Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Funny things about politicians.

Home // Laugh It Up

Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Funny things about politicians. Reply with quote
just funny or weird stuff about current or former elected officials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_Johnson#Trivia
# Johnson was famously frugal. Even as President, White House tapes recorded him asking a photographer to take his family portraits for free, saying he was a very poor man living on a weekly paycheck and had a very great deal of financial debt. In fact Johnson was a multimillionaire, but he still wasn't charged for the photographic portraits. The White House press corps made jokes at his expense regarding his habit of turning off all lights in the White House when the rooms were not in use. Johnson's secretary revealed years later that he would wash and reuse Styrofoam cups.[36]

# His favorite soft drink was Fresca, which he drank constantly. Johnson had a small control box installed in the writing desk in the small personal office adjacent to the Oval Office. This control box contained two buttons, marked "Coffee" and "Fresca". Pushing one of these buttons would summon Johnson's military aide bringing the appropriate drink.[37]

and for lester

The Johnson cult is a cargo cult initiated on New Hanover Island of Papua New Guinea. In 1964, they (invalidly) voted for Johnson as their assembly representative by way of protest against Australian colonialism.

I think Australian colonialism is funny.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree. I dislike australian colonialism, after all, we're just as good if not better than the Brits, if we can talk our way out of oceanic confrontations that they can't, surely we can talk them out of being our rulers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Laugh It Up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1