Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Giuliani endorses Mccain

Home // Conservative Corner



Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Giuliani endorses Mccain Reply with quote
Neither of them are conservatives anyway, why did the RNC allow them to run as conservatives?
I swear to god as i live and breathe, i will vote independent if mccain gets the nomination.
Back to top
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 988
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree that they are RINO's. Just curious, but what specific party would you likely vote for, if not for one of the two majors?
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its not over yet
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
I agree that they are RINO's. Just curious, but what specific party would you likely vote for, if not for one of the two majors?
Another leftist in conservative clothing endorses mccain
Schwarzenegger who would be surprised
Back to top
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 1542

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How can you be a RINO while also being the frontrunner and likely nominee of the R? :/
Back to top
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 988
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
How can you be a RINO while also being the frontrunner and likely nominee of the R? :/

I have three theories on that. One is that a lot of people are easily duped. The second is that a lot of people are more interested in the question of electability (as they see it) than holding to the party line. The third is that the party--or those who are at least registered Republican--is more diverse than the party platform would indicate.

Actually, I have a fourth theory: It's a bit of all of the above. Cool
Back to top
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 1542

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
Toxic wrote:
How can you be a RINO while also being the frontrunner and likely nominee of the R? :/

I have three theories on that. One is that a lot of people are easily duped. The second is that a lot of people are more interested in the question of electability (as they see it) than holding to the party line. The third is that the party--or those who are at least registered Republican--is more diverse than the party platform would indicate.

Actually, I have a fourth theory: It's a bit of all of the above. Cool


That last one sounds like a good theory. Smile
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
How can you be a RINO while also being the frontrunner and likely nominee of the R? :/
Ask George W Bush
Back to top
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 1542

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
How can you be a RINO while also being the frontrunner and likely nominee of the R? :/
Ask George W Bush


My point was that the Republican Party nominates and votes these people into office. How can you be a Republican-In-Name-Only if you are hand-chosen by the Republican Party?
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
How can you be a RINO while also being the frontrunner and likely nominee of the R? :/
Ask George W Bush


My point was that the Republican Party nominates and votes these people into office. How can you be a Republican-In-Name-Only if you are hand-chosen by the Republican Party?
Easy ask George W Bush
He is about as conservative as john mccain and ted kennedy
Back to top
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 1542

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
How can you be a RINO while also being the frontrunner and likely nominee of the R? :/
Ask George W Bush


My point was that the Republican Party nominates and votes these people into office. How can you be a Republican-In-Name-Only if you are hand-chosen by the Republican Party?
Easy ask George W Bush
He is about as conservative as john mccain and ted kennedy


You just don't get it, do you? You cannot be a Republican-in-name-only if you are handpicked BY REPUBLICANS.
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
How can you be a RINO while also being the frontrunner and likely nominee of the R? :/
Ask George W Bush


My point was that the Republican Party nominates and votes these people into office. How can you be a Republican-In-Name-Only if you are hand-chosen by the Republican Party?
Easy ask George W Bush
He is about as conservative as john mccain and ted kennedy


You just don't get it, do you? You cannot be a Republican-in-name-only if you are handpicked BY REPUBLICANS.
Of course you can you dense lynx you.
George Bush is a living example so is mccain.
Back to top
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 1542

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
How can you be a RINO while also being the frontrunner and likely nominee of the R? :/
Ask George W Bush


My point was that the Republican Party nominates and votes these people into office. How can you be a Republican-In-Name-Only if you are hand-chosen by the Republican Party?
Easy ask George W Bush
He is about as conservative as john mccain and ted kennedy


You just don't get it, do you? You cannot be a Republican-in-name-only if you are handpicked BY REPUBLICANS.
Of course you can you dense lynx you.
George Bush is a living example so is mccain.


No. You're STILL not getting my point. If you are elected by the Republican Party, you are chosen by Republicans. Therefore, you cannot be Republican-in-name-only because you were specifically chosen BY REPUBLICANS.

Perhaps what you're droning on about is CINO (Conservative-in-name-only), but that's not what we're discussing here.
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Turk wrote:
Toxic wrote:
How can you be a RINO while also being the frontrunner and likely nominee of the R? :/
Ask George W Bush


My point was that the Republican Party nominates and votes these people into office. How can you be a Republican-In-Name-Only if you are hand-chosen by the Republican Party?
Easy ask George W Bush
He is about as conservative as john mccain and ted kennedy


You just don't get it, do you? You cannot be a Republican-in-name-only if you are handpicked BY REPUBLICANS.
Of course you can you dense lynx you.
George Bush is a living example so is mccain.


No. You're STILL not getting my point. If you are elected by the Republican Party, you are chosen by Republicans. Therefore, you cannot be Republican-in-name-only because you were specifically chosen BY REPUBLICANS.

Perhaps what you're droning on about is CINO (Conservative-in-name-only), but that's not what we're discussing here.
If thats the case the rest of them are rinos
Back to top
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 988
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
No. You're STILL not getting my point. If you are elected by the Republican Party, you are chosen by Republicans. Therefore, you cannot be Republican-in-name-only because you were specifically chosen BY REPUBLICANS.

Being a Republican isn't a question of having the approval of others who are registered with that party any more than walking through the narthex of a church makes you a Christian. Being a Republican means believing in and at least trying to follow Republican principles. Those who self-identify as Republican but whose actions do not follow those principles are commonly referred to as RINO's. Clear? Very Happy
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics
Politics blogs Politics blogs Article Directory Political Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Top Blog Sites