28%  [ 2 ]
Other. (Please post a specification.)
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

CustomFordGirl
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: What's your vehicle preference? Reply with quote
I had to ask.. been itching for a good car conversation for a while..
I guess you can tell what my choice is. Smile

I used to drive a '79 F150 Custom (hence the name), but the motor gave out and I haven't had the funds to fix/replace it...
Then I drove a '98 Ford Ranger, 5-speed standard transmission. I can still hear the roar that baby made when I down-shifted.. mmmm. That one was totaled. Sad
I SO want another truck.. has to be a standard though.. I won't settle for less now! Smile

So tell me about your ride(s).
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No liscense.

I want a kombi van though.
brandal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i resent the notion that the poll suggest. ie. that japanease is not quality.

japanease- honda / toyota(terrific cars, best resale and best reliability)

korean - hyundai / kia (terrible cars not good reliability)

bfor i got my dui i drove a lexus es300 (a glorified camry) terrific car, 240k miles & it was a 98, i drove the shit out of that car.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
my absolute favorite cars to drive are BMWs. i have about 6 years of valet experience and have gotten to rip just about everything around a parking lot and there is nothing like a beemer. i used to drive a VW and loved them until they ruined them with the inception of this current line. they decided to abandon the VW handling that i loved so and switch it with a japanese style.

unless you have money to throw around, it is a no brainer what you should buy, which is a honda or a toyota. they are the most fuel efficient cars, have the best reliability and the best resale value.

i do not like the korean cars but have to disagree with brandal because i know about 7 people who have hyundais (99-03) and they have never given them any problems.
brandal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
my absolute favorite cars to drive are BMWs. i have about 6 years of valet experience and have gotten to rip just about everything around a parking lot and there is nothing like a beemer. i used to drive a VW and loved them until they ruined them with the inception of this current line. they decided to abandon the VW handling that i loved so and switch it with a japanese style.

unless you have money to throw around, it is a no brainer what you should buy, which is a honda or a toyota. they are the most fuel efficient cars, have the best reliability and the best resale value.

i do not like the korean cars but have to disagree with brandal because i know about 7 people who have hyundais (99-03) and they have never given them any problems.

your right, i mis-spoke, they have terrible resale but arent that bad as far as reliability
chevydriver1123
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I firmly stand behind my 97 Chevy S-10 4x4
Atlas
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I still like my 1983 Chevy 3/4 ton 6.2 Diesel. 580,000 and still going. Still has the same motor and tranny, I did have to put in a new rear end 2 years ago, but not to bad. I also like the two 20 gallon tanks. I can fill her up and drive forever.

I also have a 2002 Chevy Caviler. It's ok, but I like the tuck better. I'm a Chevy man so far.
Mike
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Only Chevy for me, I used to drive an '87 Suburban, but now I drive a '96 Astro, both could crush my parents' car, which is a gay little VW Beetle.
CustomFordGirl
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
brandal wrote:
i resent the notion that the poll suggest. ie. that japanease is not quality.

japanease- honda / toyota(terrific cars, best resale and best reliability)

korean - hyundai / kia (terrible cars not good reliability)

bfor i got my dui i drove a lexus es300 (a glorified camry) terrific car, 240k miles & it was a 98, i drove the shit out of that car.

By that measure, I said that American cars, trucks, and fuel-efficient cars are not quality. By "quality" I meant "top-end", "expensive by brand".. not "something that isn't junk."
CustomFordGirl
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chevydriver1123 wrote:
I firmly stand behind my 97 Chevy S-10 4x4

Good! Chevy isn't my first choice of a truck, but it's a close second.
CustomFordGirl
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mike wrote:
Only Chevy for me, I used to drive an '87 Suburban, but now I drive a '96 Astro, both could crush my parents' car, which is a gay little VW Beetle.

Oh, what I'd give for a 'burban... with a winch on the back, and the old barn-door back doors.. 4x4, slight lift.. great for off-roading. Smile
fellfire
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I loved my 2004 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4. Ford did an awesome job redesigning the F150. .... but ... I traded it in because I had put 77k miles on it in 3 years. Now I'm driving a 2007 Acura TL Type-S. Man, that is one hot car.

So I guess my selection is Other: Truck, if not it's gotta be fast; something fast, if not it's gotta be a truck.
brandal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atlas wrote:
I still like my 1983 Chevy 3/4 ton 6.2 Diesel. 580,000 and still going. Still has the same motor and tranny, I did have to put in a new rear end 2 years ago, but not to bad. I also like the two 20 gallon tanks. I can fill her up and drive forever.

I also have a 2002 Chevy Caviler. It's ok, but I like the tuck better. I'm a Chevy man so far.

is that the same chevy you & your wife drove to VA to see me in?
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mike wrote:

have you ever driven the beetle? does it have a 1.8t and a 6 speed? if so, that beetle is bad ass even though it is gay looking.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l1ycRFd3_Gc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // General Chatter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1