Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Science Doesn't Make Any Sense!

Home // Atheism Versus Religion

Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Science Doesn't Make Any Sense! Reply with quote
http://www.landoverbaptist.org.....ience.html

Creation Research Center

"We don't know how He does it," said Landover Junior High School teacher, Mrs Doris Whitaker, "but Jesus changes the colors of the leaves on the trees during the Fall (a season named after the fall of man from Eden, which had no autumn colors). No science book will tell you that.

Whitaker expressed a long-held Baptist belief that science cannot explain natural phenomenon.

These people should be considered functionally retarded.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yea not a clue how that green turns to brown...
chevydriver1123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, Science cant explain why the leaves change colors ROFL and this woman is a teacher????? Where do they get these people.
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ummm ... just to be clear here. You do know that Landoverbaptist.org is a paradoy site. Right?
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't notice till I saw the WWJD thong.
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anym wrote:

LOL ... yeah, usually on any website I am ignoring all the sidebar adds, but some of these are funny.

"Accept Christ and we'll throw in a free phone" and the link leads to an advertising page ... "Jesus saved your soul and now he is going to save you major bucks on your long distance bill". Laughing
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fellfire wrote:
Anym wrote:

LOL ... yeah, usually on any website I am ignoring all the sidebar adds, but some of these are funny.

"Accept Christ and we'll throw in a free phone" and the link leads to an advertising page ... "Jesus saved your soul and now he is going to save you major bucks on your long distance bill". Laughing

I remember that from the bible
Verizon 3:16 right? Laughing
CustomFordGirl
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Science Doesn't Make Any Sense! Reply with quote
Anym wrote:
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1100/science.html

Creation Research Center

"We don't know how He does it," said Landover Junior High School teacher, Mrs Doris Whitaker, "but Jesus changes the colors of the leaves on the trees during the Fall (a season named after the fall of man from Eden, which had no autumn colors). No science book will tell you that.

Whitaker expressed a long-held Baptist belief that science cannot explain natural phenomenon.

Oh. My. God.
No wonder you have a terrible opinion of Christians!! THIS is where you get your information! Do you really believe that this is a true report?
And if it is, I'd say that this is one high school teacher that needs to be committed.
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Science Doesn't Make Any Sense! Reply with quote
CustomFordGirl wrote:

Oh. My. God.
No wonder you have a terrible opinion of Christians!! THIS is where you get your information! Do you really believe that this is a true report?
And if it is, I'd say that this is one high school teacher that needs to be committed.

Honestly, CFG, I think this site is really really wrong with some of the stuff it puts up and I only ever take it with a grain of salt. It is like The Onion, or at least it should be considered like that for anyone that reads it. I know that this does not represent Christians in any real sense - at least, I believe that (Despite my rants about Christians in other threads).

But, I find it really funny too. I hope that Christians can look at it and laugh a bit, as well.
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Science Doesn't Make Any Sense! Reply with quote
CustomFordGirl wrote:
Anym wrote:
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1100/science.html

Creation Research Center

Oh. My. God.

UUMMMMM..... Yea I could see it a real and believable story Christians not believing science can explain natural phenomena is the craziest thing I've heard and they have a hate hate relationship with science.
Common CFG you posted a story about catholics rejecting a kid from school because his last name was HELL. JLV posted one were Christians believe the T-rex was a gentle dinosaur. For a few of them to come out and say science doesn't prove anything would that be so crazy?
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nah ... this IS over the top. I mean there has been some wierd statements and news reports about Christians over the years, but this site is just WRONG. I still find it funny as Hell (the surname, not the mythical location).

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Atheism Versus Religion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1