Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Pat Robertson......Does he really believe there is a God?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Pat Robertson......Does he really believe there is a God? Reply with quote
I say that he does not believe that there will even be the "Judgement Day" that Christians believe will come. Otherwise, he would not partake in activities such as this story that people here may or may not be aware of:
http://www.skeptictank.org/robem2.htm
thelast007
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
political/non for profit/religious groups are often fishy with the money.

the thing that also disturbed me in the story was the president that ran off with billions. Evil or Very Mad

why the hell do African leaders so commonly rape the country of its money? Evil or Very Mad

i have a friend from Cameroon and the minister of treasury ran off with 7 billion. Evil or Very Mad

what the hell?
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thelast007 wrote:

the thing that also disturbed me in the story was the president that ran off with billions. Evil or Very Mad

why the hell do African leaders so commonly rape the country of its money? Evil or Very Mad

i have a friend from Cameroon and the minister of treasury ran off with 7 billion. Evil or Very Mad

what the hell?

People often underestimate Pat. He is way more sinister than people give him credit for. Not just a crazy old man.

You're right about African leaders. I guess the lure of money is more attractive to them than the welfare and properity of their own people. If their is one place that needs the full attention of the rest of the world, it is Africa. It has been completely ignored, and exploited for it's natural resources.
fellfire
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
thelast007 wrote:

what the hell?

You're right about African leaders. I guess the lure of money is more attractive to them than the welfare and properity of their own people. If their is one place that needs the full attention of the rest of the world, it is Africa. It has been completely ignored, and exploited for it's natural resources.

It raises the question in my mind: "why should the world pay attention to Africa, if Africa won't pay attention to itself?"
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Africa was completely pimped out by both the English and the Boers alike. Africa was doing just fine before they showed up.
fellfire
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
Africa was completely pimped out by both the English and the Boers alike. Africa was doing just fine before they showed up.

Alright, no argument there. But how long do they get to hang on that crutch and blame their history for the current corruption and evil behavior africans mete out to other africans? I suppose it's just the times we live in when people are so ready to cry "but, I'm a victim!!" for every evil and sadistic act they do.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
As things are, africa is a hellhole, on the whole. They're not capable of picking themselves up in a short amount of time.

We can expedite the process. And so we should.
thelast007
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
As things are, africa is a hellhole, on the whole. They're not capable of picking themselves up in a short amount of time.

I totally agree with you.

But I fear that no matter what America does it might be a situation in which "you can't be right for wrong" or "you can't win for losing".

I fear we'd step in and give tons and tons of money and then manipulators would say America is trying to steal the region, its resources, change the traditions & tons of other stuff. Everything and anything done by the U.S. will be criticized.

I could then see some saying just because the U.S. is funding the help does not mean you can decide this and that for Africa.

And the same people who couldn't get anything accomplished for years and years would all of a sudden somehow know exactly what needs to be done and want to take over what was being done.

And then Africa will go to shit again.

It will take a strong strong leader with a strong arm to turn Africa around.

My friend is from a small village in Cameroon. He came to America when he was 19. I asked him flat out, "What the hell is wrong with Africa? They have all the resources a continent could ask for and they are the poorest continent."

He explained to me that the leaders and governments in African countries are just too darn greedy.

America would have to have about 100 covert operations to eliminate tons of guerilla leaders and corrupt governments.

Most countries have no freedom of press so they only know what the government wants them to know. They'd probably even attempt to fight against America because of the lies told to them by their government.

It would be a huge huge task.

I say this as a joke but...
Maybe we see should start with rebuilding Louisiana with Ray Nagen as Mayor and see how that works first. And combine that with the lessons of nation building in Iraq. If we pass those test we will be ready for Africa.

Last edited by thelast007 on Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:02 am; edited 5 times in total
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thelast007 wrote:
exton wrote:

I totally agree with you.

But I fear that no matter what America does it might be a situation in which "you can't be right for wrong" or "you can't win for losing".

I fear we'd step in and give tons and tons of money and then manipulators would say America is trying to steal the country, its resources, change the traditions & tons of other stuff. Everything and anything done by the U.S. will be criticized.

I could then see some saying just because the U.S. is funding the help does not mean you can decide this and that for Africa.

And the same people who couldn't get anything accomplished for years and years would all of a sudden somehow know exactly what needs to be done and want to take over what was being done.

And then Africa will go to shit again.

It will take a strong strong leader with a strong arm to do it.

My friend is from a small village Cameroon. He come to America when he was 19. I asked him flat out, "What the hell is wrong with Africa? They have all the resources a continent could ask for and they are the poorest continent."

He explained to me that the leaders and governments in African countries are just too darn greedy.

America would have to have about 100 covert operations to eliminate tons of guerilla leaders and corrupt governments.

Most countries have no freedom of press so they only know what the government wants them to know. They'd probably even attempt to fight against America because of the lies told to them by their government.

It would be a huge huge task.

I say this as a joke but...
Maybe we see should start with rebuilding Louisiana with Ray Nagen as Mayor and see how that works first. And combine that with the lessons of nation building in Iraq. If we pass those test we will be reay for Africa.

thelast007 wrote:
rebuilding Louisiana

Amen
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to LVC fellfire!!
fellfire
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
Welcome to LVC fellfire!!

Thank you. Happy to be here. Smile
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thelast007 wrote:

My friend is from a small village in Cameroon. He came to America when he was 19. I asked him flat out, "What the hell is wrong with Africa? They have all the resources a continent could ask for and they are the poorest continent."

That's not what i was thinking.

I was talking more in terms of cutting the development period down to one century from, say, three. We won't accomplish much by forcing things, and military escalation is, for the most part, out of the question.
thelast007
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
thelast007 wrote:

That's not what i was thinking.

I was talking more in terms of cutting the development period down to one century from, say, three. We won't accomplish much by forcing things, and military escalation is, for the most part, out of the question.

That is a good concept. realistic too.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
When is military escalation not out of the question?
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
When violence erupts. A violent conflict is the proper place to use military force - that's what military force is for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Atheism Versus Religion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4