Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Google Street View.

Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives

Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Google Street View. Reply with quote
No partisan commentary here, simply a discussion of our rights and the rights of google.

If yo don't know what this is I suggest you type in your own house, it is rather scary.

Also, hey I'm back for a little while.
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't find it to be an issue of personal rights. If a person takes a picture of your street or your house and posts it on the Internet, you would have absolutely no right to demand that they remove that picture (unless the picture goes further than just being of your house, i.e. is a picture that focuses on something in your house as opposed to just being of your house). I would think that the same would work for Google StreetView.
joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a BIG bullseye painted on your roof?
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
But if your windows happen to be open at that particular time?

And what about getting yourself blocked out completely? The procedure is simple, just send them your name, address, a copy of your passports and other forms of identification - simple.

It is not the taking of pictures in public that worries me, but rather the accessibility.

As if the satellite pictures aren't enough

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1