Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Sen. Johnson suffers stroke - Senate power might tip..

JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Sen. Johnson suffers stroke - Senate power might tip.. Reply with quote
"MSNBC is currently reporting that Senator Tim Johnson (D-SD) has suffered a stroke." If he is unable to continue, a republican governor will decide who will be the next senator. This could tip the balance of power in the senate."

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2....._1213.html

Jeeez...say it ain't so....

This could be the worst possible thing that could happen to America.
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
He's fine now, I saw it on CNN in the airport. Yay!
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll wrote:
He's fine now, I saw it on CNN in the airport. Yay!

Wow...thats good news...

I bet this whole ordeal gave the right wing a few ideas...if you know what I'm saying...
Mike
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personally, I think it would be morbid to win back the Senate that way. However, I wish that the left would stop saying they "steamrolled" us, considering it was 51-49. Besides, the opposite party usually take back the Senate in the midterms. This was nothing special.
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're correct that it was nothing new, but Bush had the smallest margin of victory of any reelected incumbent president in 2004 and even NPR was spouting off about him having a "mandate." Politicians are prone to exaggerating their support.
Nesta13Maldini
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Democrat or Republican this crap is going to hell!
Mike
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll wrote:
You're correct that it was nothing new, but Bush had the smallest margin of victory of any reelected incumbent president in 2004 and even NPR was spouting off about him having a "mandate." Politicians are prone to exaggerating their support.

Smallest margin of victory. He still won, lol. And he managed to get voters to stay almost even with the Democrats in the Midterms. I am throuoghly convinced that Democrats don't outnumber Republicans, Democrats are just louder. lol.Just kidding. Laughing
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If Democrats were louder they'd get more done. Republicans have succeeded to a certain extent in making "liberal" a dirty word in American politics, and I think nationally, they very well may be the majority. That's why it's some kind of referendum on the way the country is going when states like Montana, Virginia and Missouri elect Democratic Senators. And outing a long time, entrnched Senator like Rick Santorum requires some serious discomfort with current trends... certainly doesn't make those voters Democrats, hell, they might be real, old school Republicans who don't like the debt we're running up in Iraq and got shaken up by some recent scandals (the downside to having the "family values" vote is that some of the Republican base may be overly sensitive to bad moral behavior by one or two legislators, and begin to doubt the Party.)

Well, that was a rant. I think I have some points in there, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1