Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Here is a conspiracy theory for you

Home // Conspiracies and Theories



Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Here is a conspiracy theory for you Reply with quote
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22183052/?GT1=10645
Tennis player thinks that the mafia fixes tennis games.

Here is another conspiracy theory for you
Greenhouse gases from humans cause global warming.

Here is another one for you saddam had weapons of mass destruction.

Here is another one
Iran has wmds we need to have another preemptive conflict with them.

Another one terrorists want to hurt us because of our freedom.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Here is a conspiracy theory for you Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22183052/?GT1=10645
Tennis player thinks that the mafia fixes tennis games.


Could be. They used to fix baseball games.

Quote:

Here is another conspiracy theory for you
Greenhouse gases from humans cause global warming.


Is it really a conspiracy theory if it's supported by scientific evidence and does not involve a deliberate and secretive effort?

Of course not.


Quote:

Here is another one for you saddam had weapons of mass destruction.


I guess that shows you the danger of believing conspiracy theories that have no supporting evidence, hmm?

Quote:

Another one terrorists want to hurt us because of our freedom.


That's not a conspiracy theory, it's just propaganda.
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Here is a conspiracy theory for you Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Turk wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22183052/?GT1=10645
Tennis player thinks that the mafia fixes tennis games.


Could be. They used to fix baseball games.

Quote:

Here is another conspiracy theory for you
Greenhouse gases from humans cause global warming.


Is it really a conspiracy theory if it's supported by scientific evidence and does not involve a deliberate and secretive effort?

Of course not.


Quote:

Here is another one for you saddam had weapons of mass destruction.


I guess that shows you the danger of believing conspiracy theories that have no supporting evidence, hmm?

Quote:

Another one terrorists want to hurt us because of our freedom.


That's not a conspiracy theory, it's just propaganda.
Shit you believe everything the government tells you?
Until 1963 the mafia was just another conspiracy theory.
Back to top
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No it wasn't. The Mafia was widely known, especially during the period of Prohibition.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not technically, Al Capone has never committed an act of organized crime in your view, after all, there is no evidence for it.
Back to top
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 2020
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
Not technically, Al Capone has never committed an act of organized crime in your view, after all, there is no evidence for it.


You're absolutely right, technically, Al Capone is a tax evader because that's all that the government could prove. But that has nothing to do with the Costa Nostra being known about. Gangs don't have rights and are not prosecuted - people do and are. You are anthropomorphizing things here.
Back to top
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's not true. He was never tried for crimes related to organized crime during his lifetime. We now have plenty of evidence showing that.

But as I said, the Mafia was widely known. You don't need evidence to know about something. You need evidence to prove something in a court of law. You should know that, Lester Lawyer.
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
Not technically, Al Capone has never committed an act of organized crime in your view, after all, there is no evidence for it.

The only time that the government admitted that the mafia existed was in 1963 when informant joe valachi exposed it.
That was the first time that the government acknowledged the mafia, until then it was just a conspiracy theory.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
Not technically, Al Capone has never committed an act of organized crime in your view, after all, there is no evidence for it.


Not when al capone was alive. Back then, frightening or killing witnesses was all that was necessary to get you off the hook.

These days, he wouldn't have gotten off.
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Lester wrote:
Not technically, Al Capone has never committed an act of organized crime in your view, after all, there is no evidence for it.


Not when al capone was alive. Back then, frightening or killing witnesses was all that was necessary to get you off the hook.

These days, he wouldn't have gotten off.

Yeah he would have look at bill clinton, clipped off all of the people that had the goods on him.
Back to top
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have 0 proof of that. Conspiracy theories abound!
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:

Yeah he would have look at bill clinton, clipped off all of the people that had the goods on him.


What the hell are you talking about?
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Turk wrote:

Yeah he would have look at bill clinton, clipped off all of the people that had the goods on him.


What the hell are you talking about?

There were 122 people that fled the US to avoid testifying against bill clinton
many of those accused and offered to cut a deal with prosecutors ended up dead.
And that Mena Arkansas thing
Back to top
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Again, that's bullshit conspiracy stuff. If the media had no problem impaling Clinton on his affair with Lewinsky, they'd have no problem impaling him on people fleeing and being assassinated over it.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lynx wrote:
That's not true. He was never tried for crimes related to organized crime during his lifetime. We now have plenty of evidence showing that.

But as I said, the Mafia was widely known. You don't need evidence to know about something. You need evidence to prove something in a court of law. You should know that, Lester Lawyer.


This is exactly what we are saying Lynx.

And just as they investigated Capone(only somewhat successfully), they should investigate this.

Exton- Not really relevant to the comparison, but thanks!
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Conspiracies and Theories All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics
Politics blogs Politics blogs Article Directory Political Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Top Blog Sites