Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
the joys of mandatory universal health insurance

Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives

cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: the joys of mandatory universal health insurance Reply with quote
libs will continue to read stuff like this and continue to want UH. absurd. sad thing is...some people will die b/c of UH.

The national health care system in my country is racked by agonizingly long waits and rationing of many vital medical services, starting with a severe shortage of the family physicians who are gatekeepers of our care.

More than 800,000 Canadians currently are in long holding patterns for operations that would be done in the U.S. in a few weeks after the initial diagnosis. Sadly, many will die before they make it to the head of the line. Those who can find a way flee to the U.S. for the quality medical service so often lacking at home.

The benchmark question for any nation's health care system is whether their citizens are forced to go abroad for quality accessible health care treatment. The answer in America is obvious.

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/I.....5064758477
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: the joys of mandatory universal health insurance Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:
libs will continue to read stuff like this and continue to want UH. absurd. sad thing is...some people will die b/c of UH.

You keep posting Canada as if it's the only UHC system in the world. Delays are nowhere near as bad elsewhere (check Germany), and they especially wouldn't allow anyone to die because they have to wait for something. Regardless, do you think we're stupid enough to look at another system, like the overall benefits of it, and not think that we should address the other system's problems?

I do like the article though. The only statistic in the whole article is that 800,000 people are waiting in line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1