Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Personal Lives and Lifestyle

chevydriver1123
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Personal Lives and Lifestyle Reply with quote
I dont know about you guys but I am sick of both sides trying to dictate my way to live. Im sick of Liberals saying I cant watch this or play that because its too violent and might turn me into a killer. Im sick of Conservatives saying I should except Christ as the only lord and savior, that Chrisitanity is the only way to live, shoving Bibles down my throat, asking me for a green card because my last name is hispanic but I only speak English and tell me that I am a terrorist/heathen because I support gay rights, and support screening of everyone at the airports.

discuss
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal Lives and Lifestyle Reply with quote
Quote:
I dont know about you guys but I am sick of both sides trying to dictate my way to live. Im sick of Liberals saying I cant watch this or play that because its too violent and might turn me into a killer.

examples??

Quote:
Im sick of Conservatives saying I should except Christ as the only lord and savior, that Chrisitanity is the only way to live, shoving Bibles down my throat,

yes I know. I am always meeting those gun toting christians who threaten to behead me if I dont read their bible. pitiful. the other day, the mayor of my town (christian, mind you) tied a rope around the neck of three athiest girls and hoisted them into the air. their bodies swung in the air while they screamed pitifully for mercy. he chuckled maliciously all the while crying out "death to the infidels" several christian preachers shot off their AK-47s while the crowd thundered its approval. its getting so I dont even dare step out anymore. they patrol the streets of my town with pistols. they walk up to someone........they shove the king james version in their face. they say.....accept this or die. my uncle refused to accept and he got shot. i cried all night long. what town do you live in? alas. christians are running amok. I heard that a town in South Dakota is trying to make a nuclear bomb so they can blow up the capital. what is this all coming to. head for the hills!!!
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The king james version? Damn, you and your commie little town better stay away from my place, we'll be breathing down your neck.

On a less sarcastic note, isn't the whole point of politics to tell you how to live?
chevydriver1123
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal Lives and Lifestyle Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:
Quote:
I dont know about you guys but I am sick of both sides trying to dictate my way to live. Im sick of Liberals saying I cant watch this or play that because its too violent and might turn me into a killer.

examples??

Quote:
Im sick of Conservatives saying I should except Christ as the only lord and savior, that Chrisitanity is the only way to live, shoving Bibles down my throat,

yes I know. I am always meeting those gun toting christians who threaten to behead me if I dont read their bible. pitiful. the other day, the mayor of my town (christian, mind you) tied a rope around the neck of three athiest girls and hoisted them into the air. their bodies swung in the air while they screamed pitifully for mercy. he chuckled maliciously all the while crying out "death to the infidels" several christian preachers shot off their AK-47s while the crowd thundered its approval. its getting so I dont even dare step out anymore. they patrol the streets of my town with pistols. they walk up to someone........they shove the king james version in their face. they say.....accept this or die. my uncle refused to accept and he got shot. i cried all night long. what town do you live in? alas. christians are running amok. I heard that a town in South Dakota is trying to make a nuclear bomb so they can blow up the capital. what is this all coming to. head for the hills!!!

I live in Newburgh NY, those right wing christians wouldnt be tolerated and wouldnt last long around here
mulch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal Lives and Lifestyle Reply with quote
chevydriver1123 wrote:
I dont know about you guys but I am sick of both sides trying to dictate my way to live. Im sick of Liberals saying I cant watch this or play that because its too violent and might turn me into a killer. Im sick of Conservatives saying I should except Christ as the only lord and savior, that Chrisitanity is the only way to live, shoving Bibles down my throat, asking me for a green card because my last name is hispanic but I only speak English and tell me that I am a terrorist/heathen because I support gay rights, and support screening of everyone at the airports.

discuss

Not all consertives are christian. I am a consertive and not a christian. I am catholic.

Please keep the generalization to your self in the future.
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal Lives and Lifestyle Reply with quote
chevydriver1123 wrote:

discuss

While it isn't good to generalize, you do have a point. I take snipes at both sides and consider myself a libertarian. Both sides in this country have screwed up. But I really go after the religious right because I felt they have done the most damage. They feel it is their right to legislate morality onto the rest of us. They think people like me are collapsing America... Rolling Eyes
chevydriver1123
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal Lives and Lifestyle Reply with quote
mulch wrote:
chevydriver1123 wrote:

discuss

Not all consertives are christian. I am a consertive and not a christian. I am catholic.

Well Im Catholic too but we arent any better
Amin
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
"asking me for a green card because my last name is hispanic"

hahaha come down here to texas if you want to feel better

hispanics outnumber whites in alot of areas down here now
Nesta13Maldini
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Amin wrote:

So true! =]]
chevydriver1123
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Amin wrote:

please ill be shot down there
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Personal Lives and Lifestyle Reply with quote
chevydriver1123 wrote:

The only person saying that is hillary clinton, and everyone knows that she's full of shit, and will never be able to censor video games.

(Well, okay, there are conservatives who want to censor television, but they hate the sexuality on tv, not violence)
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Personal Lives and Lifestyle Reply with quote
mulch wrote:

It may come as a surprise to you, but catholicism is a form of christianity.

The only people who say "catholics aren't christians!" are actually extremist protestants.
Rochester

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal Lives and Lifestyle Reply with quote
exton wrote:

The only person saying that is hillary clinton, and everyone knows that she's full of shit, and will never be able to censor video games.

Don't forget good old Leiberman and his bullshit
chevydriver1123
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal Lives and Lifestyle Reply with quote
exton wrote:
chevydriver1123 wrote:

(Well, okay, there are conservatives who want to censor television, but they hate the sexuality on tv, not violence)

Thats really the only reason why I dont support Hillary. She panders to all the stupid family groups that refuse to take responsibilty for their children's actions.
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, censorship should be something American liberals stand against. If anything, I would think seeing actual wars being accepted arouind you would do more to convince you killing people was okay than playing GTA or Gears of War.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1