Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Who wants to break laws to support a theory!?! ME ME ME

Home // Evolution Versus Creationism



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Can you make your case that my statement is wrong? If you can, make it. If you can't we could've possibly had a discussion about what I said.


That's what we've done for the past 10 posts in reply to you.

If you're not going to bother reading the arguments we actually make, or just write them off with whatever arguments you made to begin with without explaining how the assertions are still correct, I'm not going to waste my time with you.

As for the troll business, you have as of yet not made a single argument that you have bothered to explain. You've listed clear reasons why you dislike evolution, but when those reasons are questioned, you simply repeat your reasons. That's not discussion, which is what we are all here for.


Last edited by Lynx on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Willie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Liberals versus Conservatives, "Let's Bridge The Divide".

When a person states an established fact and another person chooses rather than discuss the presented fact, to move the discussion to an area that person KNOWS full well will only result in contentious comments and arguments, I present to you that the TROLL(s) in this room are not as you and your friends would like to suggest.

Look around at those of you who choose to hang around this site. All spewing out your liberal point of view; full of anger and rage, attacking anyone who enters with an opposing point of view. Always tearing down America's ideals and rewriting her history to fit your godless point of view.

Never willing to enter into debate, but always looking for ways to advance your argument and take away the liberties of people like me. Attacking my rights to worship my God by attacking the existence of my God or attacking the rights churches throughout this land have enjoyed since our country was formed. Attacking, attacking, attacking and eroding the very moral fiber and foundation our country was built upon.

The ugly Trolls of America --- Liberals out to destroy all my country once stood for --- I have no use for any of you. Go to hell, and believe me you soon enough will.

Good bye!
Back to top
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Edit: Never mind. Not worth bothering with.

Have a nice day.
Back to top
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 2017
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are so full of shit you can't even keep track of your own posts.

You claimed
Willie wrote:
my point really was the way evolution is being used by Humanists and taught to our children."
Ummm ... how are we suppose to discuss your opinion. It is your opinion and in America, you are entitled to an opinion. You have made NO POINT. Are you expecting someone to defend the way evolution is taught? Why?


You later stated:

Willie wrote:
Isn't it somewhat amazing, and I'm not trying to be coy, that the very first verses God gave us in the Bible are: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

He allowed all of us the option to believe in Him or reject Him in the very first verse of the Bible.


If you meant it to be a rhetorical question you probably should have stated that, you don't have some special priviledge to exhalt you religion here and have any commentary held in check. You're not that impressive. My reply was my opinion, I don't find the first words of your bible all that amazing, in fact, it is rather predictable.


to continue ...

Willie wrote:
Let's see, I post about not having a problem with the theory of evolution being taught, but with it being taught as proven science. I make a statement that Darwin's desire to prove evolution began because he became angry with God.


Yes, you posted this and in that post you have demonstrated you don't know what a scientific theory is. You have ignored any response to attempt to clarify why you think the Theory of Evolution is not grounded in scientific fact, yet, I assume you are confident that the Theory of Gravity is grounded in scientific fact.

Yes, you made a statement that Darwin hated god, prove it. When you already demonstrated what appears to be only a cursory knowledge on this topic, don't expect someone to come out and try and change your opinion. Besides, Lynx already pointed out that Darwin's religious view is irrelevant, you need to show how it is relevant so that a century of scientific study has all been bent toward this "anger with god". C'mon show some proof.


Willie wrote:
I have been accused of being angry, and been told that I can't back up my argument. Now my religion and my God are being attacked.


Show where your religion and your god have been attacked. Or is that the same "attack" you are claiming that Darwin made?

Willie wrote:
However, no one has made the case that evolution is a proven science because it cannot be made. And no one wants to discuss Darwin because my statement about him is pretty well documented.


Evolution is a scientific theory recognized by the the majority of scientists worldwide. It's called "home court advantage" you better start to make a case that it ISN'T a scientific theory, you are in the minority. So far all you have done is shown you don't know what a scientific theory is.

Willie wrote:
You people attack and change the argument because you cannot make a case that my statements are incorrect. You've been paying too much attention to Move On and Hillary and Bill. If you can't win the argument you can't always bait someone into a totally different argument -- It simply doesn't work all the time.


Who attacked? And what argument did you make? You stated you didn't like evolution and that Darwin hated your God. Okay, you have an opinion and you don't know what a scientific theory is. Lynx correctly stated that Darwin's personal relationship with god is irrelevant to the scientific underpinnings that support evolution. Lynx and I have indicated that you need to explain your definition of "theory" because you are calling into doubt whole segments of science. I mean do you believe that spiritual or magical energy allows you to surf the internet? as opposed to something based on the Electromagnetic Theory?


Willie wrote:
Can you make your case that my statement is wrong? If you can, make it. If you can't we could've possibly had a discussion about what I said.


You have an opinion. I have an opinion. You have not presented anything to indicate that your statements are anything more then you opion about darwin and your lack of knowledge of what a "scientific theory" is.

Willie wrote:
When a person states an established fact and another person chooses rather than discuss the presented fact, to move the discussion to an area that person KNOWS full well will only result in contentious comments and arguments, I present to you that the TROLL(s) in this room are not as you and your friends would like to suggest.


You have not stated any established facts.

Willie wrote:
Always tearing down America's ideals and rewriting her history to fit your godless point of view.


Again, who is the angry one here ... "your godless point of view". Martyr much do we?

Willie wrote:
Never willing to enter into debate, but always looking for ways to advance your argument and take away the liberties of people like me. Attacking my rights to worship my God by attacking the existence of my God or attacking the rights churches throughout this land have enjoyed since our country was formed. Attacking, attacking, attacking and eroding the very moral fiber and foundation our country was built upon.


Oh, this is even better ... "take away liberties of people like me" ... gotta love it. "Attack my rights to worship me God by attack the existence of my God" ... Laughing This is really funny because it makes absolutely no sense - Chrtistians (and I do believe you MUST be an evangelical Christian) do not believe in Buddah or any Hindi God ... but you have no problem "attacking their right to worship their God by attacking the existence of their God"

This is why "people like you" get such a raft of crap ... PRIDE. You are so full of hubris I am surprised your bible doesn't just whither up and dry out when you touch it - hypocrit.

Willie wrote:
The ugly Trolls of America --- Liberals out to destroy all my country once stood for --- I have no use for any of you. Go to hell, and believe me you soon enough will.


What your country once stood for? Ha, then go back to your country, because it certainly wasn't America. We are not and have never been the Theorcracy you so eagerly and maniacally crave - go to Heaven, that's where you will find your theocratic autocracy. If that's too far, try Iran.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to LVC Willie!
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Evolution Versus Creationism All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics
Politics blogs Politics blogs Article Directory Political Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Top Blog Sites