Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Invited my 16 year old cousin as my wedding guest...

Home // General Chatter

JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Invited my 16 year old cousin as my wedding guest... Reply with quote
So I just broke up with my girlfriend several months ago and I get an invitation to my cousins wedding.

The invitation says my name "and guest"...

So I invited my 16 year old cousin whom I talk to about religion and politics and LOST and HEROES and all the other shit that tickles our fancy.

I caught a lot of flack from the family for inviting a cousin that wasn't invited...but...fuck it.

Had a great time...

Was impressed when he started talking about how he thought Ron Paul was a great candidate.

Was intrigued when he started talking about how he watched a movie refuting Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth movie...

Overall, we had a great time and all got nice and toasty.

Just got home safe and thought I would share that I believe our future is in fact safe, after seeing the knowledge and strength in this kid's mind.

We discussed everything from 9/11 conspiracy theories to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict...

Not everyone is growing up these days forced to believe what is on television, and that made me happy.

Not to mention, his parents are devout Catholics and he is an Atheist, simply because the fact that, in his words..."he doesn't believe the bullshit.".

There is hope family...there is hope.

Love you all...Have a good night.

OH...and jusdeadphunky...call me on my cell, we got to catch up.

Peace.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw that movie too, it was on the ABC here in Australia, presumably to refute claims of a left-wing bias.
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wait they played an inconvenient truth to refute claims of left wing bias?
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No the movie that refutes the inconvenient truth.

Hah! I wish it was the other way around.
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was about to say. If the inconvenient truth was being played to counter left wing bias is it a communist news network?
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nah, our government run channel(the abc) was in this big tiz because the government thought it was biased.
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shouldn't your gov. know whether or not your gov. run channel is left wing.
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anym replace the "it" with "An Inconvienent Truth" and Lester makes sense ....

Lester wrote:
Nah, our government run channel(the abc) was in this big tiz because the government thought it was biased.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No anym was actually right, obviously the channel isn't run by actual politicians, because what would they know about selling entertainment to large masses of people!?!?!

*ahem*

Anyways it has no ads and is solely funded by the government and so forth, and the current government is right wing, so it clearly thought the tv was left wing.
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
No anym was actually right, obviously the channel isn't run by actual politicians, because what would they know about selling entertainment to large masses of people!?!?!

*ahem*

Anyways it has no ads and is solely funded by the government and so forth, and the current government is right wing, so it clearly thought the tv was left wing.

You mean the australian government thought the tv channel it controls was biased? So it ran some programming to unbias the tv channel it controls?

Not too schizophrenic down under there, are we mate? Does your government talk about itself in the third person too?

"The government of Australia thinks that the tv channel controlled by said government is demonstrating a left wing bias. Therefore in order to combat this blantant attempt at social manipulation, the government of Australia will run obviously right wing biased programming. We at the government of Australia will always fight such insidious attempts by ourselves to manipulate you, the people of this great nation.

Stay tuned next week when we, the government of Australia, decide that the government of Australia is attempting to manipulate the people with right wing biased programming. At such time, we, the government of Australia, will run a Teletubbies Marathon. God save the queen and all that rot ... mate."
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well see this kind of humour used to be found on the government run channel, but it was too left wing you see.
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ahh yes, I can see where criticism of a rigth wing government can be seen as too far left. We have that same issue here in the States. Oddly enough, I think Pakistan shares that same point of view.
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oddly enough Pakistan President Musharriff went on the main U.S. television show that pokes fun of the U.S. gov.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh Pakistan, you wound the west with your craaaaazy antics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // General Chatter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1