dean was too progressive and he was set up by the democrats, and failed as a result. he was then given the job of heading the democrat party to ensure he would not be able to run for president in 2008. this has happened in the past as well. candidates that are too progressive are silenced by their own parties all the time. how do you think teddy roosevelt became president? (he was given the nomination of VP to get him out of power in NY, because a VP has little power and influence, but due to a death, and to the dismay of the democrats, he became president.)

as far as "the scream" goes, he was in a crowed gym and the crowd noise was edited out.
b.t.w. what was wrong with "the scream"? someone who is trying to lead our country should not have passion?

get out of your bubble...you are giving the general public way too much credit. you don't think that racism still exsists? *****news flash*****racism is a problem in america and there are large numbers of racists living in america*****end news flash****** if obama runs, there will be a record turnout. hopefully the minorities voting for the first time because obama is black will outnumber the racists that come out and try to make sure a black is not elected as president. seriously having dark skin is going to be the toughtes obstacle. (but i will agree that more than likely people voting out of racism probally would vote republican)
if you ran a monkey against bush in 2004, the monkey would have recieved almost 40% of the vote. it was not kerry motivating the votes for him, it was getting bush out of office.


Yes, racism decidedly exists. But I'm not sure how many swing voters (especially in places like pennsylvania, new hampshire, ohio, etc.) will vote against him due to race. As far as that goes, the decidedly ethnic name is probably a bigger issue than him actually being black. I'm sure the phrase "President Obama" will set off mental alarms for a few people. But if he can appeal to people normally too disenchanted to vote, and show moderates that the Democratic party has life and charisma in it, I think he can pull it off. I mean, who else will? Running Kerry again would be stupid, too many people hate him already. Same with Clinton.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2222

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay...the racism thing. i work at a bar and know a lot of people who could give two shits about politics. i can not even count how many times i have heard something to the effect of "did you hear that some n$%%*# is running for president." wait until these idiots figure out that he ia moslem.

why in fact was bush able to get the votes he did?

because the republicans rallied the whacko evangelicals with hate in the spring of 2004. there is not any way in hell bush would have won with out the gay marriage disaster of 2004. all of these evangelical people came out and voted against gay marriage and for bush, and were instructed to by their spiritual manipulators. remember when the vatican issued a statement telling priests to deny people the eucharist who support abortion? this is why bush won (plus vote stealing and disinfranchisment)
Back to top
CryxicKiller
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 332

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Obama's great and all but.....Senators don't really have a good track record in Presidential elections. This is just as significant a fact in evaluating his chances for the White House as his race. That's why I'm hoping for somebody like Gore or Vilsack to run...old and quaint, but both more likely to win than some Senators.
Back to top
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 300
Location: Richmond, IN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really don't think running someone who's already lost is the best strategy... I see the points about Obama, though.
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberal Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo!

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites