Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Giuliani endorses Mccain

Home // Conservative Corner

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Giuliani endorses Mccain Reply with quote
Neither of them are conservatives anyway, why did the RNC allow them to run as conservatives?
I swear to god as i live and breathe, i will vote independent if mccain gets the nomination.
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree that they are RINO's. Just curious, but what specific party would you likely vote for, if not for one of the two majors?
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its not over yet
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
I agree that they are RINO's. Just curious, but what specific party would you likely vote for, if not for one of the two majors?
Another leftist in conservative clothing endorses mccain
Schwarzenegger who would be surprised
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How can you be a RINO while also being the frontrunner and likely nominee of the R? :/
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
How can you be a RINO while also being the frontrunner and likely nominee of the R? :/

I have three theories on that. One is that a lot of people are easily duped. The second is that a lot of people are more interested in the question of electability (as they see it) than holding to the party line. The third is that the party--or those who are at least registered Republican--is more diverse than the party platform would indicate.

Actually, I have a fourth theory: It's a bit of all of the above. Cool
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
Toxic wrote:

I have three theories on that. One is that a lot of people are easily duped. The second is that a lot of people are more interested in the question of electability (as they see it) than holding to the party line. The third is that the party--or those who are at least registered Republican--is more diverse than the party platform would indicate.

Actually, I have a fourth theory: It's a bit of all of the above. Cool

That last one sounds like a good theory. Smile
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
Ask George W Bush
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Ask George W Bush

My point was that the Republican Party nominates and votes these people into office. How can you be a Republican-In-Name-Only if you are hand-chosen by the Republican Party?
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Ask George W Bush

My point was that the Republican Party nominates and votes these people into office. How can you be a Republican-In-Name-Only if you are hand-chosen by the Republican Party?
Easy ask George W Bush
He is about as conservative as john mccain and ted kennedy
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Ask George W Bush

Easy ask George W Bush

You just don't get it, do you? You cannot be a Republican-in-name-only if you are handpicked BY REPUBLICANS.
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Ask George W Bush

Easy ask George W Bush

You just don't get it, do you? You cannot be a Republican-in-name-only if you are handpicked BY REPUBLICANS.
Of course you can you dense lynx you.
George Bush is a living example so is mccain.
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Ask George W Bush

Easy ask George W Bush

No. You're STILL not getting my point. If you are elected by the Republican Party, you are chosen by Republicans. Therefore, you cannot be Republican-in-name-only because you were specifically chosen BY REPUBLICANS.

Perhaps what you're droning on about is CINO (Conservative-in-name-only), but that's not what we're discussing here.
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Ask George W Bush

Easy ask George W Bush

No. You're STILL not getting my point. If you are elected by the Republican Party, you are chosen by Republicans. Therefore, you cannot be Republican-in-name-only because you were specifically chosen BY REPUBLICANS.

Perhaps what you're droning on about is CINO (Conservative-in-name-only), but that's not what we're discussing here.
If thats the case the rest of them are rinos
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:

Being a Republican isn't a question of having the approval of others who are registered with that party any more than walking through the narthex of a church makes you a Christian. Being a Republican means believing in and at least trying to follow Republican principles. Those who self-identify as Republican but whose actions do not follow those principles are commonly referred to as RINO's. Clear? Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2