Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Five questions for peace loving Muslims
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Five questions for peace loving Muslims Reply with quote
These are taken from the following LA Times article.
http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/008985.php

(1) Why are you so quiet? [i.e. : in the face of all the terror committed in the name of Islam]

(2) Why are none of the Palestinian terrorists Christian?

(3) Why is only one of the 47 Muslim-majority countries a free country?

(4) Why are so many atrocities committed and threatened by Muslims in the name of Islam?

(5) Why do countries governed by religious Muslims persecute other religions?
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh my fucking god.

are you serious?

way to go...you are now officially the most ignorant and racist person in this group!!!
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
oh my fucking god.

are you serious?

way to go...you are now officially the most ignorant and racist person in this group!!!

sorry i missed the part about them being taken from a LA times article.

is the LA times fucking serious?
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Five questions for peace loving Muslims Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:

(1) Why are you so quiet? [i.e. : in the face of all the terror committed in the name of Islam]
-why are americans so quite about the terror committed by the u.s. government and israel in the name of zionism and oil?

-the majority of palestinians are moslem. there are people of all religions fighting the illegal occupation of palestine (which = terrorists in the eyes of this country)

-no place is perfect. you can not compare your beliefs with those of another culture, because you only have knowledge of your own. why has the bush administration taken away the bill of rights which made america a free country?

(4) Why are so many atrocities committed and threatened by Muslims in the name of Islam?
-maybe because so many atrocities have been and still are being committed against moslems.

-look at what is going on in your own country. look at gay marriage and abortion. same thing, different religion.
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not pleased with the social situation here in the United States, but I wouldn't get hanged or shot by the state because of my sexuality like in most muslim countries.
Just Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Giancarlo wrote:
I am not pleased with the social situation here in the United States, but I wouldn't get hanged or shot by the state because of my sexuality like in most muslim countries.

trust me if some had their way we would be shot because of our sexuality Confused
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just Me wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:

trust me if some had their way we would be shot because of our sexuality Confused

Yes, but in muslim countries it is actually put in practice by governments in those countries.
Just Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Giancarlo wrote:
Just Me wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:

Yes, but in muslim countries it is actually put in practice by governments in those countries.

Yes I know. I was just saying, if some had their way it would be like that here
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just Me wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:
Just Me wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:

Yes I know. I was just saying, if some had their way it would be like that here

I don't care because those people are a small minority. In Muslim countries, a majority of the population supports the actions of their government.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just Me wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:

amen!
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just Me wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:

like who? can you give us an actual name of an actual person who advocates the shooting of people based on their sexuality?
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Five questions for peace loving Muslims Reply with quote
Another question occurs to me now;

Why are homosexuals and lesbians denied basic civil rights in Muslim majority nations?
chevydriver1123
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:
Just Me wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:

like who? can you give us an actual name of an actual person who advocates the shooting of people based on their sexuality?

Jerry Fallwell, Pat Robertson, Ann Coulter, James Dobson, Rick Santorm, David Duke, Bill O'Reily, I can go further
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Quote:

Jerry Fallwell, Pat Robertson, Ann Coulter, James Dobson, Rick Santorm, David Duke, Bill O'Reily, I can go further

nice try. none of these men advocate execution of gays. if I am wrong, prove it.

but you know you are disseminating nonsense.
CryxicKiller
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Five questions for peace loving Muslims Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:

Even if these questions are not rhetorical, which mostly they are, the underlying assumptions are horrendously flawed. #3 is blatantly wrong; Turkey and Albania are two countries where the majority of the population is Muslim and they are "free," if by that you mean to include some of the main features of liberal democratic societies. There are plenty of other cases (like Afghanistan, which is nominally "free").

#1 falls in the same league of flawed assumptions; moderate Muslims are not quiet. They have strongly railed against the excesses of radicals like Al-Qaeda and continue to do so. The problem isn't them not talking, it's us not listening. Putting up a tape of Osama on the news is much more fear-inducing and exciting than showing a typical, moderate Muslim scholar or philosopher talking about the virtues and moderation of Islam.

I can't speak about #2, but I would not be surprised if it was false.

#4 is ridiculous, not so much in its assumptions but in its ignorance. Lots of atrocities and crimes have been committed by Christians in the name of Christ, and the same can be said for many other religions. This relates to #3; most Muslim people are good-natured and reject fundamentalist ideology. That some have hijacked their religion is unfortunate and they have to deal with that, but as for us, we shouldn't delude ourselves into thinking that Osama represents Islam; he does not.

#5 is also silly. Theocracies of a particular creed are very unlikely to be friendly towards other doctrines. This was true of many European societies in the past. I don't see how modern Muslim zealots are unique in that sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3