Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
It says introduce yourself so here it goes...

Home // General Chatter


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I notice there is a lesbian posting here, that's cool. Smile You'll know why in just a minute.

I'm 21 year old guy, and am a college student at my campus. I'm heavily involved in activism, and have taken part in several equal rights marches. I believe that marriage is a right, and not a privilege. I'm also a supporting member of HRC. However, this does not mean I'm not a liberal or a conservative. While I'm very socially progressive, I'm economically pro-free market. So perhaps you could categorize me as a libertarian. I usually question both sides, and sometimes can get in trouble for that. I'm also gay, and have been out to my parents and friends since I was 16.

As far as both political parties are concerned... there are some people I like in both, and yes I do like California's current governor... but I feel both political parties are going in the wrong direction in serving special interest, and are extremely selfish.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ahhh, Giancarlo, we meet again.
Back to top
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was actually kinda hoping you were not the same person... oh well.
Back to top
joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 2108
Location: Fort Lauderdale

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm new to this forum
...having been invited thru my posts on myspace
(this is much better)
I'm a 40 yr old man living in South Florida
and I work in the Med field
as a through and through Capricorn I'm highly opinionated ...but like to hear both sides of any issue
Wink
and LOVE talkin politics
esp now because it's so dam nuts out there!!Rolling Eyes
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Giancarlo wrote:
I was actually kinda hoping you were not the same person... oh well.


Haha, should have read my intro post then Razz
Back to top
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:
I was actually kinda hoping you were not the same person... oh well.


Haha, should have read my intro post then Razz


Well it is a pity, because I really can't stand most of your views lol.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's not about standing them, it's about defeating them logically, which you have failed to do. Razz
Back to top
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
It's not about standing them, it's about defeating them logically, which you have failed to do. Razz


Oh please. I have defeated you numerous times, including in that one thread on that myspace forum about communism. Don't you even dare tell me I haven't defeated any of them logically.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dare.
Back to top
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
I dare.


You're haven't ever produced a logical argument, and I basically destroyed your argument in communism. So what else is there? Laughing
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sure, lets leave this to the actual debate forums.
Back to top
Just Me
Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 34
Location: Alabama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Giancarlo wrote:
I notice there is a lesbian posting here, that's cool. Smile You'll know why in just a minute.

I'm 21 year old guy, and am a college student at my campus. I'm heavily involved in activism, and have taken part in several equal rights marches. I believe that marriage is a right, and not a privilege. I'm also a supporting member of HRC. However, this does not mean I'm not a liberal or a conservative. While I'm very socially progressive, I'm economically pro-free market. So perhaps you could categorize me as a libertarian. I usually question both sides, and sometimes can get in trouble for that. I'm also gay, and have been out to my parents and friends since I was 16.

As far as both political parties are concerned... there are some people I like in both, and yes I do like California's current governor... but I feel both political parties are going in the wrong direction in serving special interest, and are extremely selfish.

I've only been out to my fam and friends since I was 22. so thats been about 6 yrs ago lol... how did your family and friends take it?
Back to top
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just Me wrote:

I've only been out to my fam and friends since I was 22. so thats been about 6 yrs ago lol... how did your family and friends take it?


My family took it well. Unfortunately I lost a few friends but I really wonder if these people were true friends. I told this one "friend", with him promising to keep a secret... well it turns out he ended up telling several people, and it spread like wildfire throughout my school. Shows how much you can trust someone.
Back to top
Johnguitars
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 48
Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Intro Reply with quote
Hello there, I am a musician from Scotland and received an invitation to join in the fun. Politically I am an old fashioned Socialist which means that since the advent of New Labour in the U.K. I have been effectively disenfranchised. So now I am a floating voter and proud of it. The only trouble is there is no one worth voting for!

My outlook on life is pro-life. I am equally against abortion and against the bomb.
Back to top
ringwormbettie
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 65

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

You may call me Miss Bettie or Bettie if you want because I am not telling you my real name. I do not consider myself Democrat or Republican because both are corrupt and equally stupid at times. I am pro-choice and a feminist. I am very big on sexual freedom also. I enjoy writing stories and poems and I can kick your ass on an abortion debate.
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // General Chatter All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo!

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites