Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Who raised taxes the most?

Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives

cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Who raised taxes the most? Reply with quote

http://www.heritage.org/resear.....ation.html
Winter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: As If Taxation Was the Worst Thing A Govt Could Do... Reply with quote
While I agree that high taxes are not conducive to a thriving nation...

There are obviously far worse things that leadership can wreak upon its citizenry.

Government sponsorship of the practice of abortion has to be the worst thing. What's the point of doing anything at all for your people if they don't have a right to life? How much more basic can your rights get?
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: As If Taxation Was the Worst Thing A Govt Could Do... Reply with quote
Winter wrote:
While I agree that high taxes are not conducive to a thriving nation...

There are obviously far worse things that leadership can wreak upon its citizenry.

Government sponsorship of the practice of abortion has to be the worst thing. What's the point of doing anything at all for your people if they don't have a right to life? How much more basic can your rights get?

well said, sir. I heartily agree.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, though that's not my favorite soapbox issue, it has become more and more dear to me over the years as the most core value that a society can hold. Maybe because I'll be a grandpa in the next half dozen years or less.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1