Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Your Ad Here

Gas Prices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner
Author Message
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 524
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The market is a term we give to the cumulative effect of the purchasing choices of consumers. You are the market.
Back to top
Turk
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 322

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As long as american people leisurly drive cars
you can be certain that the oil companies will manipulate the prices.
Drive less
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 3662

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Drive hydro.
Back to top
CustomFordGirl
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Location: Greensburg, PA

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look, I'm tired of people demonizing the big, bad oil companies.
At the pump, out of every gallon you buy, the government takes about $.60, while the "big, bad" oil company gets about $.08 profit. The oil companies drill, refine, and ship the stuff, while the government takes all the profit for just existing.
Tell the government to take their hand out of the cookie jar, and the price at the pump will diminish considerably.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 3662

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is that filtered through tax on the companies, or just tax on the sale?
Back to top
brandal
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 513
Location: NC

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
Is that filtered through tax on the companies, or just tax on the sale?


if you count both you are looking 'bout $1.00 per sale so it matters not @ what point the hand is in, what matters is how long we are going to leave the cookie jar in the hand of the babysitter?
Back to top
TrespassersW
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 524
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
brandal wrote:
Lester wrote:
Is that filtered through tax on the companies, or just tax on the sale?

if you count both you are looking 'bout $1.00 per sale so it matters not @ what point the hand is in, what matters is how long we are going to leave the cookie jar in the hand of the babysitter?

That depends... is she hot?
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 3662

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It does matter, because taxes filtered through to the price of the gallon is stuff we can blame the gas companies for, taxes directly on the sale price should be blamed on the government.

I just want the truth is all.
Back to top
Atlas
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester,

You said, " I just want the truth is all. "

I gave you the truth on the CPUSA post. Yet you will not reply. You do not want the truth about anything. Go reply to the truth. The bloodbath of your party. Go reply and tell me why you belong to the party of death. Tell me why you are a member of the commie party.


Atlas, RFC
Back to top
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 311
Location: CA LE FOR NYE YAY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The actual impact of a oil station/rig in the enviroment is almost close to nothing. The physical space taken by a rig and its housing compartments and support structures for the crew is minimal. No one is freaking out about the polution or damage of this rig itself, its either they like the view and don't want a pipe stuffing that up, or they are worried about oil transportation... The servere damage is only apparent when there is oil spill.
Complaining about highly sensitive species? If they are so highly sensitive that taking a couple of acres of land will completely wipe them out, then there are chances they will be wiped out the next hard rainfall.
Species extincition from drilling is just as likely as species extincition from lightning strikes.... (except in case of oil spill)

ALSO if you don't like gas prices don't drive big cars, America is famous for you SUV's and gas guzzling monsters. Look at Europe they drive small fuel efficient cars. Maybe it is a trend America should start to follow, and the music industry isn't helping either, with emphasis on big pimped cars, imprints youth to want to drive a gas guzzler. Listen you can complain about the enviroment all you want, but in the end the company just brings supply to the demand. And as long as you demand they will supply.

pretty sure that is all the topics covered here
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 3662

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atlas wrote:
Lester,

You said, " I just want the truth is all. "

I gave you the truth on the CPUSA post. Yet you will not reply. You do not want the truth about anything. Go reply to the truth. The bloodbath of your party. Go reply and tell me why you belong to the party of death. Tell me why you are a member of the commie party.


Atlas, RFC


You like old winnie;

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
- Winston Churchill
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2057

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CustomFordGirl wrote:
Look, I'm tired of people demonizing the big, bad oil companies.
At the pump, out of every gallon you buy, the government takes about $.60, while the "big, bad" oil company gets about $.08 profit. The oil companies drill, refine, and ship the stuff, while the government takes all the profit for just existing.
Tell the government to take their hand out of the cookie jar, and the price at the pump will diminish considerably.


do you forget that the oil companies control the refineries? do you forget that the oil companies are intentionally using profits to buy back stocks instead of building refineries so that that the supply will fall short of the demand? do you forget that if we did not pay taxes everything would go to shit?
Back to top
CustomFordGirl
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Location: Greensburg, PA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
do you forget that the oil companies control the refineries? do you forget that the oil companies are intentionally using profits to buy back stocks instead of building refineries so that that the supply will fall short of the demand? do you forget that if we did not pay taxes everything would go to shit?


Do you forget that the eco-nuts won't allow the (American) oil companies to build more refineries?
Are you listening to yourself?
"The oil companies control the refineries." in response to me saying that the oil companies make only $.08/gallon? Do you know nothing about business?? They don't have all that much profit to begin with, because they're taxed normally, plus their profits are taxed, plus their sales are taxed, plus all the normal costs of operation.. agh!

The eco-nuts won't let companies drill in ANWR, won't let companies open more refineries, and you're blaming the oil companies for raising prices to offset costs? That's like blaming Bush because people in a below-sea-level city don't evacuate when a Category 5 hurricane hits!! INSANITY!!!
Back to top
chevydriver1123
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Posts: 406
Location: Newburgh New York

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CustomFordGirl wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
do you forget that the oil companies control the refineries? do you forget that the oil companies are intentionally using profits to buy back stocks instead of building refineries so that that the supply will fall short of the demand? do you forget that if we did not pay taxes everything would go to shit?


Do you forget that the eco-nuts won't allow the (American) oil companies to build more refineries?
Are you listening to yourself?
"The oil companies control the refineries." in response to me saying that the oil companies make only $.08/gallon? Do you know nothing about business?? They don't have all that much profit to begin with, because they're taxed normally, plus their profits are taxed, plus their sales are taxed, plus all the normal costs of operation.. agh!

The eco-nuts won't let companies drill in ANWR, won't let companies open more refineries, and you're blaming the oil companies for raising prices to offset costs? That's like blaming Bush because people in a below-sea-level city don't evacuate when a Category 5 hurricane hits!! INSANITY!!!


First of all you need to calm the fuck down. Second yes your right that the eco idiots use NIMBY in order prevent new refineries from being built and to lower the price at the pump but to think the oil companies dont have at least a finger in controlling the price is insanity as well. As for Katrina people blamed Bush because he was the one that appointed ol Brownie to be in charge of FEMA which did such a wonderful job handling the aftermath. Nagin and Blanco share the blame as well but FEMA was supposed to be the backbone.
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics