Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Creationists, explain to me why humans and dinosaurs....

Home // Evolution Versus Creationism



Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 581
Location: Tri-State

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Creationists, explain to me why humans and dinosaurs.... Reply with quote
Are not found in the same layers of the earth.

If they coexisted, surely dinosaur fossils would be found at the same depth underground as human fossils, however, THEY HAVEN'T BEEN/

So please explain why this isn't so if they coexisted in the same time frame...
Back to top
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 581
Location: Tri-State

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Listen to this Christian propaganda I found on christiananswers.net:

Quote:

In the original Creation dinosaurs were certainly not vicious or troublesome. When God finished making the animals He said they were all "very good." What colors were they? How different are the skeletons of dinosaurs we find killed by the Flood and those first dinosaurs created by God? Unfortunately, no one knows what Man or dinosaurs (or any other animals) really looked like when God created them long ago.

Originally, dinosaurs must have been harmless--designed to delight man and benefit the world, just like all the other animals. When first created, all dinosaurs ate only plants and fruits.

After the Flood, dinosaurs and all other animals were made to be afraid of people (Genesis 9:2). Animals stayed away from people if they could. They were no longer as trusting and obedient. God probably did this to protect both animals and people in the world after the Flood. Dinosaurs and Man probably lived in their own separate areas--just like people and large, wild animals do today.

The sharp teeth and claws of some dinosaurs have made people think that they were mean, vicious animals. The Tyrannosaurus Rex is often pictured as a horrible killer, attacking every dinosaur in sight. But this may not be true at all.

Could it be that tyrannosaurs were mostly plant-eaters, not meat-eaters? The shape of their teeth alone can't tell us what they ate. Perhaps they used their sharp teeth and claws to tear up tough plants and fruits, not dinosaurs. Obviously sharp teeth can serve other purposes than simply cutting meat, just as kitchen knives can be used for cutting carrots as well as steaks.


I have bolded all the things I found shockingly unbelievable.

I feel so bad for the kids who have to be subject to crap like this growing up...

It should be outlawed to teach children nonfactual things of this nature.
Back to top
emceeMC
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rofl! Some of those things were ridiculous!

Humans and dinosaurs obviously did not occupy the same time period, as you support with geological evidence. However, that does not mean evolution is the be all and end all of scientific theory.

How did one group of cells evolve into a human, and other group into a daffodil?
Back to top
joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 2108
Location: Fort Lauderdale

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You see....the truth doesn't matter to these people
deep down they know the pablum that they're pushing is clap-trap
they're on a mission...
they think the more they prostilatize and tell these lies that they're going to heaven
...just like the muslims with the virgins waiting for them when they die
...so argueing with these nuts will get you no where
Back to top
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 581
Location: Tri-State

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
emceeMC wrote:
Rofl! Some of those things were ridiculous!

Humans and dinosaurs obviously did not occupy the same time period, as you support with geological evidence. However, that does not mean evolution is the be all and end all of scientific theory.

How did one group of cells evolve into a human, and other group into a daffodil?


That is what Christianity is teaching the children.

Plants are multicellular photosynthetic organisms that are believed to have evolved from green algae.

A combination of elements can create the algae, elements that were around when the earth came to be and are still here today.

If you have the right elements available anything can happen. Which is why you are breathing right now.

Do you not see the correlation between modern apes and humans?

The human Genome is so closely related to modern apes it is unbelievable.

We are mammals...

Do you think each mammal has its own god?

What about fish...do fish go to fish heaven...they have brains too, or since they don't have a bigger brain, they aren't as important and don't get their own god?

Humans think they are god's gift to earth.But look at what we are doing...killing other humans, and polluting what we are so lucky to have.

Last but not least, I will quote you:

Quote:

Rofl! Some of those things were ridiculous!


This is what Christians believe...How can you call yourself Christian without taking everything Christianity has to throw at you? How can you feel some things spoken are wrong and some are right?
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would have made more sense if the dinosaurs didn't like the humans *before* the flood, because really, before the flood humans were mean.
Back to top
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 581
Location: Tri-State

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
It would have made more sense if the dinosaurs didn't like the humans *before* the flood, because really, before the flood humans were mean.


LOL @ the notion of a huge flood and an arc that held all the species of the world on it.

Straight LOL.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
*ark
Back to top
emceeMC
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is what Christians believe...How can you call yourself Christian without taking everything Christianity has to throw at you? How can you feel some things spoken are wrong and some are right?

rofl, your ignorance is astounding. The catholic church doesn't even teach creationism anymore. You pick the most radical sect of Christians and say they're all like that. Its like saying all Muslims are violent crazies.
Back to top
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 581
Location: Tri-State

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
emceeMC wrote:
This is what Christians believe...How can you call yourself Christian without taking everything Christianity has to throw at you? How can you feel some things spoken are wrong and some are right?

rofl, your ignorance is astounding. The catholic church doesn't even teach creationism anymore. You pick the most radical sect of Christians and say they're all like that. Its like saying all Muslims are violent crazies.


Educate me then, what does the catholic church teach?

I was confirmed in a catholic church and force fed creationism...I figured it still went on...

What are they feeding people now?
Back to top
joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 2108
Location: Fort Lauderdale

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
emceeMC wrote:
Rofl! Some of those things were ridiculous!

Humans and dinosaurs obviously did not occupy the same time period, as you support with geological evidence. However, that does not mean evolution is the be all and end all of scientific theory.

How did one group of cells evolve into a human, and other group into a daffodil?


Yes Virginia...evolution IS scientific fact
it is no longer theory as right wing nut cases would have you believe
instead of memorizing biblical mumbo-jumbo by the truckload why don't you take a look at a scientific journal and see that evolution is the mainstay of natural science
and cellular life began in a process called De Novo synthesis..where bacteria and algae began to live together in a symbiotic basis
Back to top
emceeMC
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

Educate me then, what does the catholic church teach?

I was confirmed in a catholic church and force fed creationism...I figured it still went on...

What are they feeding people now?


Well allow me to enlighten you. This is taken from the 1994 edition of the Catechism, which would have made you 10 at the time. What age were you confirmed again?

283. The question about the origins of the world and of man has been the object of many scientific studies which have splendidly enriched our knowledge of the age and dimensions of the cosmos, the development of life-forms and the appearance of man. These discoveries invite us to even greater admiration for the greatness of the Creator, prompting us to give him thanks for all his works and for the understanding and wisdom he gives to scholars and researchers....

And take a look at what Pope John Paul II had to say in 1996...

"In his encyclical Humani Generis (1950), my predecessor Pius XII has already affirmed that there is no conflict between evolution and the doctrine of the faith regarding man and his vocation..."

In addition, the majority of catholic schools, including the one I attend, teach evolution.

You claim to be interested in religion in your profile, and yet you are completely ignorant of the facts concerning evolution and religion. I can tell your interest is deep and profound.
Back to top
emceeMC
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes Virginia...evolution IS scientific fact
it is no longer theory as right wing nut cases would have you believe


You're kidding? I could have sworn that the scientific community called it the Theory of evolution, not the Law of evolution...
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 4218

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In science, a "theory" is like a "fact". A "law" is a theory. A "hypothesis" is a guess.
Back to top
emceeMC
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
In science, a "theory" is like a "fact". A "law" is a theory. A "hypothesis" is a guess.


Would you like to cite your source for that?
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Evolution Versus Creationism All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics
Politics blogs Politics blogs Article Directory Political Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Top Blog Sites
My Big Breasts