Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Federal Reserve

Home // Government Watch



Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
corey michael
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 77
Location: Gulf Coast USA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Federal Reserve Reply with quote
This is from my friend at http://www.myspace.com/federalreserve101

I'm just curious to see what people on both sides of the aisle think about this one. I know from talking to people that in the past few decades, the anti-Federal Reserve movement was attached to, as my boss put it, "Christian extremists." That alone is interesting to me. Anyways, here it is...

"Why the Federal Reserve is Unconstitutional...In a nutshell!


In 1913, Congress passed the Federal Reserve Act. This Act created the Federal Reserve system giving it the power to regulate the value of American's currency. The power to create money and regulate the value thereof is given to Congress by the U.S. Constitution. The U.S. Constitution does not give Congress the power to give away any of its powers, established by the Constitution. Therefore, when Congress signed the Federal Reserve Act, they knowingly gave away their power to the Federal Reserve, which is unConstitutional. The Federal Reserve is not controlled by Congress. The 12 Federal Reserve banks, which make up the Federal Reserve system are all privately owned corporations.

I challenge anyone to explain to me if my simple logic is incorrect. I am seeking to be proven wrong here. Give it a try.

That is a short and simple explanation. The money trail runs deep. You can easily learn this simple explanation and discuss it with people you know. Do it. If anyone has an argument against what I provided there, please bring it to the table. I set up this site to inspire my own education and bring people on the journey with me. I am seeking someone to prove to me that I have been duped. At this point, I doubt it will ever happen. Good day."

There is alot of information on this at the myspace page. If you are new to this topic and don't feel like reading alot, I recommend watching Money Masters. It is available at the link above.
Back to top
corey michael
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 77
Location: Gulf Coast USA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Silence?

The basis of this topic has been happening for a very long time and you have nothing to say?

Is it because you are unaware or know nothing or is it because you are afraid or are you just apathetic?

What gives?

"The Bible tells us that two thousand years ago, Jesus Christ drove the Money Changers from the Temple in Jerusalem, twice. These were the only times Jesus used physical violence. What were Money Changers doing in the Temple?

When Jews came to Jerusalem to pay their Temple tax, they could only pay it with a special coin, the half shekel of the sanctuary. This was a half-ounce of pure silver, about the size of a quarter.

It was the only coin around at that time which was pure silver and of assured weight, without the image of a pagan Emperor. Therefore, to Jews the half-shekel was the coin acceptable to God. But these coins not plentiful. The Money Changers had cornered the market on them. Then, they raised the price of them - just like any other mopolized commodity - to whatever market would bear.

In other words, the Money Changers making exorbitant profits because they held a virtual monopoly on money. The Jews had to pay whatever they demanded. To Jesus injustice violated the sanctity of God's house."

From the documentary, Money Masters
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2222

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i try to not think about the federal reserve. it will change soon. when the amerio is introduced, i think the fed will become something else. (i.e. new name, more corrupt)
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The federal reserve is actually controlled by the board of governors, who are appointed by the government, confirmed by congress, and can be removed by the president.

And it is constitutional, in that the constitution gives congress a very wide latitude with how they may go about their buisness.

"The congress shall have the power...to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States"
Back to top
corey michael
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 77
Location: Gulf Coast USA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Article 1, Sec. 8, Par. 5 of the Constitution expressly charges Congress with "the power to coin money and regulate the value thereof."

The Federal Reserve gave "the power..to regulate the value thereof" to a private corporation, which is the Federal Reserve System. The appointments of positions is irrelevant. The U.S. Constitution does not provide Congress the power to give away any of its powers established within the Constution. The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 did exactly that.

Also, since this person feels as if they are providing some sort of evidence to debate this issue...

JUSTICE MARTIN V. MAHONEY ruled the Federal Reserve bank of Minnesota unConstitutional in 1968. He was murdered 6 months later after refusing to accept 2 Federal Reserve notes as payment for the Bank's appeal to his decision. Hello?

I've been searching for about an hour to find more evidence upon this topic. The government archives of this decision, if it is true, have been buried. Just search his name or "Credit River Decision" and see what you come up with. As always, I'm interested to know what other people think.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
corey michael wrote:
Article 1, Sec. 8, Par. 5 of the Constitution expressly charges Congress with "the power to coin money and regulate the value thereof."

The Federal Reserve gave "the power..to regulate the value thereof" to a private corporation, which is the Federal Reserve System. The appointments of positions is irrelevant. The U.S. Constitution does not provide Congress the power to give away any of its powers established within the Constution. The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 did exactly that.


Did you even read what i wrote?

Quote:

Also, since this person feels as if they are providing some sort of evidence to debate this issue...

JUSTICE MARTIN V. MAHONEY ruled the Federal Reserve bank of Minnesota unConstitutional in 1968. He was murdered 6 months later after refusing to accept 2 Federal Reserve notes as payment for the Bank's appeal to his decision. Hello?


Smells like bullshit. I can't find a single source on the internet for this that isn't a kooky conspiracy theory site.

Quote:

I've been searching for about an hour to find more evidence upon this topic. The government archives of this decision, if it is true, have been buried. Just search his name or "Credit River Decision" and see what you come up with. As always, I'm interested to know what other people think.


If there aren't any, you know, records of it, then what makes you believe that it's true?
Back to top
corey michael
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 77
Location: Gulf Coast USA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did I say I believe it is true? If it is true, it sure as hell will not be documented on any government website.

Regardless, like I said, it doesn't matter who appoints the Board of Governors. The U.S. Constitution does not give Congress the power to give away its power of "regulating the value thereof" to the Board of Governors. The Board of Governors is not Congress and holds no allegiance to Congress or the American people. The Federal Reserve is a privately owned corporation. It is not owned by the American people or by the government of the United States of America.

http://www.teamlaw.org/Mythology.htm
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
corey michael wrote:
Did I say I believe it is true? If it is true, it sure as hell will not be documented on any government website.


When people make statements in order to support a claim that they've made, i usually assume that they believe the statements they're making are true. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to make them.

And i'd settle for something less than a goverment website. Like a reputable university website. Or even wikipedia (i checked - it's not on there).

Quote:

Regardless, like I said, it doesn't matter who appoints the Board of Governors. The U.S. Constitution does not give Congress the power to give away its power of "regulating the value thereof" to the Board of Governors. The Board of Governors is not Congress and holds no allegiance to Congress or the American people. The Federal Reserve is a privately owned corporation. It is not owned by the American people or by the government of the United States of America.

http://www.teamlaw.org/Mythology.htm


This is a direct quote from the constitution:

"The congress shall have the power...to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States"

If congress thinks that it promotes the general welfare of the united states, they can do it.

You might say, "gee, doesn't that allow them to do a LOT of things?"

And the answer is: yes, it does. That's the point. A government that can't be flexible and creative won't be effective for very long.
Back to top
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 300
Location: Richmond, IN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think they can appoint people to regulate currency for the same reason they can appoint people to provide defense for the country.... you know, the ARMED FORCES. The members of the House and Senate don't have to personally do everything they're allowed to do by the Constitution, just to make sure it gets done. Congressmen also don't personally regulate interstate commerce. They have other people who do that. Is that unconstitutional?
Back to top
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 311
Location: CA LE FOR NYE YAY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: TO many loop holes Reply with quote
Can't congress make amendments to the constitution? So I wouldn't call anything that can be change by them governing them.

TO many loops holes, nick and nacks. Makes my brain hurt just thinking about how a law make could spend an entire day going over this.

(Oh i actually haven't decided on what my view of this is yet, get back to me someone on my amendment statement)
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: TO many loop holes Reply with quote
Docsmitter wrote:
Can't congress make amendments to the constitution?


Yes and no.

If both hourses of congress pass an ammendment by a certain majority (2/3 i think?) and 38 state legislatures ratify it, then the constitution is ammended.
Back to top
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 311
Location: CA LE FOR NYE YAY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: TO many loop holes Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Docsmitter wrote:
Can't congress make amendments to the constitution?


Yes and no.

If both hourses of congress pass an ammendment by a certain majority (2/3 i think?) and 38 state legislatures ratify it, then the constitution is ammended.


Well that settles it, if 2/3 of our legislative body wants there to be a federal reserve, then there will be a federal reserve.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: TO many loop holes Reply with quote
Docsmitter wrote:

Well that settles it, if 2/3 of our legislative body wants there to be a federal reserve, then there will be a federal reserve.


...and 38 states.
Back to top
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 311
Location: CA LE FOR NYE YAY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: TO many loop holes Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Docsmitter wrote:

Well that settles it, if 2/3 of our legislative body wants there to be a federal reserve, then there will be a federal reserve.


...and 38 states.


heh

I can't count that high, I only have 10 fingers and 10 toes.
Back to top
Amin
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 85
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i think there is a documentary called "freedom to fascism" on this subject

i believe it is on google video
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Government Watch All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics
Politics blogs Politics blogs Article Directory Political Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Top Blog Sites