Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   


Farewell Letter Urges Iraqis Not to Hate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives
Author Message
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:

-who is recieving the bulk of the profit? american companies. so what if iraqis are getting $60 a month jobs when the american corporations are making billions off of it?


Actually a lot of this has to do with Iraqis, especially the installation of new mobile phone masts, and the start of new small businesses (the estimated amount of businesses in Iraq is 30,000 at this time, compared with 8,000 in 2004).

Quote:

-it is impossible for you to prove me wrong about this...it is a matter of opinion and both opinions have their arguments.


No it isn't. You prove yourself wrong. Your argument falls flat on its face.

Quote:
-i will end here for the night, because this one is too easy.
3,709 Iraqi civilians were killed in October (http://www.iraqwar.info/?m=200611)
106 american armed forces members killed in october


But this doesn't mean 600,000 were killed.

Quote:
"According to a study published Wednesday in the British medical journal the Lancet, the US invasion and occupation of Iraq are responsible for the deaths of an estimated 655,000 Iraqis.


And this study is based on what?

Quote:
The survey of Iraqi casualties was conducted by a team of Iraqi physicians under the direction of epidemiologists at Johns Hopkins University’s Bloomberg School of Public Health in Maryland."
(http://www.melbourne.indymedia.org/news/2006/10/126465_comment.php)


And they can't really come up with accurate figures.

Quote:
this is the high estimate...it is commonly accepted that the figure is somewhere in between 300k and 600k. not bad! maybe bush will beat hitlers' records.


I'd put the figure at less than 50,000, not 300,000-600,000. Maybe Bush will beat Hitler's records? Dude, you're insane. Bush is no hitler. And most of those Iraqis were killed by insurgents, not by the US.
Back to top
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
exton wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:
exton wrote:

Relishing in the pain of others is uncivilized, no matter how evil those who would suffer are. Saddam needs to die because he's a bad man, not because we want him to die.


When it comes to Saddam, I could give a damn less. I would hope he suffers every last moment on this planet. If you call that uncivilized, then so be it. He should suffer for his crimes, suffer tremendously.


And that's a bad attitude to have.

Being able to separate your emotional reactions from your judgment is important in deciding public policy. It's therefore important in voting.


As well as the pursuit of justice.

Technically it's sadism I believe, not just a bad attitude, although it could perhaps be masochism, occasionally I get confused..


You can't state what I believe. And you can't state what I think. Communism is sadism.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2079

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="Giancarlo"]
jusdeadphunky wrote:

-who is recieving the bulk of the profit? american companies. so what if iraqis are getting $60 a month
jobs when the american corporations are making billions off of it?


Quote:

Actually a lot of this has to do with Iraqis, especially the installation of new mobile phone masts, and the start of new small businesses (the estimated amount of businesses in Iraq is 30,000 at this time, compared with 8,000 in 2004).

-dude...it is like saying that the american economy is doing great when in fact the only people doing great is the investor class.

Quote:

-it is impossible for you to prove me wrong about this...it is a matter of opinion and both opinions have their arguments.


Quote:

No it isn't. You prove yourself wrong. Your argument falls flat on its face.


i was saying that this one is not worth arguing because neither of us can win it.

Quote:
-i will end here for the night, because this one is too easy.
3,709 Iraqi civilians were killed in October (http://www.iraqwar.info/?m=200611)
106 american armed forces members killed in october


Quote:

But this doesn't mean 600,000 were killed.

CIVIL WAR

Quote:
"According to a study published Wednesday in the British medical journal the Lancet, the US invasion and occupation of Iraq are responsible for the deaths of an estimated 655,000 Iraqis.


Quote:

And this study is based on what?

-a team of researchers who studied deaths in iraq and found that over 600k people have died in iraq since 2003 as a result of the u.s. war effort and the civil war the u.s. started.

Quote:
The survey of Iraqi casualties was conducted by a team of Iraqi physicians under the direction of epidemiologists at Johns Hopkins University’s Bloomberg School of Public Health in Maryland."
(http://www.melbourne.indymedia.org/news/2006/10/126465_comment.php)


Quote:

And they can't really come up with accurate figures.

-no study is 100% accurate. the studies range from 300k dead to over 600k dead.



Quote:
I'd put the figure at less than 50,000, not 300,000-600,000. Maybe Bush will beat Hitler's records? Dude, you're insane. Bush is no hitler. And most of those Iraqis were killed by insurgents, not by the US.

-you would put the figure at less than 50k? are you fucking serious? that is the stupidest thing i have heard all day. why is that? because 25k u.s. soldiers have been killed or injured so that means that the iraqis with their smart bombs and superior firepower must have been able to hit one of us for every two they lost? or is it because bush only admits to 40k being killed? (remember how during vietnam the u.s. was not bombing cambodia)

no shit most of those iraqis were killed by other iraqis. the country is in a state of civil war.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2079

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh yea and bush is like hitler in so many ways it makes my head spin.
Back to top
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:

-dude...it is like saying that the american economy is doing great when in fact the only people doing great is the investor class.


Actually the bulk of the people are doing just fine here in the US.

Quote:

CIVIL WAR


Nope.

Quote:

-a team of researchers who studied deaths in iraq and found that over 600k people have died in iraq since 2003 as a result of the u.s. war effort and the civil war the u.s. started.


Compiled over what? Estimations based on what? 600,000 people could of died because of insurgents, not the US.

Quote:

-you would put the figure at less than 50k? are you fucking serious? that is the stupidest thing i have heard all day. why is that? because 25k u.s. soldiers have been killed or injured so that means that the iraqis with their smart bombs and superior firepower must have been able to hit one of us for every two they lost? or is it because bush only admits to 40k being killed? (remember how during vietnam the u.s. was not bombing cambodia)


I'm totally fucking serious, numb nuts. And the only stupid stuff is coming out of your mouth. 25,000 US soldiers have been killed? What planet are you on? Dude, grow up and start acting your age. I mean seriously, you pull things out of thin air.

Ever since I got here I'm going to start calling people up, left or right, on things they say. You should be prepared.

Quote:
the country is in a state of civil war.


No it isn't. Most provinces are actually quite peaceful, and most of the violence is centered on a few provinces. The country is in state of civil strife. Somalia is a country in a state of civil war.
Back to top
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
oh yea and bush is like hitler in so many ways it makes my head spin.


I really don't like Bush nor did I vote for him, but saying he is like Hitler is like saying Clinton is like Mao Zedong.

GROW UP.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2079

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Giancarlo wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:

-dude...it is like saying that the american economy is doing great when in fact the only people doing great is the investor class.


Actually the bulk of the people are doing just fine here in the US.

Quote:

CIVIL WAR


Nope.

Quote:

-a team of researchers who studied deaths in iraq and found that over 600k people have died in iraq since 2003 as a result of the u.s. war effort and the civil war the u.s. started.


Compiled over what? Estimations based on what? 600,000 people could of died because of insurgents, not the US.

Quote:

-you would put the figure at less than 50k? are you fucking serious? that is the stupidest thing i have heard all day. why is that? because 25k u.s. soldiers have been killed or injured so that means that the iraqis with their smart bombs and superior firepower must have been able to hit one of us for every two they lost? or is it because bush only admits to 40k being killed? (remember how during vietnam the u.s. was not bombing cambodia)


I'm totally fucking serious, numb nuts. And the only stupid stuff is coming out of your mouth. 25,000 US soldiers have been killed? What planet are you on? Dude, grow up and start acting your age. I mean seriously, you pull things out of thin air.

Ever since I got here I'm going to start calling people up, left or right, on things they say. You should be prepared.

Quote:
the country is in a state of civil war.


No it isn't. Most provinces are actually quite peaceful, and most of the violence is centered on a few provinces. The country is in state of civil strife. Somalia is a country in a state of civil war.


the bulk of the people in the u.s. are not doing just fine. the middle class is disappearing, wages have not gone up, hundreds of thousands of good paying middle class jobs have been lost and replaced with low wage jobs like lets say working at home depot for $10 an hour, pensions and bennefits are not guaranteed, etc, etc, etc.

hey fuck stick: quit saying i am pulling things out of thin air. read what i am fucking writing. as i said before, 25k u.s. soldiers have been killed or injured.

you are in a state of denial about the civil war. the whole world agrees that it is except some people in this country.

if you knew how to comprehend things, i have never said the u.s. directly killed over 600k iraqis, but events that are a result of the invasion of iraq have (i.e. the u.s. killing civilians and the civil war killing iraqis)

oh yea...i am real fucking scared of you calling me up on things. you have done a great job so far.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2079

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Giancarlo wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
oh yea and bush is like hitler in so many ways it makes my head spin.


I really don't like Bush nor did I vote for him, but saying he is like Hitler is like saying Clinton is like Mao Zedong.

GROW UP.


here is 4 similarities:

his propaganda campaign using fear and hatred mirrors the one hitler waged on the people of germany.

9/11 and the reichstag fire.

hitler trying to colonize europe and bush trying to colonize the middle east.

hitler stripping the rights of the german citizens bush doing the same thing with the military commissions act of 2006.
Back to top
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:

the bulk of the people in the u.s. are not doing just fine. the middle class is disappearing, wages have not gone up, hundreds of thousands of good paying middle class jobs have been lost and replaced with low wage jobs like lets say working at home depot for $10 an hour, pensions and bennefits are not guaranteed, etc, etc, etc.


Actually I would say otherwise. The middle class isn't disappearing, and in fact the economy is growing, and more jobs are being created. The bulk of the people are doing just fine.

Quote:
hey fuck stick: quit saying i am pulling things out of thin air. read what i am fucking writing. as i said before, 25k u.s. soldiers have been killed or injured.


25,000? Dude you're a retard. And you're also wrong. You don't know what you're saying.

Quote:
you are in a state of denial about the civil war. the whole world agrees that it is except some people in this country.


It isn't in a state of civil war because it isn't throughout the entire country! It is in one area, thus it is considered a state of civil strife. I'm not in denial about anything.

Quote:
if you knew how to comprehend things, i have never said the u.s. directly killed over 600k iraqis, but events that are a result of the invasion of iraq have (i.e. the u.s. killing civilians and the civil war killing iraqis)


Knew how to comprehend things? Listen idiot, I study this for a living. Politics and international relations. 600,000? WRONG AGAIN.

Quote:
oh yea...i am real fucking scared of you calling me up on things. you have done a great job so far.


I called you up on things. You have done a lousy ass job defending yourself.
Back to top
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:


here is 4 similarities:

his propaganda campaign using fear and hatred mirrors the one hitler waged on the people of germany.

9/11 and the reichstag fire.

hitler trying to colonize europe and bush trying to colonize the middle east.

hitler stripping the rights of the german citizens bush doing the same thing with the military commissions act of 2006.


9/11 and the reichstag fire? Are you saying that the government was behind 9/11? You're a total fool. I don't even know why I'm arguing with you. Bush isn't trying to colonize the middle east, and in fact it would be in his own interests to leave Iraq as soon as possible.

Dude, shut up. I can't believe you're even a moderator here.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2079

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
here you go you fucking jackass, now SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

U.S. Deaths Confirmed By The DoD: 2983
Reported U.S. Deaths Pending DoD Confirmation: 13
Total 2996
DoD Confirmation List
Latest Coalition Fatality: Dec 28, 2006

US Non Mortal Casualties:
including non-hostile and medical evacuations
Non Mortal Casualties Army Navy Marines Air Force Total
Wounded - No Medical Air Transport Required 9,414 363 5,413 197 15,387
Wounded - Medical Air Transport Required 4,751 130 1,738 51 6,670
Non-Hostile Injuries - Medical Air Transport Required 5,299 214 857 270 6,640
Diseases - Medical Air Transport Required 15,710 509 1,163 801 18,183
TOTAL - WOUNDED 14,165 493 7,151 248 22,057
TOTAL - MEDICAL AIR TRANSPORTED 25,760 853 3,758 1,122 31,493
TOTAL - NON-MORTAL CASUALTIES 35,174 1,216 9,171 1,319 46,880
As of December 2, 2006

Source: DIOR
Back to top
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
here you go you fucking jackass, now SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

U.S. Deaths Confirmed By The DoD: 2983
Reported U.S. Deaths Pending DoD Confirmation: 13
Total 2996
DoD Confirmation List
Latest Coalition Fatality: Dec 28, 2006

US Non Mortal Casualties:
including non-hostile and medical evacuations
Non Mortal Casualties Army Navy Marines Air Force Total
Wounded - No Medical Air Transport Required 9,414 363 5,413 197 15,387
Wounded - Medical Air Transport Required 4,751 130 1,738 51 6,670
Non-Hostile Injuries - Medical Air Transport Required 5,299 214 857 270 6,640
Diseases - Medical Air Transport Required 15,710 509 1,163 801 18,183
TOTAL - WOUNDED 14,165 493 7,151 248 22,057
TOTAL - MEDICAL AIR TRANSPORTED 25,760 853 3,758 1,122 31,493
TOTAL - NON-MORTAL CASUALTIES 35,174 1,216 9,171 1,319 46,880
As of December 2, 2006

Source: DIOR


That's not exactly accurate. We are talking about those who have been killed in action. Oh and I wonder what the political agenda is of that website?

And a moderator is calling a poster a fucking jackass. Dude you shouldn't even be allowed to post here. You're out of control. You have temper problems. I suggest a psychologist.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2079

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

Knew how to comprehend things? Listen idiot, I study this for a living. Politics and international relations. 600,000? WRONG AGAIN.


obviously you should find a new line of work because you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

i got a good job for you: press sec. you are good at ignoring what is being stated and lying to twist things around while not addressing the points.
Back to top
Giancarlo
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Los Angeles, California

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
Quote:

Knew how to comprehend things? Listen idiot, I study this for a living. Politics and international relations. 600,000? WRONG AGAIN.


obviously you should find a new line of work because you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

i got a good job for you: press sec. you are good at ignoring what is being stated and lying to twist things around while not addressing the points.


Oh I should? I study this and I know what the fuck I'm talking about. All you know is to spew garbage, and produce garbage .com websites.

You are the one who is ignoring the facts. I know more tahn you apparently. You have temper problems.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2079

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

9/11 and the reichstag fire? Are you saying that the government was behind 9/11? You're a total fool. I don't even know why I'm arguing with you. Bush isn't trying to colonize the middle east, and in fact it would be in his own interests to leave Iraq as soon as possible.


when you spend 5 years researching news articles about 9/11, listening to the firefighters tapes, listening to the NORAD tapes, watching the video of the towers falling, reading reports done by physicists, looking at who bennefitted from 9/11 and how it was used for political and economic gain, and more, then open your mouth about 9/11.

how many buildings in nyc fell that day?
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Add to My Yahoo!

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites