Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Cuba and China

chevydriver1123
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Cuba and China Reply with quote
This has always bothered me and I have never gotten a straight answer. We have a trade embargo and such with Cuba because its a Communist nation, oppresses their people, etc. Ok I get that communism is bad blah blah etc. and for some reason its apart of the axis of evil. Then you take a look across the Pacific at China which is Communist, oppresses their people (with out help to better train Chinese police in crowd control) but alot of our corporations use China as its factory floor. My question is why do we have diplomatic and trade relations with China and not with Cuba?
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Cuba and China Reply with quote
chevydriver1123 wrote:
This has always bothered me and I have never gotten a straight answer. We have a trade embargo and such with Cuba because its a Communist nation, oppresses their people, etc. Ok I get that communism is bad blah blah etc. and for some reason its apart of the axis of evil. Then you take a look across the Pacific at China which is Communist, oppresses their people (with out help to better train Chinese police in crowd control) but alot of our corporations use China as its factory floor. My question is why do we have diplomatic and trade relations with China and not with Cuba?

Do you like your goods cheap? Cuba offers nothing, it has no voice no power. Its like slapping a chiwowa ( how you spell that?) around. China on the other hand, is like trying to push around a 600 pound gorilla. They have the eco, and world voice to not be able to push around.

Look at South Africa, they had an embargo placed on it for the apartheid.'

But really, its all relavent to the size and power of the country.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Cuba and China Reply with quote
Docsmitter wrote:

Which, i think, is his point. Economics trumps ideology, even though the ideology is spouted quite loudly.
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Cuba and China Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Docsmitter wrote:

Which, i think, is his point. Economics trumps ideology, even though the ideology is spouted quite loudly.

Nothing can change a mans views faster then large sums of cash. You can speak out against whats wrong, untill that wrong is exporting your little trinkets really cheaply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1