Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Evil CIA...?

Home // Government Watch



Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3289

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lynx wrote:
Turk wrote:
Lynx wrote:
What exton is saying, perhaps?

I know what he is saying
he is missing the point


Hahah, no he's not! He isn't disputing anything you are saying or pointing out. He's talking about another entirely different topic, which is apparently going over your head. His point: if you really don't want criminals in office, don't vote these criminals in. People seem to still vote for people they KNOW are criminals (see Giuliani and his support). Of course they don't have free reign to be criminals just because they are voted into office, but if we are seriously concerned about criminal politicians, we as a country shouldn't be voting criminals into office in the first place. People deserve what they vote for, or whatever that phrase is.
no missing the point
Back to top
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Then what is your point? That we SHOULD elect criminals and then deal with them once they're in office?
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3289

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22134870/
CIA destroys waterboarding video
Destroys torture video or what ever
I wonder why did the CIA destroy the video
Is that not called tampering with or destroying evidence ?
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:

Is that not called tampering with or destroying evidence ?


That depends on whether or not a crime has occured.

As you may imagine, some people in the CIA would say a crime has not occured when people are tortured.
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3289

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Enhanced Interrogation Techniques aka torture
I wonder why did the CIA destroy the tapes of this practice.
There must of been more than just waterboarding that took place.
I heard that they coerced confession from khalid sheik mohamed that he was the mastermind of sept 11.
I heard that they threatened to kill his whole family if he never admitted it to the CIA.

http://www.coxwashington.com/b.....crecy_file

Is the CIA immune from inquiry?
Are they immune from accountability?
Are they becoming more of a rogue outfit as time goes on?
Back to top
Might Makes Right
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
exton wrote:
No, turk, you don't understand.

If you don't like the fact that your representatives are criminals, then you should vote for people who aren't criminals.
No its up to the people and the law to correct them from breaking the law.
Getting elected into office is not a liscense to break the law or undermine it.
I agree, just because you are in office does not mean that you can break the law intentionally and delibratly. If a senator breaks the law then they should be accused and brought to trial.
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3289

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Might Makes Right wrote:
Turk wrote:
exton wrote:
No, turk, you don't understand.

If you don't like the fact that your representatives are criminals, then you should vote for people who aren't criminals.
No its up to the people and the law to correct them from breaking the law.
Getting elected into office is not a liscense to break the law or undermine it.
I agree, just because you are in office does not mean that you can break the law intentionally and delibratly. If a senator breaks the law then they should be accused and brought to trial.
I most certainly agree but alot of other people will use the election of that person to excuse them from breaking the law,
thats sounds neat win the election and get a pass and collect 500$ for breaking the law
Back to top
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 1456

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I most certainly agree but alot of other people will use the election of that person to excuse them from breaking the law,
thats sounds neat win the election and get a pass and collect 500$ for breaking the law


Really, Turk? "Alot" of other people? Like who?
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3289

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
Quote:
I most certainly agree but alot of other people will use the election of that person to excuse them from breaking the law,
thats sounds neat win the election and get a pass and collect 500$ for breaking the law


Really, Turk? "Alot" of other people? Like who?
hi lynx
Back to top
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 1456

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not lynx. I don't know what else you want me to say.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
I am not lynx. I don't know what else you want me to say.


Provide dna evidence?
Back to top
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 1456

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Syringe please!
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toxic wrote:
Syringe please!




Just for you, it comes pre-stocked with a mysterious blue fluid.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aww man exton, I was doing so well! There goes five years in AA pretending to be an alcholic not a heroin user.
Back to top
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 1456

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks exton! >Wink
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Government Watch All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics
Politics blogs Politics blogs Article Directory Political Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Top Blog Sites