Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Your Ad Here

pentagon NOT hit by plane
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conspiracies and Theories
Author Message
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
Please do not use Wiki for your misguided info about Che. What I like most about him is that he fought against the corporations who were enslaving the people of S.America. Those same corporations that now currently enslave us.

Which corporations own slaves? We should really do something about that! Rolling Eyes


Read "Confessions of An Economic Hitman". You could start with ITT, Dole Banana, Verizon, and take you pick of oil company.
Back to top
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 524
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
TrespassersW wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
Please do not use Wiki for your misguided info about Che. What I like most about him is that he fought against the corporations who were enslaving the people of S.America. Those same corporations that now currently enslave us.

Which corporations own slaves? We should really do something about that! Rolling Eyes

Read "Confessions of An Economic Hitman". You could start with ITT, Dole Banana, Verizon, and take you pick of oil company.

Seriously... these companies actually owned SLAVES? Really????
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
TrespassersW wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
Please do not use Wiki for your misguided info about Che. What I like most about him is that he fought against the corporations who were enslaving the people of S.America. Those same corporations that now currently enslave us.

Which corporations own slaves? We should really do something about that! Rolling Eyes

Read "Confessions of An Economic Hitman". You could start with ITT, Dole Banana, Verizon, and take you pick of oil company.

Seriously... these companies actually owned SLAVES? Really????


No, they pay them. About 28 cents a day.
Back to top
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 524
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
TrespassersW wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
TrespassersW wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
Please do not use Wiki for your misguided info about Che. What I like most about him is that he fought against the corporations who were enslaving the people of S.America. Those same corporations that now currently enslave us.

Which corporations own slaves? We should really do something about that! Rolling Eyes

Read "Confessions of An Economic Hitman". You could start with ITT, Dole Banana, Verizon, and take you pick of oil company.

Seriously... these companies actually owned SLAVES? Really????

No, they pay them. About 28 cents a day.

Ah, then they don't enslave them. That's an important point to clarify, I think.

Now, can you point me to a source for your $0.28 a day figure? Also, can you tell me how far $0.28 a day goes in their economy; because I honestly don't know, but I do know that it doesn't make sense to think of it as though you or I were making $0.28 a day in this economy. $0.28 a day sure sounds like a small amount of money given what we're used to, but it may well constitute a significant sum of money to someone lacking other sources of income and living in an economy where a few cents buys the staple goods needed to get by.
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
TrespassersW wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
TrespassersW wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
Please do not use Wiki for your misguided info about Che. What I like most about him is that he fought against the corporations who were enslaving the people of S.America. Those same corporations that now currently enslave us.

Which corporations own slaves? We should really do something about that! Rolling Eyes

Read "Confessions of An Economic Hitman". You could start with ITT, Dole Banana, Verizon, and take you pick of oil company.

Seriously... these companies actually owned SLAVES? Really????

No, they pay them. About 28 cents a day.

Ah, then they don't enslave them. That's an important point to clarify, I think.

Now, can you point me to a source for your $0.28 a day figure? Also, can you tell me how far $0.28 a day goes in their economy; because I honestly don't know, but I do know that it doesn't make sense to think of it as though you or I were making $0.28 a day in this economy. $0.28 a day sure sounds like a small amount of money given what we're used to, but it may well constitute a significant sum of money to someone lacking other sources of income and living in an economy where a few cents buys the staple goods needed to get by.


28 cents is just a number that I pulled out of nowhere. It could be higher, it could be lower or it could be for nothing. What I am talking about is reports of forced labor in Guatemala by Dole. The story just came out recently where Dole was found to be funneling $ to right wing terrorists.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/bu.....9444.story
Back to top
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 524
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
28 cents is just a number that I pulled out of nowhere. It could be higher, it could be lower or it could be for nothing.

And you think that simply making things up adds something to the debate?

Xerxes wrote:
What I am talking about is reports of forced labor in Guatemala by Dole.

Can you cite such a report, so I know you aren't just pulling that factoid out of nowhere too? Wink

Xerxes wrote:
The story just came out recently where Dole was found to be funneling $ to right wing terrorists.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/bu.....9444.story

That link returns a "page not found" error, but lets assume that Dole was funneling money to someone, anyone... what does that have to do with your charge that they are forcing people to work for them. That's the claim for which you need to offer support.
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
And you think that simply making things up adds something to the debate?


Sorry, that was more sarcasm than anything. That is actually pretty damn good money there.
Crying or Very sad

TrespassersW wrote:
Can you cite such a report, so I know you aren't just pulling that factoid out of nowhere too? Wink


http://www.nlcnet.org/article.php?id=208

http://www.democracynow.org/ar.....13/1335259

And my personal favorite:
http://www.laborrights.org/pro.....index.html


TrespassersW wrote:
That link returns a "page not found" error, but lets assume that Dole was funneling money to someone, anyone... what does that have to do with your charge that they are forcing people to work for them. That's the claim for which you need to offer support.


I just clicked on the link that I sent you and it brought me right to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel article:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/bu.....9444.story
Back to top
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 524
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
http://www.nlcnet.org/article.php?id=208

http://www.democracynow.org/ar.....13/1335259

And my personal favorite:
http://www.laborrights.org/pro.....index.html

The first link returns a blank page.

The second references poor working conditions and the employment of children (13 and older), but nowhere mentions forced labor.

I see no mention of Dole in your last link. So far, you don't seem to be able to offer any substantiation for your claims.

As to the cases mentioned at your last link; those directly responsible for forced labor should be tried and convicted, but unless it can be shown that the company buying the produce/raw materials knew the source was employing forced labor, I don't see how they can be held accountable any more than you can be held to account for buying sneakers made in a Chinese prison, if you didn't know where and how they were made.
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
http://www.nlcnet.org/article.php?id=208

http://www.democracynow.org/ar.....13/1335259

And my personal favorite:
http://www.laborrights.org/pro.....index.html

The first link returns a blank page.

The second references poor working conditions and the employment of children (13 and older), but nowhere mentions forced labor.

I see no mention of Dole in your last link. So far, you don't seem to be able to offer any substantiation for your claims.

As to the cases mentioned at your last link; those directly responsible for forced labor should be tried and convicted, but unless it can be shown that the company buying the produce/raw materials knew the source was employing forced labor, I don't see how they can be held accountable any more than you can be held to account for buying sneakers made in a Chinese prison, if you didn't know where and how they were made.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:

No, they pay them. About 28 cents a day.[/b]


In which case they're not slaves. They're wage slaves.

There's a subtle but important difference.

And even then, is this in america? That's a pittance to be sure, but the actual level of evilness of paying someone so little depends on the cost of living in their country.
Back to top
SteelCityConservative
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 405
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
SteelCityConservative wrote:
Again I ask what unit you served in? Or do you just say you served in the Army to make people think you know what the fuck you are talking about, and not just the dirty little hippie you really.


And again I will say, READ MY POSTS. I typed it all out for your buddy steely, before he broke camp. I will not type it all out again as a result of your failure to follow simple direction. Did you hear me this time? Pay attention, Jr.


I am Steely, Grandpa.
Back to top
SteelCityConservative
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 405
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
SteelCityConservative wrote:
Again I ask what unit you served in? Or do you just say you served in the Army to make people think you know what the fuck you are talking about, and not just the dirty little hippie you really.


And again I will say, READ MY POSTS. I typed it all out for your buddy steely, before he broke camp. I will not type it all out again as a result of your failure to follow simple direction. Did you hear me this time? Pay attention, Jr.


I am Steely, I think, and you never wrote me your Unit. But thanks for doing so, and thank you for serving our country, especially under the Great Ronald Reagan and George the 1st. Too bad you turned out so wacky with the whole conspiracy thing and the idolizing a mass murderer like Che. So is Cuba better off thanks to Che and Fidel?
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SteelCityConservative wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
SteelCityConservative wrote:
Again I ask what unit you served in? Or do you just say you served in the Army to make people think you know what the fuck you are talking about, and not just the dirty little hippie you really.


And again I will say, READ MY POSTS. I typed it all out for your buddy steely, before he broke camp. I will not type it all out again as a result of your failure to follow simple direction. Did you hear me this time? Pay attention, Jr.


I am Steely, I think, and you never wrote me your Unit. But thanks for doing so, and thank you for serving our country, especially under the Great Ronald Reagan and George the 1st. Too bad you turned out so wacky with the whole conspiracy thing and the idolizing a mass murderer like Che. So is Cuba better off thanks to Che and Fidel?


No, Cuba has been in a stranglehold due to sanction by the US. The only thing they did not want to happen was for the US to horn in on their industries and sugar manufacturing. So they did the natural thing....they nationalized everything. I am no great fan of Castro. HE was the butcher and the tyrant. Bear in mind that Guevara was gone from Cuba by 61'. He turned his back on Che. Guevara did not like him and vice versa. So, what happens when Castro finally kicks the bucket? Does the US resume the organized rape of Cuba?
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 3796

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SteelCityConservative wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
SteelCityConservative wrote:
Again I ask what unit you served in? Or do you just say you served in the Army to make people think you know what the fuck you are talking about, and not just the dirty little hippie you really.


And again I will say, READ MY POSTS. I typed it all out for your buddy steely, before he broke camp. I will not type it all out again as a result of your failure to follow simple direction. Did you hear me this time? Pay attention, Jr.


I am Steely, I think, and you never wrote me your Unit. But thanks for doing so, and thank you for serving our country, especially under the Great Ronald Reagan and George the 1st. Too bad you turned out so wacky with the whole conspiracy thing and the idolizing a mass murderer like Che. So is Cuba better off thanks to Che and Fidel?


Come on, Fidel is pretty darn cool, he's a fashionista.

P.S. Reply to my posts goddamn you.
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
SteelCityConservative wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
SteelCityConservative wrote:
Again I ask what unit you served in? Or do you just say you served in the Army to make people think you know what the fuck you are talking about, and not just the dirty little hippie you really.


And again I will say, READ MY POSTS. I typed it all out for your buddy steely, before he broke camp. I will not type it all out again as a result of your failure to follow simple direction. Did you hear me this time? Pay attention, Jr.


I am Steely, I think, and you never wrote me your Unit. But thanks for doing so, and thank you for serving our country, especially under the Great Ronald Reagan and George the 1st. Too bad you turned out so wacky with the whole conspiracy thing and the idolizing a mass murderer like Che. So is Cuba better off thanks to Che and Fidel?


Come on, Fidel is pretty darn cool, he's a fashionista.

P.S. Reply to my posts goddamn you.


Fidel was no Che. Che got his medical degree while on the road and fighting.
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conspiracies and Theories All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics