Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   


Ron Paul not getting a fair shake in the media.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner
Author Message
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 1266
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:

That was a great interview. Everything that Bill asked him were good hard questions. And I believe that RP's answers were bulletproof. How could you not want this guy for president?

Every answer got right to the root cause of the problems that you addressed. No, it is not your standard Washington-Type-Announcement. It was the types of answers that Americans deserve and pay for.


Look even though he's honest He stands for everything I'm against.(except honesty/integrity)
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1548
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anym wrote:
Xerxes wrote:

That was a great interview. Everything that Bill asked him were good hard questions. And I believe that RP's answers were bulletproof. How could you not want this guy for president?

Every answer got right to the root cause of the problems that you addressed. No, it is not your standard Washington-Type-Announcement. It was the types of answers that Americans deserve and pay for.


Look even though he's honest He stands for everything I'm against.(except honesty/integrity)


It is a sad day in America when you can not be elected president based on the fact that you are honest and have integrity. He recognizes that there are 3 branches of government. He has been in congress since the 1970's. His policies would not become law tomorrow. But he would pull this country back to the center, where we belong, as a result of his extreme stances on some topics. I guarantee the Sherman Anti Trust Laws would be re-introduced and there would be a TON of corporate regulation plus sound economic policies that would be a breath of fresh air! Nothing but good would come from it.
Back to top
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 1266
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
Anym wrote:
Xerxes wrote:

That was a great interview. Everything that Bill asked him were good hard questions. And I believe that RP's answers were bulletproof. How could you not want this guy for president?

Every answer got right to the root cause of the problems that you addressed. No, it is not your standard Washington-Type-Announcement. It was the types of answers that Americans deserve and pay for.


Look even though he's honest He stands for everything I'm against.(except honesty/integrity)


It is a sad day in America when you can not be elected president based on the fact that you are honest and have integrity. He recognizes that there are 3 branches of government. He has been in congress since the 1970's. His policies would not become law tomorrow. But he would pull this country back to the center, where we belong, as a result of his extreme stances on some topics. I guarantee the Sherman Anti Trust Laws would be re-introduced and there would be a TON of corporate regulation plus sound economic policies that would be a breath of fresh air! Nothing but good would come from it.


Your description Reminds me of Truman a tuff guy who wanted to cut down on corruption. Maybe if he could get himself in as a Vice President first.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:

It is a sad day in America when you can not be elected president based on the fact that you are honest and have integrity.


Well, gee, i guess you should vote for a guy when you think his policies are stupid, as long as he's being honest, right?

Quote:

But he would pull this country back to the center, where we belong, as a result of his extreme stances on some topics.


We belong in the center?

The right course of action has nothing to do with the placement of the extremes of human public opinion. The right course of action is the right course of action, no matter how many people think the same or differently about it.

Quote:

I guarantee the Sherman Anti Trust Laws would be re-introduced and there would be a TON of corporate regulation plus sound economic policies that would be a breath of fresh air!


He's non-interventionist in terms of the government and the economy.

Quote:

Nothing but good would come from it.


Reread what you wrote here. You'll note that it's a departure from reality.
Back to top
ZackH
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 160

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe in his policies, he is an honest and intelligent man who wants to go back to abiding by that little document that made this country. I agree with most everything he has said. The only one that i have seen that i disagree with is his abortion stance, but he is a doctor in OB so i understand that he would be all for no abortion, but i don't even know if he is for making it illegal.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ZackH wrote:
I believe in his policies, he is an honest and intelligent man who wants to go back to abiding by that little document that made this country.


It's that sort of regressive attitude that bothers me in a politician.

Quote:
but i don't even know if he is for making it illegal.


From what i can tell, he doesn't want to make it illegal. He doesn't think it's the government's business.
Back to top
ZackH
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 160

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
ZackH wrote:
I believe in his policies, he is an honest and intelligent man who wants to go back to abiding by that little document that made this country.


It's that sort of regressive attitude that bothers me in a politician.

Quote:
but i don't even know if he is for making it illegal.


From what i can tell, he doesn't want to make it illegal. He doesn't think it's the government's business.


That document is the most important thing for this country. It was written so that it could be applied forever. How could anyone disagree with what it states? Exon what in the Decleration of Independence and the US Constitution do you disagree with? I understand that you are for world government even though the planet is no where near even close to being ready considering that a great deal of the planet is still 3rd world. Perhaps we should work on getting those countires up to speed before we make a nice big rich elite world government. How could the rich elite even know how to handle someone in the poor 3rd world areas?
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ZackH wrote:

That document is the most important thing for this country. It was written so that it could be applied forever. How could anyone disagree with what it states?


I don't necessarily disagree with what it explicitly states. I disagree with people who think the government can and should do *only* what it explicitly states.

Quote:

Exon what in the Decleration of Independence


That we have "natural" rights and that there is a "creator".

Quote:

before we make a nice big rich elite world government. How could the rich elite even know how to handle someone in the poor 3rd world areas?


Who said anything about rich elite?
Back to top
ZackH
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 160

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well the Constitution allows us to make add amendments. The 13th Amendment is very important because it outlaws slavery, which was originally supposed to be in the Constitution when it was made but due to the fact that the Southern states wouldn't have united and signed it, they had to take it out to get them to sign it and make it to where we can make that necessary change when the country was ready.

I definatly think the Bill of Rights is untouchable because of the reason they were placed. They were put as law to protect the citizens from their Government and the Preamble to the Decleration of Independence was placed as the citizen's charge to protect the Constitution from the government. Because of that i completly disagree in any changes to the Bill of Rights.

I do agree with your second point, the creator part was because most of the people were Christians and they truely believed that there was a god. A minority like Thomas Pain was athiest. I do believe that the only right a human being has is his right to defend himself. Every other right can be taken away but even in prison you are able to defend yourself. But I see Thomas Jefferson's point that we have natural rights. I mean if we lived in the forest with no government just as individual people we would have natural rights. We are all born with the ability to do whatever we want but for society to work we have to control and restrict most of these rights. The Natural rights the DoI is talking about is the most rights we can possibly have without total anarchy.

Because who else do you think is going to be the President of the World?
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1548
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
We belong in the center?


Since when is being center extreme?
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1548
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Well, gee, i guess you should vote for a guy when you think his policies are stupid, as long as he's being honest, right?


Is it any more stupid to vote for a person who you think has good policies but is a liar and a mass murderer?
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
exton wrote:
We belong in the center?


Since when is being center extreme?


Where did i claim that being in the center is extreme?

I claim that the center is not the default correct position to be in, because the right course of action has nothing to do with who thinks what about it.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
exton wrote:
Well, gee, i guess you should vote for a guy when you think his policies are stupid, as long as he's being honest, right?


Is it any more stupid to vote for a person who you think has good policies but is a liar and a mass murderer?


If you know someone is telling you what you want to hear, and you know that they are a liar, then you know that you think their *real* policies are stupid.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ZackH wrote:

I definatly think the Bill of Rights is untouchable because of the reason they were placed.


The better way to put it is, "i think they shouldn't be touched, because the reason they were put there".

It's factually incorrect to say that they cannot be changed.

Quote:

They were put as law to protect the citizens from their Government and the Preamble to the Decleration of Independence was placed as the citizen's charge to protect the Constitution from the government. Because of that i completly disagree in any changes to the Bill of Rights.


The declaration of independence is not a legal document, and does not determine any part of the american government.

Quote:

I do agree with your second point, the creator part was because most of the people were Christians and they truely believed that there was a god. A minority like Thomas Pain was athiest. I do believe that the only right a human being has is his right to defend himself. Every other right can be taken away but even in prison you are able to defend yourself. But I see Thomas Jefferson's point that we have natural rights. I mean if we lived in the forest with no government just as individual people we would have natural rights. We are all born with the ability to do whatever we want but for society to work we have to control and restrict most of these rights. The Natural rights the DoI is talking about is the most rights we can possibly have without total anarchy.


So in other words, you think of "natural rights" as being those things that we are physically capable of doing?

That's not what they meant in the declaration of independence. When jefferson wrote spoke of natural rights, he meant freedoms that we have that cannot morally be taken away. He was talking about a sort of cosmic moral law, not a factual matter of what we physically can or can not do.

Quote:

Because who else do you think is going to be the President of the World?


I don't think a unitary executive is a good idea.
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1548
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
If you know someone is telling you what you want to hear, and you know that they are a liar, then you know that you think their *real* policies are stupid.


What if you didn't know. If it had a surprise creamy-shit center?

Point is, we haven't had a good record of voting for the right person. It is time to mix it up, live a little. You know, do something rebellious and crazy. Vote Ron Paul!

Just pretend he is George McGovern and see if it is possible to go back in time.
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Add to My Yahoo!

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites