Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Your Ad Here

Ron Paul not getting a fair shake in the media.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Ron Paul not getting a fair shake in the media. Reply with quote
Is it just me, or is Ron Paul not getting very much airplay on the news? This is shameful because Dr. Paul is "The Man"! I think that this is due mainly to the fact that he goes against the Washington status quo.

Even if you don't agree with all of his stances, his voting record is spotless, and he has some really good ideas. In light of the fact that they are showing every other possible Republican on the news.

None of those other candidates are fit to carry his calculator, if you vote for Guiliani you could end up with a broom stick in your ass. Ron Paul is so fiscally conservative he makes Reagan like your teenage daughter at the mall with your credit card. If he makes it through the primaries I will be voting Republican this time around. Wanna convert me to the Republican Party?

VOTE RON PAUL FOR YOUR REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE

Here's a letter and a link from his site:

March 29, 2007

Dear friend,

Since I announced my candidacy for the Republican nomination for president two weeks ago, the response and activity have been exciting. Thank you for your enthusiastic support!

After the day's business is complete here in the U.S. House, I will head to Phoenix this evening for two days of campaigning. I'm looking forward to a busy and productive time there, as we had recently in New Hampshire. Some of our activities in Phoenix will be an appearance on the Charles Goyette show on KFNX; a meeting with the editorial board of the Arizona Republic; a luncheon meeting with several Arizona state legislators; an interview with news anchor Jim Sharpe on KFYI; a fundraising reception; and a brunch meeting with nearly 100 Ron Paul 2008 activists. In addition, I will be interviewed on "Real Time with Bill Maher" on HBO tomorrow night.

On April 11th, our campaign goes to Iowa for two days. More on that trip a little later.

As I mentioned, the response and activity is exciting. Several videos are available on our YouTube channel. Thousands of people are watching those videos every day. Activity on our MySpace grows daily. The number of requests for radio and television interviews increases by the day, as do invitations for speaking engagements. Our web site is updated each day with new items posted on our Daily Update page.

Thank you again for your enthusiastic support. Please encourage family and friends to join our campaign. Ask them to visit www.RonPaul2008.com to be a part of our Hope for America.

Sincerely,
Ron Paul
TheGreatNeoCon
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone not getting a fair shake in the media? I refuse to believe it! Wink

I think "not agreeing with all of his stances" is really a moot point for any candidate. You're not going to get everything you want...ever.
rynln53

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
if he cant fight for representation what kind of candidate is he?
thelast007
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
rynln53 wrote:

that's true. Laughing

and also it's the reason we never get a good honest final candidate. Sad
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bill Maher interviewed him.
chevydriver1123
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
He is going to be on Lou Dobbs tonight
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
rynln53 wrote:

I see your point, but I can't help but wonder why he should have to fight for an equal chance to have his campaign covered by the media. Is it the media's job to decide which candidates have a valid message, or is that our job as voters?
ZackH
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The media squashes people out all of the time. He is actually utilizing the internet in a way that Clinton and Obama and Rudy aren't doing. Who watches the news much anymore anyways. Ron Paul might win through the internet. The nice and free internet. He'll also be saving a ton of money. He has a following that could make some noise.
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ZackH wrote:
The media squashes people out all of the time. He is actually utilizing the internet in a way that Clinton and Obama and Rudy aren't doing. Who watches the news much anymore anyways. Ron Paul might win through the internet. The nice and free internet. He'll also be saving a ton of money. He has a following that could make some noise.

I am one of those supporters. Cool
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think Ron is nuts. But I would like to see pres Kucinich.
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anym wrote:
I think Ron is nuts. But I would like to see pres Kucinich.

Why nuts? Has he said anything that is nuts? If so, please give example.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
He's totally non-interventionist, both in terms of foreign policy and economic policy.
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
He's totally non-interventionist, both in terms of foreign policy and economic policy.

....And there is a problem with that? Question
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's untenable in the modern world. It won't work unless you're willing to regress back to the 19th century. Or even the 18th.
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
It's untenable in the modern world. It won't work unless you're willing to regress back to the 19th century. Or even the 18th.

How is being a non-intervetionist not tenable? It has been due to the fact that we have totally been interventionists that has gotten us where we are now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7