Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Obama is the real hypocrite

Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives

cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Obama is the real hypocrite Reply with quote
These are Obama remarks in his speech at the Democratic National Convention.
"It's not because John McCain doesn't care. It's because John McCain doesn't get it." Obama faulted McCain for his cruel and insensitive philosophy, which he defined this way: "Out of work? Tough luck. No health care. The market will fix it. Born into poverty? Pull yourself up by your boot straps, even if you don't have boots. You're on your own."
He went on to say that his favorite verse from the Bible was where Jesus says: whatever you do to the least of my brethren, that you do unto me.

But here is reality

Barack Obama's youngest half brother has been living in a shanty town on the outskirts of Nairobi, Kenya, the Italian edition of Vanity Fair reports.

"No-one knows who I am," George Hussein Onyango Obama, 26, told the magazine. "I live here on less than a dollar a month."

George's shack – which measures only 6 feet by 10 feet – features football posters and a photograph of the Democratic presidential hopeful from a newspaper.

"I live like a recluse, no-one knows I exist," said George, who has the same father as the Illinois senator.

"If anyone says something about my surname, I say we are not related," he added. "I am ashamed," he said of the way he lives

http://www.usmagazine.com/news.....t-in-kenya

hypocrisy??!
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITI.....a.brother/

Quote:
But reports surfaced in the past few days, springing from an Italian Vanity Fair article saying George Obama is living in a shack and "earning less than a dollar a day."

The reports left him angry.

"I was brought up well. I live well even now," he said. "The magazines, they have exaggerated everything.

"I think I kind of like it here. There are some challenges, but maybe it is just like where you come from, there are the same challenges," Obama said.
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the article you referenced doesn't refute the fact that his brother is living on $1 a day. It just makes the broad claim that Vanity Fair exaggerated. It also says that Obama's brother is quite happy to be where he is. I don't see but that the point remains....
Timetheos
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:
the article you referenced doesn't refute the fact that his brother is living on $1 a day. It just makes the broad claim that Vanity Fair exaggerated. It also says that Obama's brother is quite happy to be where he is. I don't see but that the point remains....

I would suggest you read Obama's book "Dreams from My Father" before you critique him on this issue.
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:

I'm glad he didn't give any money to his half-brother (who doesn't want it anyway). I can just imagine that kind of anti-American rhetoric we'd here about Obama if he had. Giving money to an African while there are millions of people in poverty here? How terrible.
chevydriver1123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:

I'm glad he didn't give any money to his half-brother (who doesn't want it anyway). I can just imagine that kind of anti-American rhetoric we'd here about Obama if he had. Giving money to an African while there are millions of people in poverty here? How terrible.

QFT
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
cornopean wrote:

There are very few people actually living in poverty here in the US. The annual poverty figures are a joke. I am technically living in poverty right now and I have two computers, thousands of books, hot wife, good food, new house, DVD player, three kids,... it's a great life folks. I am sure 90% of the world's poor would be delighted to be "in poverty" in the US.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1