Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
The FBI can hear you!

Home // Government Watch

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

hotelangel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: The FBI can hear you! Reply with quote
Pretty disturbing.
The FBI can use your cell phones tracking device to activate the microphone, and listen to everything that you do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....&eurl=
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I read that article the other day...pretty scary..

They say some phones that are powered down even can be listening...wow.
Guido

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is that right? Suppose nothings stopping the British government from listening to its citizens. You sure this isn’t just conspiratorial paranoia?
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guido wrote:
Is that right? Suppose nothings stopping the British government from listening to its citizens. You sure this isn’t just conspiratorial paranoia?

No..I believe that a major telecom company admitted to doing this for the feds...
Guido

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now that is really enraging. I don’t want some scrutineering conservative fascists keeping an open ear on my personal activities, its dehumanizing!
Patriot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree that we should have privacy. But really, I have nothing to hide. I couldnt give a rats ass if they overheard me talking about how much I hate my Saturn. Im not doing anything illegal.
haywood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fear. fear. fear. that is why I dont have a cell. not really.
The governtment has never not bugged the entire nation. the only difference now is that more people are aware of it. When was the last time a bunch of government spooks rained down from nowhere and scurried off someone that you knew, for threating the security of the nation? They listen to so much stuff they hear nothing.
Cantskate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Patriot wrote:
I agree that we should have privacy. But really, I have nothing to hide. I couldnt give a rats ass if they overheard me talking about how much I hate my Saturn. Im not doing anything illegal.

That's my thoughts on the whole issue. And it isnt like the government listens in on every conversation, that's a logistical nightmare. They have a filter that picks up on keywords(think Enemy of the State) and then analyzes the conversation from that point on. Then further action is taken, depending on how the government views what was said.

And guess what, it has worked very well. We havent had any terrorist attacks on our soil and the wiretapping foiled the plot to blow up the planes over the Atlantic. I don't see how people can argue with results like that...
corey michael
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hear every phone has a GPS signal as well. Also, has anyone heard about the camera's in Britain. I read something yesterday talking about an experiment they were doing on about 7 of the public surveillance cameras. They are mounting speakers and barking down at people for violating minor laws and whatnots. Is that big brother or what?
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even scarier is the ID number printed out with every piece of paper that goes through any printer, this ID number can be traced back to the manufacturer and from there to the store where it was sold and then to the person who bought. Basically if you print an anti-government flyer or poster off your printer they can tell exactly who did it.

The reason there has been no more attacks on U.S. soil is because they just don't give a rats anymore, why fly all the way to America when there are the epitome of American subjagators right outside the window carrying big guns??
Cantskate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
Even scarier is the ID number printed out with every piece of paper that goes through any printer, this ID number can be traced back to the manufacturer and from there to the store where it was sold and then to the person who bought. Basically if you print an anti-government flyer or poster off your printer they can tell exactly who did it.

The reason there has been no more attacks on U.S. soil is because they just don't give a rats anymore, why fly all the way to America when there are the epitome of American subjagators right outside the window carrying big guns??

Ummm what ID number? I'm going to have to call BS on the whole ID# claim until I see some proof. I work around computers and printers all the time, and unless I'm blind, I've never heard about an ID# being printed on every paper. Sounds like another conspiracy theory to me.

And your next part you have half-correct. You are right that the reason we haven't had any attacks on our soil is the fact that we brought the fight to them. But you are totally incorrect that they only attack us in their country due to apathy.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry bout that, it took me ages to find the link and then I got called away, anyways, here it is.

http://www.eff.org/Privacy/printers/wp.php

The Electronic Frontier Foundation are highly reputable, plus there are more links down the bottom, and it's not an ID no. like I said it's more a series of dots type thing done in very light yellow ink.
Cantskate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
Sorry bout that, it took me ages to find the link and then I got called away, anyways, here it is.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation are highly reputable, plus there are more links down the bottom, and it's not an ID no. like I said it's more a series of dots type thing done in very light yellow ink.

Wow. Thats...interesting. I do stand corrected on the conspiracy theory statement.

My thoughts on this is that it's a good thing. We do have a problem with counterfeiting in this country, and anything done to help curb it and detect who counterfeits is a good thing.

While I do see where some people would be afraid of this, I think it amounts to the same privacy arguement that is against the wiretapping that Bush instated. Afraid that this could be abused. Until there is valid proof of that, this should be embraced for being a way to track counterfeiting.
JoeysAngyl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Patriot wrote:

Most people aren't doing anything illegal, but it is the principle of the matter. If they can be allowed to violate our privacy by doing this what will be next... making it mandatory for everyone to wear tracking bracelets... planting cameras in bathroom stalls? I know that sounds a little bit extreme, but in this country slowly but surely we are having our rights violated.

"Those Who Would Sacrifice Liberty for Security Deserve Neither"
-Ben Franklin

That is a quote that has always stuck out in my mind. Yes we want to have a bit of safety in our country, but at what cost?
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cantskate wrote:
Lester wrote:

Wow. Thats...interesting. I do stand corrected on the conspiracy theory statement.

My thoughts on this is that it's a good thing. We do have a problem with counterfeiting in this country, and anything done to help curb it and detect who counterfeits is a good thing.

While I do see where some people would be afraid of this, I think it amounts to the same privacy arguement that is against the wiretapping that Bush instated. Afraid that this could be abused. Until there is valid proof of that, this should be embraced for being a way to track counterfeiting.

Don't worry bout it, I was incredibly skeptical too at first, it's just so scary.

People say if your not doing anything illegal, you shouldn't worry about them looking in on you, but really, aren't they the ones who decide what is illegal and what is not?? I was considering posting a topic about people saying that before, but then people started to say it here I thought better to roll with it. No habeaus corpus anymore remember? All they have to do is get your series of yellow dots and place them on a organizer of terrorist activities, or cut and paste soundclips to make it seem like your talking about commiting such and act, now, they may not have any reason to do that at all, but the point is, they shouldn't be able to. No way no how.

"The tragedy of our day is the climate of fear in which we live, and fear breeds repression. Too often sinister threats to the bill of rights, to the freedom of the mind, are concealed under the patriotic cloak of anti-communism, today, it's the cloak of anti-terrorism."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNSwZfLsnis

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Government Watch All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3