Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Council on Foreign Relations

Home // Conspiracies and Theories



Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Council on Foreign Relations Reply with quote
They may be the reason why we lost the conflict in Vietnam.
They may be the reason why we have backed tryannous regimes.

How do you feel about the CFR?
Do you think that they pose a threat to the soveriegnty of the United States?
Back to top
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 2020
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Council on Foreign Relations Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
They may be the reason why we lost the conflict in Vietnam.


Not likely.

Turk wrote:
They may be the reason why we have backed tryannous regimes.


Fat Chance.

Turk wrote:
How do you feel about the CFR?


They are an intellectual organization like so many other intellectual organizations.

Turk wrote:
Do you think that they pose a threat to the soveriegnty of the United States?


No more then the 911 Truthers pose a threat to the soveriegnty of the United States.
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why is it that many of the CFR members are socialists, global elitists that care nothing for individual freedoms?
Our foreign policy is run by the CFR and not by our congress, that is why our foreign policy is a wreck.
Back to top
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 2020
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turk wrote:
Why is it that many of the CFR members are socialists, global elitists that care nothing for individual freedoms?


Why do most conspiracy theorist ask questions like "Why is that that many <insert personal illuminati de jour> are socialists, global elitists, former nazis, cthulu cultists, masons, templars, reagonites, nixonites, clintonites, etc, etc, etc" without EVER indicating the connection between being one of the above (if it is even true) and somehow ruling the world/taking over the nation/taking over the world/ruling the nation, etc.?


Turk wrote:
Our foreign policy is run by the CFR and not by our congress, that is why our foreign policy is a wreck.


Care to even try to toss out some proof to your assertion?
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fellfire wrote:
Turk wrote:
Why is it that many of the CFR members are socialists, global elitists that care nothing for individual freedoms?


Why do most conspiracy theorist ask questions like "Why is that that many <insert personal illuminati de jour> are socialists, global elitists, former nazis, cthulu cultists, masons, templars, reagonites, nixonites, clintonites, etc, etc, etc" without EVER indicating the connection between being one of the above (if it is even true) and somehow ruling the world/taking over the nation/taking over the world/ruling the nation, etc.?


Turk wrote:
Our foreign policy is run by the CFR and not by our congress, that is why our foreign policy is a wreck.


Care to even try to toss out some proof to your assertion?
Why do our public servants that are supposedly in control of our foreign policy decisions taking marching orders from the CFR and the UN and not themselves?
Back to top
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Why do our public servants that are supposedly in control of our foreign policy decisions taking marching orders from the CFR and the UN and not themselves?


Because they don't actually do that? If our government listened to the UN, we wouldn't be doing half the shit we do on a regular basis, and god forbid, our quality of life might actually go even higher.
Back to top
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 2020
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you, Lynx.
Back to top
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 3337

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lynx wrote:
Quote:
Why do our public servants that are supposedly in control of our foreign policy decisions taking marching orders from the CFR and the UN and not themselves?


Because they don't actually do that? If our government listened to the UN, we wouldn't be doing half the shit we do on a regular basis, and god forbid, our quality of life might actually go even higher.

We have backed opressive regimes in the past and that was all in the plans of freedom from war and the CFR.
The UN condones socialism and we have aided the UN in toppeling free market governments.
Back to top
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
We have backed opressive regimes in the past and that was all in the plans of freedom from war and the CFR.


What?

Quote:
The UN condones socialism and we have aided the UN in toppeling free market governments.


The UN doesn't condone socialism anymore than it condones capitalism.

And let's not get ahead of ourselves here, the governments we have toppled have been almost unanimously corrupt and torturous. Equating free market with perfect society is very dangerous. Not to mention the fact that just because the UN agrees with us doesn't make it bad. The rest of the world isn't retarded; they do agree with us on things, and that doesn't make it horrible.
Back to top
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish the UN condoned socialism more Sad
Back to top
chevydriver1123
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Posts: 968
Location: New York

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pat Robertson is currently and Falwell was a member. Nuff said
Back to top
fellfire
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 2020
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hardly.
Back to top
Refused
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 247

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe they are the ones pushing for a "North American Community"


Hillary Clinton and Dick Cheney are member fo sho. And Fred Thompson.
Back to top
Lynx
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1182
Location: Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Refused wrote:
I believe they are the ones pushing for a "North American Community"


Hillary Clinton and Dick Cheney are member fo sho. And Fred Thompson.


Everyone else is a member. Why aren't you?

To be serious, do you have anything to back the membership up with, or is this just Captain Refused's guided tour of the CFR?
Back to top
Refused
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 247

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why yes I do


Hillary Clinton:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10.....cript.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irGLv6xLFxU

Dick Cheney:
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/f.....0Relations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbnpN07J_zg

John Edwards:
http://www.cfr.org/bios/9641/john_edwards.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BTiUlJ_-l4

Madeline Albright:

http://www.cfr.org/about/peopl.....ctors.html

Colin Powell:

http://www.cfr.org/about/peopl.....ctors.html

Fred Thompson:

http://www.aei.org/scholars/sc.....cholar.asp

Barack Obama:

http://www.cfr.org/bios/11603/barack_obama.html
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Conspiracies and Theories All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Politics Blogs Politics
Politics blogs Politics blogs Article Directory Political Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Top Blog Sites