Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Your Ad Here

Don Imus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner

Should Imus have been fired for his calling a whole womens basketball team "Nappy Headed Ho's?"
Yes!
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
No!
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 15

Author Message
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't send money, I would only go spend it down at the liquor store anyway..... Shocked
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 3796

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The beginnings of every great campaign.
Back to top
CustomFordGirl
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 330
Location: Greensburg, PA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
joeyjock wrote:
Sorry...
..as the old sayin' goes "Live by the sword...die by the sword"
You wanna make money skatin' on the edge making semi-racist jokes
when you incur the wrath of the public and the media machine rolls over your dead body....
you gotta say adios muchachos
it's just a matter of time for CBS to cave under the pressure too


I normally don't get overly excited about such things, but I WANT HOWARD STERN CANCELED!! If they can take Imus off the air for one comment -that he apologized for- then they can take that crude, obnoxious a**hole off too.. did you hear about the small-town DJs who got pulled because of a prank phone call? Well, Stern does those things many times a show.. and he demeans women, calls people fags, etc.. if they're looking for someone to crucify for "skating on the edge" ... there's your poster boy.
Back to top
thelast007
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 492

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i thought he was yanked and fined.
that's why he went private.

(i knew howard stern was nutts when he had fathers taking off their daughters clothes in some game and the daughters standing naked in front of their fathers. he was asking the fathers if they were aroused by their naked daughters etc.)
Back to top
CustomFordGirl
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 330
Location: Greensburg, PA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thelast007 wrote:
i thought he was yanked and fined.
that's why he went private.


He might be private, but that doesn't mean he has to be syndicated.. I want Sirius to stop playing him, and his TV show pulled, etc... he's crude, disrespectful, obnoxious, abrasive, insulting...
and yes, he is indeed NUTS!
Back to top
thelast007
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 492

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
he's trash but whoa!
free speech is cool.
it's not as if he is anywhere respected for great dignity and class in entertainment.
Back to top
CustomFordGirl
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 330
Location: Greensburg, PA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thelast007 wrote:
he's trash but whoa!
free speech is cool.
it's not as if he is anywhere respected for great dignity and class in entertainment.


Neither is/was Imus.. and look what they did to him.
My point in trashing Stern is that he has done the same thing Imus did, only on a much grander scale, for MANY years (started in the 70's, I think..) and has had very little corporate/public retaliation. I mean, Imus can be yanked from radio and TV for ONE WORD about a group of people who PUBLICLY forgave him.. what about all the mean things Stern says about/to people who don't forgive him?

And one other thing.. if people don't like what Imus said, they have the ability to change the station. Just as they do with Stern, yes, but I wouldn't be so adamant about Stern's removal if all this stuff hadn't happened to Imus.
Is Imus obnoxious?, yes. Was what he said wrong?, yes. Should he have apologized?, yes, and he did. Should he have been fired?, no. Suspended, maybe.
Point is, if they're going after rude, obnoxious radio hosts, I DEMAND that Stern leave first!
Back to top
thelast007
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 492

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CustomFordGirl wrote:
thelast007 wrote:
he's trash but whoa!
free speech is cool.
it's not as if he is anywhere respected for great dignity and class in entertainment.


Neither is/was Imus.. and look what they did to him.


i like to think MSNBC is somewhere with dignity and class. unless you can imagine howard stern fitting in their station programming image it's not an equal comparison

MSNBC probably thought the content of the show was having an impact on the image of the station as a whole.

it was not the image or kind of entertainment they wanted on their 24hour news channel.

and imus will be back. probably on HBO or sirus.
and snoop will do a cd with him saying nappy head hoe and it'll win a grammy.

but yeah stern sucks but he has to be able to stay and i'm sure he will.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2071

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CustomFordGirl wrote:
joeyjock wrote:
Sorry...
..as the old sayin' goes "Live by the sword...die by the sword"
You wanna make money skatin' on the edge making semi-racist jokes
when you incur the wrath of the public and the media machine rolls over your dead body....
you gotta say adios muchachos
it's just a matter of time for CBS to cave under the pressure too


I normally don't get overly excited about such things, but I WANT HOWARD STERN CANCELED!! If they can take Imus off the air for one comment -that he apologized for- then they can take that crude, obnoxious a**hole off too.. did you hear about the small-town DJs who got pulled because of a prank phone call? Well, Stern does those things many times a show.. and he demeans women, calls people fags, etc.. if they're looking for someone to crucify for "skating on the edge" ... there's your poster boy.


you obviously lack intelligence if you think that howard stern is racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. i am sorry that howard's intelligence rivals yours so much that you can not see the brilliance of his words.

ever heard of ultra-sarcasm? sarcasm is a great tool by which to expose the ignorance of others.
Back to top
fellfire
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 470
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If people think the Don Imus firing was because he outraged people, they are not paying attention. Imus was ousted purely because of corporate muscle - Sharpton and Jackson had very little to do with it. The cool part about his ouster is that the muscle that was flexed was led in the form of Kenneth Chennault, CEO of American Express.

For those public personalities that think they can rely on the old-boy network to back their racist attitudes, they should take a look at the faces of American corporate leaders. Imus was a great test-case for black America to see that they do have the ability to be heard.
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2071

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fellfire wrote:
If people think the Don Imus firing was because he outraged people, they are not paying attention. Imus was ousted purely because of corporate muscle - Sharpton and Jackson had very little to do with it. The cool part about his ouster is that the muscle that was flexed was led in the form of Kenneth Chennault, CEO of American Express.

For those public personalities that think they can rely on the old-boy network to back their racist attitudes, they should take a look at the faces of American corporate leaders. Imus was a great test-case for black America to see that they do have the ability to be heard.


i think imus would have been fine had he not gone off and tried to defend himself. that is what sealed his fate. he never should have gone onto sharpton's show. if i were him, i would have demanded sharpton come on my show to talk about all the racist things he has said and done, especially regarding the freshly acquitted duke lacrosse players whom sharpton led a crusade against, before i would go on his show.
Back to top
CustomFordGirl
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 330
Location: Greensburg, PA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
you obviously lack intelligence if you think that howard stern is racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. i am sorry that howard's intelligence rivals yours so much that you can not see the brilliance of his words.

ever heard of ultra-sarcasm? sarcasm is a great tool by which to expose the ignorance of others.


Dude, you SO missed my point.
And I, personally, can hate Stern all I want. You can't stop me. (Neener, neener, neeeeener.)
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2071

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CustomFordGirl wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
you obviously lack intelligence if you think that howard stern is racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. i am sorry that howard's intelligence rivals yours so much that you can not see the brilliance of his words.

ever heard of ultra-sarcasm? sarcasm is a great tool by which to expose the ignorance of others.


Dude, you SO missed my point.
And I, personally, can hate Stern all I want. You can't stop me. (Neener, neener, neeeeener.)


well what was it? go after the big fish who is on satellite radio?

i absolutely love howard stern and i am sorry that you choose to deprive yourself of the absolute genius that is the howard stern show.
Back to top
CustomFordGirl
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 330
Location: Greensburg, PA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
CustomFordGirl wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
you obviously lack intelligence if you think that howard stern is racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. i am sorry that howard's intelligence rivals yours so much that you can not see the brilliance of his words.

ever heard of ultra-sarcasm? sarcasm is a great tool by which to expose the ignorance of others.


Dude, you SO missed my point.
And I, personally, can hate Stern all I want. You can't stop me. (Neener, neener, neeeeener.)


well what was it? go after the big fish who is on satellite radio?

No. My point was that they singled out someone that they could attack, and hung him out to dry, and if they were really looking to remove racist, crude, people from the radio that people like Howard Stern should be the first.

jusdeadphunky wrote:
i absolutely love howard stern and i am sorry that you choose to deprive yourself of the absolute genius that is the howard stern show.

That's your right, and I won't try to stop you.
I actually used to watch his show on TV. My ex-husband worships the ground the guy walks on. He's no genius.. he likes to flaunt the fine line between what is and what is not appropriate for TV and radio.
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CustomFordGirl wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
CustomFordGirl wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
you obviously lack intelligence if you think that howard stern is racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. i am sorry that howard's intelligence rivals yours so much that you can not see the brilliance of his words.

ever heard of ultra-sarcasm? sarcasm is a great tool by which to expose the ignorance of others.


Dude, you SO missed my point.
And I, personally, can hate Stern all I want. You can't stop me. (Neener, neener, neeeeener.)


well what was it? go after the big fish who is on satellite radio?

No. My point was that they singled out someone that they could attack, and hung him out to dry, and if they were really looking to remove racist, crude, people from the radio that people like Howard Stern should be the first.

jusdeadphunky wrote:
i absolutely love howard stern and i am sorry that you choose to deprive yourself of the absolute genius that is the howard stern show.

That's your right, and I won't try to stop you.
I actually used to watch his show on TV. My ex-husband worships the ground the guy walks on. He's no genius.. he likes to flaunt the fine line between what is and what is not appropriate for TV and radio.


Personally don't care for Mr. Stern very much. But he doesn't profess the hate that say, oh, a Michael Savage would. That would be a proper place to start. The man is nutso!
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics