Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Dubai Suburbs

Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives

Theospeak1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Dubai Suburbs Reply with quote
A co-worker recently sent an email around the office titled, "Dubai Suburbs," with pictures of opulant mansions by the water, each with it's own pool and access to waterways. And I've heard a few commentaries in the past couple of weeks about how much higher the standard of living is in Dubai, and how all of our money is going there in, "the largest transfer of wealth in the history of the world."
Well, when I saw the photos of the opulant mansions my initial response was:

Hey, in just a little while, all of us will be living in masions like these, because of trickle down econmonics. Right, remember Reaganomics? Think about it! The oil companies are making the largest profits in the history of corporations, and all of that money is going to trickle down to the middle and lower classes. Soon average Americans will be able to buy back the Chrysler building and Anheuser-Busch.

After all, President Bush did lower taxes in 2003 and the supermajor oil companies are making more money than ever. That's why everyone's disposable income in America has gone up across the board during the last year.

Hasn't it?

C'mon! It makes sense to me (or at least it did a year ago when I was a conservative!)
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wait, you mean you haven't started building your third water-front mansion yet? WHY NOT!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1