Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Is the CIA back in the death squad business?

Home // Government Watch



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1564
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
I'm saying that if they were like us and they existed and knew of our existence they would have.


Gotcha, I understand.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
However, I would hope and assume that they wouldn't be like us, which leads me to think they might actually treat their operations with a degree of secrecy.
Back to top
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 988
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the CIA back in the death squad business? Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
Yet another reason that Cheney needs to be impeached and tried in a court of law...
If we assume for the moment that the story is accurate, can you point me to the phrase that indicates that Cheney directed, approved, or was even in favor of the alleged cross-border raids?

Heck, in the interest of saving time, let me cite from your source:

Quote:
ABC cited Pakistani government sources as saying the secret campaign against Iran was on the agenda when Vice President Dick Cheney met with Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf in February.

I read that as stating that the topic was on the agenda for discussion. I do not notice any language that indicates either Cheney's or Musharraf's statements regarding or position on the alleged secret campaign. We simply do not have enough information based on your source to draw a meaningful conclusion. (And that's assuming everything in this article is true.)
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1564
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the CIA back in the death squad business? Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
Yet another reason that Cheney needs to be impeached and tried in a court of law...
If we assume for the moment that the story is accurate, can you point me to the phrase that indicates that Cheney directed, approved, or was even in favor of the alleged cross-border raids?

Heck, in the interest of saving time, let me cite from your source:

Quote:
ABC cited Pakistani government sources as saying the secret campaign against Iran was on the agenda when Vice President Dick Cheney met with Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf in February.

I read that as stating that the topic was on the agenda for discussion. I do not notice any language that indicates either Cheney's or Musharraf's statements regarding or position on the alleged secret campaign. We simply do not have enough information based on your source to draw a meaningful conclusion. (And that's assuming everything in this article is true.)


Stop being a Cheney apologist. He has enough already.
Back to top
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 988
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes - With respect, you are failing to differentiate between someone pointing out the flaws in your argument and someone who is arguing the opposing position. My post did the former, not the latter.

I took no stance whatsoever as regards what Cheney did or did not do. What I did was point out that you jumped to conclusions not supported by the source you cited. Nowhere does your source suggest in any way that Cheney was culpable in the alleged secret campaigns. That's just a plain and simple fact.

Calling me an "apologist" is lazy and does nothing to suggest that you have any real grasp either of my arguments or your own sources. If everyone in these forums simply chose to infer anything he or she liked from every source without regard to the claims actually made therein these discussions would devolve into nonsensical chaos.

For what it's worth, I recently misread a cited article in another discussion and took an ill-advised position because of it. The thing is, when I saw the mistake I didn't turn around and call the other people names, I admitted my mistake and moved on.
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1564
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
Xerxes - With respect, you are failing to differentiate between someone pointing out the flaws in your argument and someone who is arguing the opposing position. My post did the former, not the latter.

I took no stance whatsoever as regards what Cheney did or did not do. What I did was point out that you jumped to conclusions not supported by the source you cited. Nowhere does your source suggest in any way that Cheney was culpable in the alleged secret campaigns. That's just a plain and simple fact.

Calling me an "apologist" is lazy and does nothing to suggest that you have any real grasp either of my arguments or your own sources. If everyone in these forums simply chose to infer anything he or she liked from every source without regard to the claims actually made therein these discussions would devolve into nonsensical chaos.

For what it's worth, I recently misread a cited article in another discussion and took an ill-advised position because of it. The thing is, when I saw the mistake I didn't turn around and call the other people names, I admitted my mistake and moved on.


Ok, then I digress.
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1564
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And I'm sorry. I just figured that it is common knowledge that if it involves the word "covert" or "death squad" or "secret" then Cheney is most assuredly involved. I thought you were taking a pro-Cheney position.
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3310

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CIA a very secret org
secrets kept from law abiding americans not good
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3310

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
They always have
they have always pit in place puppet governments
Back to top
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 988
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I love puppets!

Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can we fix it!?!?
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Government Watch All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics
Politics blogs Politics blogs Article Directory Political Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Top Blog Sites