Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
The Communist Party(I wish)

Home // Other Parties

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: The Communist Party(I wish) Reply with quote
There should be one, I'd run for president, but I'm not american.
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only thing I hate more then communists are marxists, and their goddam praxis.

"ITS WORKS ON PAPER I SWEAR!!!"

= P
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Long time no see!

I don't see whats so wrong with wanting utopia.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's nothing wrong with wanting it, but when people try to make it, they fail.
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:

There's nothing wrong with wanting it; there is a lot wrong with implementing failed ideas and thinking that sooner or later they will work. There's something wrong with destroying the individual in the name of the people. There's something wrong with government telling people what they should desire, what they must do, and what they can have.

No, there's nothing wrong with wanting utopia, but there's everything wrong with thinking we will find it in communism.
rynln53

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
its ironic that the actual meaning of the latin word utopia is "no place" coined by Thomas Moore saying that there would be no such place, and it is bad to hope for utopia because it is unattainable and therefore a grand waste of time, and far too idealistic to be in anyway practical, for anyone. ever.
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
Lester wrote:

There's nothing wrong with wanting it; there is a lot wrong with implementing failed ideas and thinking that sooner or later they will work. There's something wrong with destroying the individual in the name of the people. There's something wrong with government telling people what they should desire, what they must do, and what they can have.

No, there's nothing wrong with wanting utopia, but there's everything wrong with thinking we will find it in communism.

The communism that Marx wrote of was not exactly what it became. He did not take into account the human greed factor that ultimately killed it. It was not Ronald Reagan. No form of government has proven itself to be workable. Outside of tribalism. Unlike the western tribes, the Algonquin Indian tribe actually had a democracy of sorts long before we even landed here. There was individual accountability and diplomacy among other Indian nations. They decided that warring with other Indian nations was counterproductive. Then we came here and slaughtered them.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton- So far.

TrespassersW -The ideas have never been implemented, not completely and properly, if at all. I don't propose we destroy the individual, just that we don't sacrifice a whole bunch of individuals for the sake of a few. Communist governments don't tell you what to desire.
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: The Communist Party(I wish) Reply with quote
Lester wrote:

If you want to become one, I will loan you my sister to marry for citizenship. LoL
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
The ideas have never been implemented, not completely and properly, if at all. I don't propose we destroy the individual, just that we don't sacrifice a whole bunch of individuals for the sake of a few. Communist governments don't tell you what to desire.

Imperfect implementations of federal/democratic/capitalist systems have always fared far better than imperfect implementations of communism. I believe we're far more likely to come close to the utopia you seek by working to improve systems that work fairly well rather than replacing them with systems that have never worked well at all.

"When will the world learn that a million men are of no importance compared with one man?" -- Henry David Thoreau
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: The Communist Party(I wish) Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
Lester wrote:

If you want to become one, I will loan you my sister to marry for citizenship. LoL

I'm sure she's quite attractive, but you have to be born in america.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also to Xerxes, I think, or hope, whichever you choose, that humanity will one day rise above the pettiness of greed, or at least realise that true and enlightened self-interest is fully actualized in communism.
rynln53

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
the fact that communism is a construct and not a natural system like capitalism, leads to its down fall. The Wealth of Nations, the book that defines capitalism, was written as an examination of how money switches hands, that is all capitalism is, The Communist Mainifesto was written as a design for a new economic system, to try and control and economy totally is impossible, which is why communism will never work.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
Lester wrote:
The ideas have never been implemented, not completely and properly, if at all. I don't propose we destroy the individual, just that we don't sacrifice a whole bunch of individuals for the sake of a few. Communist governments don't tell you what to desire.

Imperfect implementations of federal/democratic/capitalist systems have always fared far better than imperfect implementations of communism. I believe we're far more likely to come close to the utopia you seek by working to improve systems that work fairly well rather than replacing them with systems that have never worked well at all.

"When will the world learn that a million men are of no importance compared with one man?" -- Henry David Thoreau

All other systems are compromises, or they will never result in utopia(except mebbe anarchy), I aim for perfection.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
rynln53 wrote:
the fact that communism is a construct and not a natural system like capitalism, leads to its down fall. The Wealth of Nations, the book that defines capitalism, was written as an examination of how money switches hands, that is all capitalism is, The Communist Mainifesto was written as a design for a new economic system, to try and control and economy totally is impossible, which is why communism will never work.

Ants are communist.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Other Parties All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11