Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Your Ad Here

Who will get the republican nomination?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner
Author Message
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 1200
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why not
Former Governor Mike Huckabee
Former Governor Jim Gilmore
or
Senator Chuck Hagel
Back to top
TheGreatNeoCon
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
rynln53 wrote:
nobody likes taxes, and i think that is your point.


Taxes are very important. Although our system is beyond ridiculous at this point.
Back to top
supplyside
Newbie


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 10
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
“I agree. There are no true conservatives anymore in government and if there is...there are very few. I'm going to vote because voting is important and I think right now I'm torn between Guiliani and Romney. I would sooner vote for Obama than McCain. Preferably I'm hoping for either Newt Gingrich or Fred Thompson to run.”

I am just curious why you do not like John McCain? McCain is the most proven Neoconservative in the race. In fact, in 2000 Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard endorsed John McCain over Bush because he believed that McCain would pursue a much more aggressive foreign policy.

McCain is my number one choice, followed by Rudy and Romney respectively. Actually Rudy might be #1 now, but only becasue I believe he has the best chance in the general election (What can I say, I'm a pragmatist). I have nothing personal against Newt, he is a really smart guy....but there is no way he can win the general election in my opinion.
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
supplyside wrote:
“I agree. There are no true conservatives anymore in government and if there is...there are very few. I'm going to vote because voting is important and I think right now I'm torn between Guiliani and Romney. I would sooner vote for Obama than McCain. Preferably I'm hoping for either Newt Gingrich or Fred Thompson to run.”

I am just curious why you do not like John McCain? McCain is the most proven Neoconservative in the race. In fact, in 2000 Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard endorsed John McCain over Bush because he believed that McCain would pursue a much more aggressive foreign policy.

McCain is my number one choice, followed by Rudy and Romney respectively. Actually Rudy might be #1 now, but only becasue I believe he has the best chance in the general election (What can I say, I'm a pragmatist). I have nothing personal against Newt, he is a really smart guy....but there is no way he can win the general election in my opinion.


Hey, have you checked out Ron Paul?...He is under the Republican ticket. A true maverick in D.C.!
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 3796

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
rynln53 wrote:
nobody likes taxes, and i think that is your point.


Taxes are very important. Although our system is beyond ridiculous at this point.


I actually *do* like taxes, I'm for a 100% tax.
Back to top
TheGreatNeoCon
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
supplyside wrote:
“I agree. There are no true conservatives anymore in government and if there is...there are very few. I'm going to vote because voting is important and I think right now I'm torn between Guiliani and Romney. I would sooner vote for Obama than McCain. Preferably I'm hoping for either Newt Gingrich or Fred Thompson to run.”

I am just curious why you do not like John McCain? McCain is the most proven Neoconservative in the race. In fact, in 2000 Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard endorsed John McCain over Bush because he believed that McCain would pursue a much more aggressive foreign policy.

McCain is my number one choice, followed by Rudy and Romney respectively. Actually Rudy might be #1 now, but only becasue I believe he has the best chance in the general election (What can I say, I'm a pragmatist). I have nothing personal against Newt, he is a really smart guy....but there is no way he can win the general election in my opinion.


It's just my opinion that he isn't a conservative. In my view he's just a republican and we have enough of those in Washington as it is right now. I do find it funny, though, because about the only branch of people that DON'T like McCain are conservatives.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
about the only branch of people that DON'T like McCain are conservatives.


...and liberals like me.
Back to top
TheGreatNeoCon
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
about the only branch of people that DON'T like McCain are conservatives.


...and liberals like me.


Well you would know more about who liberals want for President than I do, of course. I'm not saying he would be their first choice, but that it has just been my experience that many liberals have a certain "respect" for him.
Back to top
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 1200
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
[
Well you would know more about who liberals want for President than I do, of course. I'm not saying he would be their first choice, but that it has just been my experience that many liberals have a certain "respect" for him.


We lost it when he lost his nose in W's backside.

"I would not vote for Jonah McCain under any circumstances"-Focus on the families James Dobson

Ouch that has to hurt.
Back to top
TheGreatNeoCon
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anym wrote:
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
[
Well you would know more about who liberals want for President than I do, of course. I'm not saying he would be their first choice, but that it has just been my experience that many liberals have a certain "respect" for him.


We lost it when he lost his nose in W's backside.

"I would not vote for Jonah McCain under any circumstances"-Focus on the families James Dobson

Ouch that has to hurt.


How did he lose his nose in The President's backside?(yes I know the term means, but am just asking what actual action caused this change in opinion).
Back to top
supplyside
Newbie


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 10
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
supplyside wrote:
“I agree. There are no true conservatives anymore in government and if there is...there are very few. I'm going to vote because voting is important and I think right now I'm torn between Guiliani and Romney. I would sooner vote for Obama than McCain. Preferably I'm hoping for either Newt Gingrich or Fred Thompson to run.”

I am just curious why you do not like John McCain? McCain is the most proven Neoconservative in the race. In fact, in 2000 Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard endorsed John McCain over Bush because he believed that McCain would pursue a much more aggressive foreign policy.

McCain is my number one choice, followed by Rudy and Romney respectively. Actually Rudy might be #1 now, but only becasue I believe he has the best chance in the general election (What can I say, I'm a pragmatist). I have nothing personal against Newt, he is a really smart guy....but there is no way he can win the general election in my opinion.


It's just my opinion that he isn't a conservative. In my view he's just a republican and we have enough of those in Washington as it is right now. I do find it funny, though, because about the only branch of people that DON'T like McCain are conservatives.


I agree with your statement that conservatives are usually the ones who do not like McCain. However, due to his chearleading for the Iraq war I think that the liberals don't care for him much either. But the be honest, I'm not sure why you do not view McCain as a conservative. He is for fiscal restraint, pro-life, pro-trade, and has been calling for a troop surge before Bush was even thinking about it. Take away McCain-Feingold and his environmentalism, and McCain is quite the conservative.

As far as the Ron Paul comment, he was my hero in my libertarian days, and I still have great respect for him. But I believe that he is wrong on foreign policy and also unelectable.
Back to top
TheGreatNeoCon
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
supplyside wrote:
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
supplyside wrote:
“I agree. There are no true conservatives anymore in government and if there is...there are very few. I'm going to vote because voting is important and I think right now I'm torn between Guiliani and Romney. I would sooner vote for Obama than McCain. Preferably I'm hoping for either Newt Gingrich or Fred Thompson to run.”

I am just curious why you do not like John McCain? McCain is the most proven Neoconservative in the race. In fact, in 2000 Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard endorsed John McCain over Bush because he believed that McCain would pursue a much more aggressive foreign policy.

McCain is my number one choice, followed by Rudy and Romney respectively. Actually Rudy might be #1 now, but only becasue I believe he has the best chance in the general election (What can I say, I'm a pragmatist). I have nothing personal against Newt, he is a really smart guy....but there is no way he can win the general election in my opinion.


It's just my opinion that he isn't a conservative. In my view he's just a republican and we have enough of those in Washington as it is right now. I do find it funny, though, because about the only branch of people that DON'T like McCain are conservatives.


I agree with your statement that conservatives are usually the ones who do not like McCain. However, due to his chearleading for the Iraq war I think that the liberals don't care for him much either. But the be honest, I'm not sure why you do not view McCain as a conservative. He is for fiscal restraint, pro-life, pro-trade, and has been calling for a troop surge before Bush was even thinking about it. Take away McCain-Feingold and his environmentalism, and McCain is quite the conservative.

As far as the Ron Paul comment, he was my hero in my libertarian days, and I still have great respect for him. But I believe that he is wrong on foreign policy and also unelectable.


Just a mountain of disagreements with McCain over the years. I apologize I can't think of any off the top of my head other than what you mentioned. Well his stance on Gitmo bothered me(though I can understand based on his past). Just my opinion. If he is the repub nominee I'll have a hard time voting republican. Right now my choices are leaning towards two guys that aren't even running as of yet. Thompson and Gingrich.
Back to top
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 1200
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:


How did he lose his nose in The President's backside?(yes I know the term means, but am just asking what actual action caused this change in opinion).


John McCain has so far criticized
The Torture bill then voted for it.
The Tax cuts then voted for them.
Called for more troops then said the war was going fine.
Called the troop surge a failed whack a mole strategy
then says it's working perfectly fine.

There's just a list of his lies.

Why not Mike Huckabee a true conservative.
Back to top
TheGreatNeoCon
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anym wrote:
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:


How did he lose his nose in The President's backside?(yes I know the term means, but am just asking what actual action caused this change in opinion).


John McCain has so far criticized
The Torture bill then voted for it.
The Tax cuts then voted for them.
Called for more troops then said the war was going fine.
Called the troop surge a failed whack a mole strategy
then says it's working perfectly fine.

There's just a list of his lies.

Why not Mike Huckabee a true conservative.


But, how does that describe him putting his nose into the Presidents backside? I would say that was more or less pandering than anything. I may be wrong, but I don't remember him critcizing the torture bill. IIRC he had been making one of the biggest cases for it and then voted in favor. I also don't recall him ever saying the war was going fine or else it depends on what time he possibly said that about the war. I've seen him say stick with the war, but rectify mistakes that have been made thus far. As far as the Tax cuts and the Surge I have no idea what he said about those two issues. I won't vote for McCain, anyways.
Back to top
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 1200
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="TheGreatNeoCon"
But, how does that describe him putting his nose into the Presidents backside?
All of those were and are supported by the pres.
I would say that was more or less pandering than anything. I may be wrong, but I don't remember him critcizing the torture bill.
Yea there was that and one of our generals had the balls to say to McCain that he didn't know what torture was.
IIRC he had been making one of the biggest cases for it and then voted in favor. I also don't recall him ever saying the war was going fine or else it depends on what time he possibly said that about the war.
"There are places in Baghdad that Americans can walk through."
I've seen him say stick with the war, but rectify mistakes that have been made thus far. As far as the Tax cuts and the Surge I have no idea what he said about those two issues. I won't vote for McCain, anyways.
Hell I wouldn't vote for a flip-flopper either.
[/quote]
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics