Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Doesn't Chavez land prove the truth of libertarian econ?

Home // Conservative Corner


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
brandal
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 551
Location: NC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The whole world need to join 'John Galt', screwthe world.
Back to top
Raibeart
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
brandal wrote:
The whole world need to join 'John Galt', screwthe world.


Isn't Galt dead????????????
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1564
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
rynln53 wrote:
Chavez is a criminal, he exploited poverty to get into government


I have not heard a western leader that has run on an anti-poverty ticket in a while, is that exploitation? Is that criminal?

rynln53 wrote:
and just picked up on and intensified anti-american sentiments to get support, whenever he has a problem he will shift focus from himself and blame America.


The CIA, IMF, and the World Bank have ruined it for any US/S. American diplomacy. We plotted a coup attempt on him, it succeded for only 30 days. You're absolutely correct. Why should he blame the US for anything?

rynln53 wrote:
Him and his cronies grow rich like every communist before him while his country is still dirt poor.


Chavez is a Populist, not a Communist
Back to top
rynln53
Newbie


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 44

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
just because he says he is for the poor doesn't mean a thing. Every politician says they are for the poor. Besides, Mao Zedong was extremely vocally in favor of the poor, and look how that turned out. Communism, in any form, is absolutely ass backwards. Communism creates dysgenics because it assures welfare no matter how minimal an individual citizens out put is.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yea, strange how we don't think people should die of starvation when we could easily stop it.
Back to top
Raibeart
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
rynln53 wrote:
just because he says he is for the poor doesn't mean a thing. Every politician says they are for the poor. Besides, Mao Zedong was extremely vocally in favor of the poor, and look how that turned out. Communism, in any form, is absolutely ass backwards. Communism creates dysgenics because it assures welfare no matter how minimal an individual citizens out put is.


And just because YOU say he isn't for the poor does not make THAT true. I guess you'll be trying to convince us that Chavez's loans to other poor S American countries should show us what a rogue he is compared to the altruistic IMF? I guess you'll tell us that Venezuela's 21% increase in oil production last year is because of Chavez's ineptness? Or that Venezuela's monetary reserves of $34 billion is again because of Chavez's profligate socialist ways?
Why on earth would a small country like Venezuela take up so much of your interest mate? Are you Venezuelan? Do you work for the IMF??
Just to keep you on track mate, Chavez is not, has not and will not be a member of the Communist Party.
Back to top
flyng_fool
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Raibeart wrote:
rynln53 wrote:
just because he says he is for the poor doesn't mean a thing. Every politician says they are for the poor. Besides, Mao Zedong was extremely vocally in favor of the poor, and look how that turned out. Communism, in any form, is absolutely ass backwards. Communism creates dysgenics because it assures welfare no matter how minimal an individual citizens out put is.


And just because YOU say he isn't for the poor does not make THAT true. I guess you'll be trying to convince us that Chavez's loans to other poor S American countries should show us what a rogue he is compared to the altruistic IMF? I guess you'll tell us that Venezuela's 21% increase in oil production last year is because of Chavez's ineptness? Or that Venezuela's monetary reserves of $34 billion is again because of Chavez's profligate socialist ways?
Why on earth would a small country like Venezuela take up so much of your interest mate? Are you Venezuelan? Do you work for the IMF??
Just to keep you on track mate, Chavez is not, has not and will not be a member of the Communist Party.
Stealing almost all of the private industry and making it government run isn't communist? Explain that. And a $34 billion reserve? That is a joke by anyone's measure.
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1564
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
flyng_fool wrote:
Stealing almost all of the private industry and making it government run isn't communist? Explain that. And a $34 billion reserve? That is a joke by anyone's measure.


It is our own fault that we are no longer welcome in the region. Sure there are some countries that still deal with us there, but I believe that support is waning. You only have the CIA, World Bank, and the Corporatocracy to blame for this unfortunate turn of events. There was a time when we were great friends. That time has past...We pimped them out, overstayed our welcome and supported and trained them in regards to the latest torture techniques and death squads. Of course, the final result is: Nationalize everything. Do you smell sulphur in here?

Viva La Chavez!
Back to top
Raibeart
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
flyng_fool wrote:
Raibeart wrote:
rynln53 wrote:
just because he says he is for the poor doesn't mean a thing. Every politician says they are for the poor. Besides, Mao Zedong was extremely vocally in favor of the poor, and look how that turned out. Communism, in any form, is absolutely ass backwards. Communism creates dysgenics because it assures welfare no matter how minimal an individual citizens out put is.


And just because YOU say he isn't for the poor does not make THAT true. I guess you'll be trying to convince us that Chavez's loans to other poor S American countries should show us what a rogue he is compared to the altruistic IMF? I guess you'll tell us that Venezuela's 21% increase in oil production last year is because of Chavez's ineptness? Or that Venezuela's monetary reserves of $34 billion is again because of Chavez's profligate socialist ways?
Why on earth would a small country like Venezuela take up so much of your interest mate? Are you Venezuelan? Do you work for the IMF??
Just to keep you on track mate, Chavez is not, has not and will not be a member of the Communist Party.
Stealing almost all of the private industry and making it government run isn't communist? Explain that. And a $34 billion reserve? That is a joke by anyone's measure.


I'm afraid you will have to give us the examples of, "Stealing almost all of the private industry and making it government run ". In regard to the $34 billion reserve, try looking it up instead of making inane comments.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
flyng_fool wrote:
Raibeart wrote:
rynln53 wrote:
just because he says he is for the poor doesn't mean a thing. Every politician says they are for the poor. Besides, Mao Zedong was extremely vocally in favor of the poor, and look how that turned out. Communism, in any form, is absolutely ass backwards. Communism creates dysgenics because it assures welfare no matter how minimal an individual citizens out put is.


And just because YOU say he isn't for the poor does not make THAT true. I guess you'll be trying to convince us that Chavez's loans to other poor S American countries should show us what a rogue he is compared to the altruistic IMF? I guess you'll tell us that Venezuela's 21% increase in oil production last year is because of Chavez's ineptness? Or that Venezuela's monetary reserves of $34 billion is again because of Chavez's profligate socialist ways?
Why on earth would a small country like Venezuela take up so much of your interest mate? Are you Venezuelan? Do you work for the IMF??
Just to keep you on track mate, Chavez is not, has not and will not be a member of the Communist Party.
Stealing almost all of the private industry and making it government run isn't communist? Explain that. And a $34 billion reserve? That is a joke by anyone's measure.


Communist governments aren't just ones you disagree with, theres these whole bunch of stipulations about what makes a society communist.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
I have not heard a western leader that has run on an anti-poverty ticket in a while


Deval patrick.
Back to top
Raibeart
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
I have not heard a western leader that has run on an anti-poverty ticket in a while


Deval patrick.


Is he running for President?????
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, he's the governor of massachusetts.
Back to top
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 1564
Location: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
No, he's the governor of massachusetts.


I am on my way.
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't get too excited yet. That was part of his platform; the degree to which he accomplishes it is yet to be seen. He's only been in office for a matter of months.
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo!

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites