Why does McCain keep screwing up on Iraq? McCain:
  is lying
  is stupid
  has early onset Alzheimer's
View Results
Timetheos
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Liberal Media My Ass Reply with quote
CBS covers up a McCain screw-up

http://www.crooksandliars.com/.....interview/

Quote:
As C&L and many others have reported last night, CBS news had a huge scoop Tuesday night on John McCain, because he falsely claimed that the surge was responsible for the “Sunni Awakening in Anbar.” That is FALSE. The Sunnis changed positions before the surge was ever discussed so—McCain once again makes a major mistake on the one issue his campaign is running on—The Iraq war.

However, CBS probably violated its own rules (Standards and Practice) by altering the video of Katie Couric’s interview with McCain that left out his major blunder on this issue and then broadcast it on our airwaves. CBS should not paste together separate answers from different questions to make it appear like an answer was fluid. It was completely taken out of context.
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
He'll say anything to continue his war. Truth has never been a matter for concern.
joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
He's like the grumpy old Great Grandpa you have to wake up for dinner

"I was up drag-nabbit! I was watchin' the June Allyson show on the television. Leave me alone!!!"

You just need to let him run on and make believe you didn't hear him
Theospeak1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Lying to himself Reply with quote
If I know my Republicans right (and I do) McCain is lying to himself. If you convince yourself that your side is de-facto good, righteous and holy and that the other side is bad, unrighteous and unholy, then it's very easy to gloss over facts, pay half attention, reject out of hand things that don't agree with your wolrdview and to rationalize the shortcomings or wrongdoings of people on your own side of the fence. You'll start straining gnats and swallowing camels. That's what McCain is doing here, swallowing camels (no pun intended).

Heck, I spent 20 years doing the same thing, thinking I was the clearest most astute political thinker in the world.
joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah... but what about the so-called "liberal" media who says basically nothing when these gaffs occur and when Barack says something even the least bit argumentative it's all out armaggedon

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1