Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
rice with human genes

Home // Liberal Corner


Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Some Chick
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 136
Location: EARTH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
Realistically if we create plant matter that is capable of outsmarting us, then we don't deserve to be top of the food chain anyways.


Haha. I agree.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
exton wrote:
Horror movies are notable for being obscenely inaccurate.

Do you actually have any scenarios in mind wherein this could lead to bad things?


no but the thought of consuming food laced with human genes seems to open a can of worms with potential unimaginable consequences.

i don't know maybe like eating the shit while pregnant and having your baby come out with extra appendages or something, or being born with some other genetic defect.


What you eat does not affect your genes, otherwise pregnant vegetarians would have green babies.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:

no but the thought of consuming food laced with human genes seems to open a can of worms with potential unimaginable consequences.


that's an irrational fear on your part.

Quote:

i don't know maybe like eating the shit while pregnant and having your baby come out with extra appendages or something, or being born with some other genetic defect.


No. That's not how genetic inheritance works. You can't absorb the DNA from the food that you eat.

You know what you SHOULD be afraid of?

Cats. And their poop.
Cats are carriers of a mind-controlling parasite. Handling their feces can get you infected.
No joke.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anym wrote:
Dick Cheney is a pod person!


I don't think we should make fun of him for his disabbility. Being a pod person is very traumatic, i hear.
Back to top
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 2562
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Anym wrote:
Dick Cheney is a pod person!


I don't think we should make fun of him for his disabbility. Being a pod person is very traumatic, i hear.


Fine I'll stop making fun of him for being a pod person and go back to gay daughter jokes.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2222

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:

no but the thought of consuming food laced with human genes seems to open a can of worms with potential unimaginable consequences.


that's an irrational fear on your part.

Quote:

i don't know maybe like eating the shit while pregnant and having your baby come out with extra appendages or something, or being born with some other genetic defect.


No. That's not how genetic inheritance works. You can't absorb the DNA from the food that you eat.

You know what you SHOULD be afraid of?

Cats. And their poop.
Cats are carriers of a mind-controlling parasite. Handling their feces can get you infected.
No joke.


okay what i said about what could happen was not meant to be taken seriously.

consuming human gene rice does not sound good and i am not a scientist so i have no idea about how bad it could be.

thanks for the cat advice...i was just about to adopt the cutest little kitten but you ruined that for me...haha
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Obviously it will have been lab-tested and made safe for human consumption.
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberal Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo!

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites