Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Public School = Monopoly

Home // Government Watch



Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 2020
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And you are saying that if education was privatized then the CEO of "Education Inc." would be sitting on an old rain barrel because he would, of course, put all the money into "the childrens".

Can you prove there is MORE instances of waste in the education racket then in privatized education? There are more instances of sexual abuse in private education ... so you would rather kids be sexually molested but have more things?
Back to top
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fellfire wrote:
There are more instances of sexual abuse in private education ... so you would rather kids be sexually molested but have more things?


And to tack another question on to that:

You feel that the government educates its citizens simply to have them put more money into the government. Do you think that corporations would educate them for some other purpose besides money?
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fellfire wrote:
And you are saying that if education was privatized then the CEO of "Education Inc." would be sitting on an old rain barrel because he would, of course, put all the money into "the childrens".

Can you prove there is MORE instances of waste in the education racket then in privatized education? There are more instances of sexual abuse in private education ... so you would rather kids be sexually molested but have more things?

Im sure that there are just as much sexual abuse if not more in the public schools.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
fellfire wrote:
And you are saying that if education was privatized then the CEO of "Education Inc." would be sitting on an old rain barrel because he would, of course, put all the money into "the childrens".

Can you prove there is MORE instances of waste in the education racket then in privatized education? There are more instances of sexual abuse in private education ... so you would rather kids be sexually molested but have more things?

Im sure that there are just as much sexual abuse if not more in the public schools.


I disagree, public school teachers get paid less than private school teachers(in your country I believe?), therefore the ratio of concern for students versus concern fro themselves is higher for public school teachers than private school teachers no?
Back to top
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 2020
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
fellfire wrote:
And you are saying that if education was privatized then the CEO of "Education Inc." would be sitting on an old rain barrel because he would, of course, put all the money into "the childrens".

Can you prove there is MORE instances of waste in the education racket then in privatized education? There are more instances of sexual abuse in private education ... so you would rather kids be sexually molested but have more things?

Im sure that there are just as much sexual abuse if not more in the public schools.


Yeah, you claim assurity on a lot of things but never provide anything to back it up.
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
fellfire wrote:
Turk wrote:
fellfire wrote:
And you are saying that if education was privatized then the CEO of "Education Inc." would be sitting on an old rain barrel because he would, of course, put all the money into "the childrens".

Can you prove there is MORE instances of waste in the education racket then in privatized education? There are more instances of sexual abuse in private education ... so you would rather kids be sexually molested but have more things?

Im sure that there are just as much sexual abuse if not more in the public schools.


Yeah, you claim assurity on a lot of things but never provide anything to back it up.
Why dont you back up your bogus claim?
Back to top
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol. Wow.
Back to top
Cookie Parker
Newbie


Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Posts: 22
Location: Anderson, IN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
The public school monopoly is a racket.
Just like war for profit
its a racket


If by monopoly you mean having standards apply all over the nation, then I think monopolies are great in education.

If by monopoly you mean the rich are getting richer getting your tax dollars to train children how to behave without thinking, then I think it's a bad idea.
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cookie Parker wrote:
Turk wrote:
The public school monopoly is a racket.
Just like war for profit
its a racket


If by monopoly you mean having standards apply all over the nation, then I think monopolies are great in education.

If by monopoly you mean the rich are getting richer getting your tax dollars to train children how to behave without thinking, then I think it's a bad idea.
Administration gets most of that money.
Childrens education is secondary to their rackets
Back to top
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's bullshit. My mother works for the local public schools. There are some VERY good people running those schools. Not just good as in being good for the school, but they are good people at heart. Take your uninformed blanket statements elsewhere.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
One event does not a universal rule make.
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Government Watch All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics
Politics blogs Politics blogs Article Directory Political Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Top Blog Sites