Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Obama's first TV spot (video)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Obama's first TV spot (video) Reply with quote
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2a2c269635

Whatcha think..
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i can't stand hillary and i don't like kerry. i would love to have al gore as my president first and foremost. obama would be my second choice. he is a great speaker and seems have a great perspective on things, but i do not for one second believe that he will be able to win. our country may be ready for a woman president but we are in no way ready to have a blakc president. this is sad but i believe it to be true. i live in cleveland ohio, the most liberal and civilized part of ohio, and the racism here is out of control. i can not imagine what it is like in other midwestern and southern areas.
Tesla

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
But you have to take chances, If he loses he loses, it's better than electing a bad dem president, and ruin it for all other dems. I wouldent want to be in my death bed thinking "what if Obama ran in '08?"
Mike
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tesla wrote:
But you have to take chances, If he loses he loses, it's better than electing a bad dem president, and ruin it for all other dems. I wouldent want to be in my death bed thinking "what if Obama ran in '08?"

Actually, this is very similar to problems occuring on the Republican side as well. Our entire party is split between McCain supporters and Romney supporters and Giuliani supporters, etc. I'm not sure if this is the sentiment on the left, but on the right, the feeling is that a moderate candidate may rack in more votes, but at the cost of traditional Republican values.
DraftObama.org

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Obama's Chances Reply with quote
Obama is a populist, a rare public servant whose message would clearly resonate with independent voters. He is essentially the modern-day Robert Kennedy.

For whoever assumes that his race would prevent him from winning the general election, I would suggest for you to do a little more political research. As I learned in my Women and Political Behavior class, sexism is much more widespread than racism. Hillary would have a much tougher time as a woman than Obama would as an African-American. If Ford could come within three percentage points of Corker in Tennessee, even with a gay marriage amendment on the ballot, it should be expected that race would not be a key determinant factor nationwide.
thedaltonius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
can someone just tell me why this guy is getting so much attention?
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Obama's first TV spot (video) Reply with quote
I still dont know his position on:

1. tax reform
2. social security and medicare reform
3. education
4. iran

ok........lots of pious platitudes but is there any real ideas to this guy?
bmcg63

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

1. tax reform
3. education
4. iran

cornopean - are you under the impression that a candidate's position on any particular issue actually matters?

Positions, viewpoints, histories - these are not what make a viable candidate or a good president. The fiber, the core, the attitude. These are what matter. Now you will say you don't know these about him either. Ahh, but some of us do.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mike wrote:

Actually, this is very similar to problems occuring on the Republican side as well. Our entire party is split between McCain supporters and Romney supporters and Giuliani supporters, etc. I'm not sure if this is the sentiment on the left, but on the right, the feeling is that a moderate candidate may rack in more votes, but at the cost of traditional Republican values.

Pssst....don't support romney.

(Massachusetts resident here)
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Mike wrote:

agreed. being republican governor of massachusetts doesn't teach you anything about government except how to fight with the legislature for 4 years. of course, if the 2008 congress, like the massachusetts state legislature, is 90% democratic, romney may indeed be the choice. but if you need something done..... meh.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll wrote:

agreed. being republican governor of massachusetts doesn't teach you anything about government except how to fight with the legislature for 4 years. of course, if the 2008 congress, like the massachusetts state legislature, is 90% democratic, romney may indeed be the choice. but if you need something done..... meh.

Well it's just that he's a spineless, flip-flopping little bitch.

Or, to put it in more rational terms: he doesn't seem to have any actual style of governance, he just panders to whomever he needs to in order to get elected.

Have a look at his campaign for senate in 1994, and compare it to his rhetoric now. They're polar opposites.
DraftObama.org

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama's first TV spot (video) Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:

1. tax reform
3. education
4. iran

These kinds of "concerned" voters annoy the hell out of me. If you don't know a politician's position on a specific issue, what do you think you should do? Think about it for a minute.
Mike
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Mike wrote:

No worries there, lol. Actually, I support Gingrich, even though he's too Conservative for today's Republican party.
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't really know as much as I'd like to about the 2008 republican hopefuls, who do you all think is electable and what are they standing for?
Tesla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Obama's first TV spot (video) Reply with quote
DraftObama.org wrote:

These kinds of "concerned" voters annoy the hell out of me. If you don't know a politician's position on a specific issue, what do you think you should do? Think about it for a minute.

Not vote for him? Like I wouldent vote for a president that was pro-hitting me with bricks.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2