Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Evangelicals are believeing Global Warming WTF???!!!!

Home // Conservative Corner


Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
chevydriver1123
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Posts: 974
Location: New York

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Evangelicals are believeing Global Warming WTF???!!!! Reply with quote
Wow some of them are actually getting into the 21st century and acknowledging science. Did hell freeze over?

http://www.recordonline.com/ap.....6/-1/rss01
Back to top
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 581
Location: Tri-State

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The problem is...many believe it is happening...but believe it to be part of the natural cycle god has planned for us...which is where it gets a little nutzo.

Similar to how they believe in dinosaurs BUT, they believe that humans and dinosaurs coexisted.

In the end, the logic won't get them anywhere.
Back to top
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 3534

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Evangelicals are believeing Global Warming WTF???!!!! Reply with quote
chevydriver1123 wrote:
Wow some of them are actually getting into the 21st century and acknowledging science. Did hell freeze over?

evangelicals might start to believe that global warming is a threat but they likely don't believe it is the greatest and most immediate threat to the free world. most conservatives and evangelicals believe that violent islamics are the greatest evil that has to be dealt with.
Back to top
Patriot
Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the first I have heard of evangelicals actually believing the bs. I know there are some that believe in creationist evolution, but that doest make sense and neither does this. Takes faith to believe in anything nowadays. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Patriot wrote:
Takes faith to believe in anything nowadays. Rolling Eyes


It sure does when a person has no education and no respect for critical thinking and skepticism.
Back to top
chevydriver1123
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Posts: 974
Location: New York

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Evangelicals are believeing Global Warming WTF???!!!! Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:
chevydriver1123 wrote:
Wow some of them are actually getting into the 21st century and acknowledging science. Did hell freeze over?

evangelicals might start to believe that global warming is a threat but they likely don't believe it is the greatest and most immediate threat to the free world. most conservatives and evangelicals believe that violent islamics are the greatest evil that has to be dealt with.


Evangelicals are more dangerous because they are already in the country AND influence politicians.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Jesus Camp" is scary.
Back to top
Patriot
Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Patriot wrote:
Takes faith to believe in anything nowadays. Rolling Eyes


It sure does when a person has no education and no respect for critical thinking and skepticism.


Wow... great job. First off, you know nothing about me. Secondly, its funny how you have to revert to attacking me personally than the issue at hand. You pull that from the Liberal playbook too?
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Patriot wrote:
exton wrote:

It sure does when a person has no education and no respect for critical thinking and skepticism.


Wow... great job. First off, you know nothing about me.


I know that you think it takes faith to believe anything.

That speaks volumes.

Quote:

Secondly, its funny how you have to revert to attacking me personally than the issue at hand. You pull that from the Liberal playbook too?




And it's curious that you capitalize "liberal". It's not a proper noun.
Back to top
Patriot
Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Everything takes faith. What you call science and fact may be true in your mind and you may believe it. But in order to believe something, is there not faith involved? I will have to look into that playbook, maybe I can pick up a few things. And yes, I incorrectly capitalized liberal, thanks for the catch.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Patriot wrote:
Everything takes faith. What you call science and fact may be true in your mind and you may believe it. But in order to believe something, is there not faith involved?


No.

In order to have absolute certainty about something, there must be faith involved.

Absolute certainty is, however, quite foolish, and also unnecessary.
Back to top
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 3534

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Evangelicals are believeing Global Warming WTF???!!!! Reply with quote
chevydriver1123 wrote:
cornopean wrote:
chevydriver1123 wrote:
Wow some of them are actually getting into the 21st century and acknowledging science. Did hell freeze over?

evangelicals might start to believe that global warming is a threat but they likely don't believe it is the greatest and most immediate threat to the free world. most conservatives and evangelicals believe that violent islamics are the greatest evil that has to be dealt with.


Evangelicals are more dangerous because they are already in the country AND influence politicians.

you think evangelicals are more dangerous than violent islamics?
Back to top
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 3534

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
"Jesus Camp" is scary.
yes all those evangelicals going around and hanging girls for having premarital sex or b/c they were raped. and then the beheadings, torture, etc. etc. very scary.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Evangelicals are believeing Global Warming WTF???!!!! Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:

you think evangelicals are more dangerous than violent islamics?


In the long run? Yes.

Evangelicals have shown a propensity for, and a desire to, sidetrack the progress of civilization in its entirety.

Violent muslims, on the other hand, do not pose a threat to civilization.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:
Lester wrote:
"Jesus Camp" is scary.
yes all those evangelicals going around and hanging girls for having premarital sex or b/c they were raped. and then the beheadings, torture, etc. etc. very scary.


No, all those evangelicals going around brainwashing kids so that combined with new anti-terror laws democracy loses it's meaning.
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo!

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites