Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Military makes AP photographer delete photos.....

Home // Government Watch

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Military makes AP photographer delete photos..... Reply with quote
Here is a Truthout article with a AP link to verify:
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/041607B.shtml
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
we should all know they do it, so this should not come as a shock to anyone.
little lai
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
if these accusations are true it will not be long before the court martials begin.
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
little lai wrote:
if these accusations are true it will not be long before the court martials begin.

Court martials will not begin, even if this did happen. What grounds are there for a court martial? If there is an Afghani law that was broken, then it would be up to the Afghans to put their soldiers on trial and/or request that the US forces turn over US soldiers. That's not going to happen. What part of the Uniform Code of Conduct was breached in this incident? I doubt any.

Now, having said that, it was the wrong thing for the US and Afghan militaries to do. But it was done and by doing this (confiscating/deleting photos) the militaries have practically admitted the events occured as the reporters describe.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fellfire wrote:
[But it was done and by doing this (confiscating/deleting photos) the militaries have practically admitted the events occured as the reporters describe.

this sort of sounds like the reasoning of if you get pulled over and deny the cop permission to search your car, then you must be hiding something.
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
fellfire wrote:
[But it was done and by doing this (confiscating/deleting photos) the militaries have practically admitted the events occured as the reporters describe.

this sort of sounds like the reasoning of if you get pulled over and deny the cop permission to search your car, then you must be hiding something.

But keep in mind, that if the cop has a reasonable concern, he can hold you until a warrent can be obtained to search your car. If a citizen photographed you putting a kilo of weed in your trunk and you grabbed the camera and deleted the photo would a cop have reasonable concern to obtain permission (by asking or warrent) to search your vehicle? (the answer is: Yes)

If this was just reporters/villagers saying that the military did this, then yes, I would agree that my comment would be one of "guilt til proven innocent". But the military literally confiscated equipment and destroyed evidence. If the photos did not show what the reporters claim, then the military shot themselves in the foot by destroying the photos. So one has to question why would they destroy such photos - the reasonable answer is that the photos were incriminating.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fellfire wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
fellfire wrote:

But keep in mind, that if the cop has a reasonable concern, he can hold you until a warrent can be obtained to search your car. If a citizen photographed you putting a kilo of weed in your trunk and you grabbed the camera and deleted the photo would a cop have reasonable concern to obtain permission (by asking or warrent) to search your vehicle? (the answer is: Yes)

If this was just reporters/villagers saying that the military did this, then yes, I would agree that my comment would be one of "guilt til proven innocent". But the military literally confiscated equipment and destroyed evidence. If the photos did not show what the reporters claim, then the military shot themselves in the foot by destroying the photos. So one has to question why would they destroy such photos - the reasonable answer is that the photos were incriminating.

i know and agree with you 100%. i was not in any way trying to say you are wrong, all i am trying to say is that them deleting photos in and of itself should not be considered as an admission of guilt.

i was more or less thinking out loud because that comment reminded me of the cop one.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would make the cop wait to get the warrant, just to stick it to him.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:

me too...i have tried twice to make nice with the cops and they still fucked me anyways.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
Lester wrote:

me too...i have tried twice to make nice with the cops and they still fucked me anyways.

I just think it's funny.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
Lester wrote:

I just think it's funny.

waiting to get a warrant? her if you pull that they lock you until they get one and on the weekends that is no joke.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
Lester wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
Lester wrote:

I just think it's funny.

waiting to get a warrant? her if you pull that they lock you until they get one and on the weekends that is no joke.

Lock you??
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
Lester wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
Lester wrote:

I just think it's funny.

Lock you??

lock you up
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't they need a warrant to lock you up also?
little lai
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
Don't they need a warrant to lock you up also?

i can take this one:

no

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Government Watch All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2