Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   


Who will get the republican nomination?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner
Author Message
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Who will get the republican nomination? Reply with quote
gorudy08 wrote:
Now yes in case you don't yet I want Rudy. Mainly because of his record in New York City. But who do u think will get it think and why?


I have no political allegiance to any one party, but I truly pray that it is Dr. Ron Paul. He has a little something for everyone and his record of voting in the House is bulletproof! He has ALWAYS voted against the bullshit bill, acting strictly on behalf of the taxpayers. Whom he has aknowledged as being his true employers. A true maverick in D.C! Here is a link to his site:
http://www.ronpaulexplore.com/
Back to top
TheGreatNeoCon
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Who will get the republican nomination? Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
gorudy08 wrote:
Now yes in case you don't yet I want Rudy. Mainly because of his record in New York City. But who do u think will get it think and why?


I have no political allegiance to any one party, but I truly pray that it is Dr. Ron Paul. He has a little something for everyone and his record of voting in the House is bulletproof! He has ALWAYS voted against the bullshit bill, acting strictly on behalf of the taxpayers. Whom he has aknowledged as being his true employers. A true maverick in D.C! Here is a link to his site:
http://www.ronpaulexplore.com/


Being that I'm in the market for a presidential candidate to fully support I will definitely look into Ron Paul. Not to be rude, but do you feel he has a chance to actually win?
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Who will get the republican nomination? Reply with quote
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
gorudy08 wrote:
Now yes in case you don't yet I want Rudy. Mainly because of his record in New York City. But who do u think will get it think and why?


I have no political allegiance to any one party, but I truly pray that it is Dr. Ron Paul. He has a little something for everyone and his record of voting in the House is bulletproof! He has ALWAYS voted against the bullshit bill, acting strictly on behalf of the taxpayers. Whom he has aknowledged as being his true employers. A true maverick in D.C! Here is a link to his site:
http://www.ronpaulexplore.com/


Being that I'm in the market for a presidential candidate to fully support I will definitely look into Ron Paul. Not to be rude, but do you feel he has a chance to actually win?


Absolutely! As long as Diebold says that it will be ok. LoL (Or whatever company your district uses)
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Who will get the republican nomination? Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:

Absolutely! As long as Diebold says that it will be ok. LoL (Or whatever company your district uses)


My whole state (massachusetts) rejected diebold. so now diebold is trying to sue. Haha.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2071

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
exton wrote:
Not one that you'll consider convincing Smile

I just don't like him. Mostly because he's a raving liar. And because he's a career politician in the worst sense.


Well this is why I choose to look into these two guys way before it's time to vote. I usually vote republican only because I don't agree with democrat belief, but of course republicans have been letting me down in my own beliefs. Right now I'm pretty sour on both parties in general. I don't particularly want Rudy or Mitt, but I don't want Hillary or Barak, either. I may for the first time just vote third party.


you know, the republicans no longer stand for what they once did, and in all honesty the roles have changed and the democrats are now more along the same lines as the 1990s republicans.
Back to top
TheGreatNeoCon
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
exton wrote:
Not one that you'll consider convincing Smile

I just don't like him. Mostly because he's a raving liar. And because he's a career politician in the worst sense.


Well this is why I choose to look into these two guys way before it's time to vote. I usually vote republican only because I don't agree with democrat belief, but of course republicans have been letting me down in my own beliefs. Right now I'm pretty sour on both parties in general. I don't particularly want Rudy or Mitt, but I don't want Hillary or Barak, either. I may for the first time just vote third party.


you know, the republicans no longer stand for what they once did, and in all honesty the roles have changed and the democrats are now more along the same lines as the 1990s republicans.


I agree with some of that...I think the majority of republicans in the house and senate have abandoned their principles, but I don't really think the democrats are much better if at all better in the first place.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 3796

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
sharona wrote:
At this juncture, I would vote for McCain. Simply because he is the most conservative of the presently accounted for candidates. However, IF Fred Thompson does decide to toss his hat into the ring, then my vote would definitely go to him. As it stands, the Republicans do not have a strong enough candidate to battle head-to-head in the General Election against either of the two front running Democrats.


Welcome.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2071

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Who will get the republican nomination? Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Xerxes wrote:

Absolutely! As long as Diebold says that it will be ok. LoL (Or whatever company your district uses)


My whole state (massachusetts) rejected diebold. so now diebold is trying to sue. Haha.


in my state, former secretary of state who runs the elections owned diebold stock.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2071

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
exton wrote:
Not one that you'll consider convincing Smile

I just don't like him. Mostly because he's a raving liar. And because he's a career politician in the worst sense.


Well this is why I choose to look into these two guys way before it's time to vote. I usually vote republican only because I don't agree with democrat belief, but of course republicans have been letting me down in my own beliefs. Right now I'm pretty sour on both parties in general. I don't particularly want Rudy or Mitt, but I don't want Hillary or Barak, either. I may for the first time just vote third party.


you know, the republicans no longer stand for what they once did, and in all honesty the roles have changed and the democrats are now more along the same lines as the 1990s republicans.


I agree with some of that...I think the majority of republicans in the house and senate have abandoned their principles, but I don't really think the democrats are much better if at all better in the first place.


i really don't like either of them. they both are corrupt and both serve the interests of the corporations who give them money over the interests of me.

people say i am a liberal and in a lot of ways that is true, but i still hold the principals of fiscal responsibility, strong states rights and small federal government in the highest regards. that is what the GOP i grew up with represented and what those of the bush era completely abandoned.
Back to top
TheGreatNeoCon
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
TheGreatNeoCon wrote:
exton wrote:
Not one that you'll consider convincing Smile

I just don't like him. Mostly because he's a raving liar. And because he's a career politician in the worst sense.


Well this is why I choose to look into these two guys way before it's time to vote. I usually vote republican only because I don't agree with democrat belief, but of course republicans have been letting me down in my own beliefs. Right now I'm pretty sour on both parties in general. I don't particularly want Rudy or Mitt, but I don't want Hillary or Barak, either. I may for the first time just vote third party.


you know, the republicans no longer stand for what they once did, and in all honesty the roles have changed and the democrats are now more along the same lines as the 1990s republicans.


I agree with some of that...I think the majority of republicans in the house and senate have abandoned their principles, but I don't really think the democrats are much better if at all better in the first place.


i really don't like either of them. they both are corrupt and both serve the interests of the corporations who give them money over the interests of me.

people say i am a liberal and in a lot of ways that is true, but i still hold the principals of fiscal responsibility, strong states rights and small federal government in the highest regards. that is what the GOP i grew up with represented and what those of the bush era completely abandoned.


Well, like I've always said...Be a conservaitve, liberal, or anywhere inbetween based on ideology...not candidate.
Back to top
rynln53
Newbie


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
so, a stand still we have reached. All this settles nothing. The original question was who will get the nomination. So who will?
Back to top
Uncle Al
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 5
Location: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Although he has not yet decided to seek the Republican nomination for president, do not rule out the possibility of Fred Thompson entering the race and perhaps getting the nomination. He is arguably more conservative than those who have already announced their candidacy.
Back to top
hgary2003
Newbie


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Who will get the republican nomination?


Simple answer..





~ FRED THOMPSON - PRESIDENT - 2008 ~

So far he has said he may run for the office of President of the United States, I would like to believe he will, I'm sure he would be the right choice for America in 2008.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 3796

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Who will get the republican nomination? Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
gorudy08 wrote:
Now yes in case you don't yet I want Rudy. Mainly because of his record in New York City. But who do u think will get it think and why?


I have no political allegiance to any one party, but I truly pray that it is Dr. Ron Paul. He has a little something for everyone and his record of voting in the House is bulletproof! He has ALWAYS voted against the bullshit bill, acting strictly on behalf of the taxpayers. Whom he has aknowledged as being his true employers. A true maverick in D.C! Here is a link to his site:
http://www.ronpaulexplore.com/


I like taxes.
Back to top
rynln53
Newbie


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
nobody likes taxes, and i think that is your point.
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Add to My Yahoo!

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites