Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Jesus might be comin' but will you recognize him??

Home // Atheism Versus Religion

joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Jesus might be comin' but will you recognize him?? Reply with quote
I've been thinkin'...
all the Rightwing nuts out there have been sayin' that Jesus is comin' and What would Jesus do?
But when you think about it Jesus Ischariot was about as leftwing liberal as you can get

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
Blessed are the Merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the Peacemakers,
for they shall be called Sons (and Daughters) of God
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven

You know and I know it...
these Rightwingers out there would call him a kook the minute he'd open his mouth
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If Jesus was alive today he'd be in a mental institution.
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Billo would call him a terrorist hugging, cut and running, bong smoking, liberal hippie. Who would want to see our country get attacked.
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:

That brings to mind some LSD-laden philisophical quasi-debate-thingy a friend and I had that is pretty much the concept of this thread (Good Post, BTW). I don't believe the messiah crap, but, here goes.....If Jesus did return today would he be recognized for what he was? Or would he be looked at as all of the other people who claim to be Jesus are looked at? As being insane. People would believe that the freakin' Madonna herself can appear on a scone. But I do not think they would be as accepting of someone who claims to be Christ. It could very well be that Christ has actually already came but he now wears a straight white jacket and eats a lot of Thorazine and Loracet to help him out with his delusions.

Last edited by Xerxes on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
Lester wrote:

That brings to mind some LSD-laden philisophical quasi-debate-thingy a friend and I had that is pretty much thie concept of this thread (Good Post, BTW). I don't believe the messiah crap, but, here goes.....If Jesus did return today would he be recognized for what he was? Or would he be looked at as all of the other people who claim to be Jesus are looked at? As being insane. People would believe that the freakin' Madonna herself can appear on a scone. But I do not think they would be as accepting of someone who claims to be Christ. It could very well be that Christ has actually already came but he now wears a straight white jacket and eats a lot of Thorazine and Loracet to help him out with his delusions.

Well it wouldn't be Jesus, it would be a new Christ, but anyways, say he did return, he would have to bring about the apocalypse or be like, sorry christians but your all freaking wrong, the jews have been right the whole time, waiting for the messaih like good people while you screw your brains out and eat filthy animals.

This makes him *really* unpopular with a significant portion of the western world, and *then* you'd have other people with whom he was unpopular, ie the atheists and skeptics.

Basically he'd be in the same situation as before, oppressed and disliked, but even worse off, because the world is so very close and yet so very very large as compared to the known world back in 0AD, do you expect this guy to walk around New York city and persuade the citizens of that city? It would take him just as long as it took Jesus to convince the people he did before he died.

The only plus I can see is that unless this new christ showed up in Texas he probably wouldn't be killed by the state, although I hear the popes got some pretty skillful assasins out there.

Related thought- Ninja Jesus.
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Isn't it ironic that he would probably be more disliked today than he was then....Yet he is so revered throughout the Western world. That is hypocracy at it's very finest. Self-proclaimed Christians talk the talk yet do not walk the walk. Maybe we should ask Jesus himself. What do you think JesusViejoLopez?
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lopez comes before Viejo, Duh-uh Razz

I'd like to be the anti-christ, unite the nations of the world and all that.
chevydriver1123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe we will find out if Jesus is a black jew and if he is I wonder how many right wing christians will still praise his name.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A black GAY jew.

Who likes Jon Stewart.
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And doesn't vote republican
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Imagine if he did? How self-hating would you have to be.
joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No...I meant this as
a man coming back who espouses the same rhetoric as Jesus did
... the New Testament Liberalism that has been somehow thrown under a bus for the Jehova "Eye for an Eye" crap we've been force fed for the last 20 yrs

... He's going to be laughed right out of the pulpit by these hypocrits

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Atheism Versus Religion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1