Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Inconvenient Truth, Inconvenient in Seattle school

Home // Evolution Versus Creationism

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Oolon Colluphid
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Inconvenient Truth, Inconvenient in Seattle school Reply with quote
"After a parent who supports the teaching of creationism and opposes sex education complained about the film, the Federal Way School Board on Tuesday placed what it labeled a moratorium on showing the film.

"Condoms don't belong in school, and neither does Al Gore. He's not a schoolteacher," said Frosty Hardison, a parent of seven who also said that he believes the Earth is 14,000 years old. "The information that's being presented is a very cockeyed view of what the truth is. ... The Bible says that in the end times everything will burn up, but that perspective isn't in the DVD."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/.....ent11.html

It later says that this woman hasn't even seen the whole movie herself!! This country is in a downward spiral. Rolling Eyes
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watch Idiocracy and you'll see were the pubs, religion, and corporate interest are taking our country.
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's disgusting... the parent is arguing that a PURELY religious viewpoint be expressed by the public school just because it disagrees with what basically ALL SCIENTISTS say. According to their argument, the school should be expected to present what it says in the Bible as a legitimate scientific viewpoint, in a SCIENCE class. In the scientific community, this is not a "controversial issue" and does not fall under the jurisdiction of the school rule. That said, Al Gore's documentary may not be the BEST way to teach global warming to the class.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
What the hell happened to the Scopes trial?
CryxicKiller
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a bone to pick with this guy. 14,000 years old???? That's way too much. Dating the Earth from information in the Bible reveals that it is about 6,000 years old. This person is a heathen and will get what's coming to him. How dare he defy the sanctity of the Bible!
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Inconvenient Truth, Inconvenient in Seattle school Reply with quote
Oolon Colluphid wrote:

It later says that this woman hasn't even seen the whole movie herself!!

Not only that, but al gore is a teacher. He taught college.
Oolon Colluphid
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Inconvenient Truth, Inconvenient in Seattle school Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Oolon Colluphid wrote:

HA!! Good point, I never thought of that one.
Mike
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Inconvenient Truth, Inconvenient in Seattle school Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Oolon Colluphid wrote:

Wow, did anyone ever actually stay awake through his monotone voice of death? lol
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Inconvenient Truth, Inconvenient in Seattle school Reply with quote
Mike wrote:

Wow, did anyone ever actually stay awake through his monotone voice of death? lol

He's not that bad.
Mike
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Inconvenient Truth, Inconvenient in Seattle school Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Mike wrote:

He's not that bad.

The man is a walking slab of formica. He goes to funerals and they try to bury him instead! Even he makes jokes about his stiffness.
chevydriver1123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
God I hate religious people. Hey news flash The bible DOES NOT belong in public school.
Oolon Colluphid
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Inconvenient Truth, Inconvenient in Seattle school Reply with quote
Mike wrote:
exton wrote:
Mike wrote:

He's not that bad.

The man is a walking slab of formica. He goes to funerals and they try to bury him instead! Even he makes jokes about his stiffness.

And here is why America is in such a sad state. If it's not jumpin' for JEEEEZZUS, screaming "WIN, WIN, WE'RE NUMBER 1!!", nobody can stand to listen. Short attention span theater.
Mike
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Inconvenient Truth, Inconvenient in Seattle school Reply with quote
Oolon Colluphid wrote:
Mike wrote:
exton wrote:
Mike wrote:

He's not that bad.

And here is why America is in such a sad state. If it's not jumpin' for JEEEEZZUS, screaming "WIN, WIN, WE'RE NUMBER 1!!", nobody can stand to listen. Short attention span theater.

Are you talking to me or Chevydriver? I was just taking shots at Gore, I don't think they should teach either evolution or creationism in grade school. Save it for college when people actually give a shit.
CryxicKiller
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That was a tad harsh Mike. I, for example, cared about evolution when I was in high school, and still do today. Hehe.......
Mike
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CryxicKiller wrote:
That was a tad harsh Mike. I, for example, cared about evolution when I was in high school, and still do today. Hehe.......

Okay, but not everyone cared about evolution. Save middle and high school for courses that everyone has to take, like math and English. Save the specialty courses for college. I've always like anime, for example, but it wasn't until college that they offered a class about the history of anime. Or, if it is in grade school, don't force people to learn about it, make it an elective, like band or metal shop. It is a theory after all, never been proven nor disproven, and it's not like having no knowledge of the theory of evolution and Darwinian theory will hinder them should they decide to not attend college. All I'm saying is don't force it on people, and don't treat it as fact. That's the problem with Democrats. They have an ideal utopian view and don't seem to understand tha not everyone shares the same view. You may not like guns, but some love to hunt. Don't make rules and regulations to enforce people and make sure they follow your personal dream.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Evolution Versus Creationism All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6