Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
weekly israeli human rights violations report

Home // Israel Corner

jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: weekly israeli human rights violations report Reply with quote
http://www.pchrgaza.org/files/.....t%2031.pdf
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fuck.
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Of course we notice that this report isn't by some unbiased organization, such as a UN human rights NGO.
thelast007
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Debbie Almontaser resigned as principal of an Arab-themed public school in New York Friday after she was criticized for being part of group selling shirts imprinted with the words "Intifada NYC."

censorship?
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thelast007 wrote:
Quote:
Debbie Almontaser resigned as principal of an Arab-themed public school in New York Friday after she was criticized for being part of group selling shirts imprinted with the words "Intifada NYC."

censorship?

It's not censorship when you resign voluntarily.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
fellfire wrote:
Of course we notice that this report isn't by some unbiased organization, such as a UN human rights NGO.

Which would be accused of bias anyways.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
fellfire wrote:

so what are you trying to say? that this organization issues a weekly report and they make up stories about people israel maims and kills, and about attacks on palestinians and their property?
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
fellfire wrote:

so what are you trying to say? that this organization issues a weekly report and they make up stories about people israel maims and kills, and about attacks on palestinians and their property?

So thats how all the fiction writers make a living.
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
fellfire wrote:

YOu don't suppose there is anything in-between objective reporting and "they make up stories about people israel maims and kills, and about attacks on palestinians and their property"?

Are you saying that you believe everything they write is the absolute truth and the organization gains nothing by embellishing, at the least, and out and out lying, at the extreme?

I take this groups report with a hefty dose of scepticism because they have a vested interest in embellishing any report to favor their viewpoint. I've seen enough reporting from reputable source (BBC, API, Rueters) to know that Palestinians and Israelis are fundamentally incapable of not accusing each other of atrocities.
Raibeart
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah fellfire, strange how the most numerous of the atrocities are committed by the IDF (many captured on camera) but still guys like you are prepared to castigate the Palestinians who continue their struggle for their lands against an infinitely superiorly armed and financed IDF against slingshots, small arms and occasionally WW2 replica rockets.
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Raibeart wrote:
Yeah fellfire, strange how the most numerous of the atrocities are committed by the IDF (many captured on camera) but still guys like you are prepared to castigate the Palestinians who continue their struggle for their lands against an infinitely superiorly armed and financed IDF against slingshots, small arms and occasionally WW2 replica rockets.

Yeah, show me in my post where I support the IDF or the Israelis and castigate the Palestinians. Its guys like you that go ballistic when someone doesn't immediately side with the palestinians. Your first course of action is to accuse them of siding with the israelis. I don't side with either of these warring parties - let them kill each other off, the world would be a better place.

Just because I don't believe immediately believe the palestinians are telling the truth, doesn't mean I automatically believe the israelis are.

Last edited by fellfire on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
thelast007
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
thelast007 wrote:
Quote:

censorship?

It's not censorship when you resign voluntarily.

depends on if she was privately pressured or not/ an environment created to influence her resignation

Page 1 of 1