Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
New Jersey To Allow Same-Sex Civil Unions

Home // Liberal Corner

Goto page 1, 2  Next

JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: New Jersey To Allow Same-Sex Civil Unions Reply with quote
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7005931492

"New Jersey Governor Jon S. Corzine signed into law a bill that legally recognizes same-sex civil unions. The bill was passed by the New Jersey legislature last week in response to a October ruling from the New Jersey Supreme Court that same-sex couple must be given equal rights. "

I may live in the "armpit of America", but at least we believe in equality for all...
Oolon Colluphid
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, I'm originally from Jersey too. Still have an aunt that lives in Old Bridge....

Anyways, go Jersey! Maybe the rest of the country will wake up soon.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, it's not quite equality. Separate but equal...and all that.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
good for new jersey! fuck the evangelical takeover of our country. but i am surprised there was no constitutional ban passed after the gay governor incident.
Spider Jerusalem
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good for them. It's about time someone realized no harm can come from promoting healthy, monogamus, relationships. Republicans have lost thier greatest weapon.

Common sense.
Mike
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spider Jerusalem wrote:
Good for them. It's about time someone realized no harm can come from promoting healthy, monogamus, relationships. Republicans have lost thier greatest weapon.

Common sense.

I support civil unions, I jsut don't want the state telling churches to marry same-sex couples, and I don't want the government to administer religious titles like "marriage".
chevydriver1123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mike wrote:
Spider Jerusalem wrote:

Common sense.

I support civil unions, I jsut don't want the state telling churches to marry same-sex couples, and I don't want the government to administer religious titles like "marriage".

I think that used to be one of the arugments against it. Some how these evangelical nut jobs thought the government was going to force churches to marry them.
chevydriver1123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: New Jersey To Allow Same-Sex Civil Unions Reply with quote
JesusLopezViejo wrote:
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7005931492

"New Jersey Governor Jon S. Corzine signed into law a bill that legally recognizes same-sex civil unions. The bill was passed by the New Jersey legislature last week in response to a October ruling from the New Jersey Supreme Court that same-sex couple must be given equal rights. "

I may live in the "armpit of America", but at least we believe in equality for all...

Hey us in New York arent liked to much either by the rest of the country. The right enjoyes demonizing us New Yorkers along with New England that we are nothing but a bunch of rich elitiests. I guess when you make $18,000 a year that makes you elite and rich. Go figure
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spider Jerusalem wrote:

Common sense.

nicely stated
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spider Jerusalem wrote:
Republicans have lost thier greatest weapon.

Common sense.

I'll be glad when "common sense" is dead.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mike wrote:

A: marriage is not exclusively religious. You may think of it that way, but other people do not; you therefore cannot use that as reasoning for public policy.

B: Legalizing same sex marriage does not entail forcing churches to marry gay people.
Just Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree, maybe other states will wake up and realize that same sex couples are not a threat to hetero marriages.. that one I never understood.. How can a gay couple who wants to get married screw up a hetero marriage? the only ones who can screw up their marriage is the ones in the marriage. are they scared that hetero couples will start likeing the same sex? evidently the ones who think that same sex couples will distroy hetero marriages must be insecure with their marriage to begin with and inscure about their own sexuality. why else would they feel threatened? Rolling Eyes
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just Me wrote:
I agree, maybe other states will wake up and realize that same sex couples are not a threat to hetero marriages.. that one I never understood.. How can a gay couple who wants to get married screw up a hetero marriage? the only ones who can screw up their marriage is the ones in the marriage. are they scared that hetero couples will start likeing the same sex? evidently the ones who think that same sex couples will distroy hetero marriages must be insecure with their marriage to begin with and inscure about their own sexuality. why else would they feel threatened? Rolling Eyes

hate is powerful. the only reason the gays are being oppressed is because of hate.
JoeysAngyl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mike wrote:

Marriage isn't entirely a religious term, that being said it should be applied to all unions, not just heterosexual unions.

Also, there are many religions especially Christianity that says Jesus loves all his children and what not, so isn't denying them marriage in the church contradicting one of the very things that is supposed to make their religion great?
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was bound to happen, we had a gay governor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberal Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2