Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Council on American-Islamic Relations condems Left Behind ga

chevydriver1123
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Council on American-Islamic Relations condems Left Behind ga Reply with quote
For those of you that dont know Left Behind is a christian based real-time stratgey game that focus on killing non believers, forced converstion along with being based on the Left Behind books. What is a shock to me is that actual Christian groups are saying the game is promoting violence and intolerance although Focus on the Family Oks it but I figured as much since its run by current religious nut job James Dobson. With the expection of them other christian groups say its bad and evil which is still a big surprise coming from christian groups. Any way here is the story.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163550.html
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm glad legitimate christian organizations are reminding everyone that faith is a bad reason for vioelnce and hate.
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Council on American-Islamic Relations condems Left Behin Reply with quote
Quote:
For those of you that dont know Left Behind is a christian based real-time stratgey game that focus on killing non believers, forced converstion along with being based on the Left Behind books. What is a shock to me is that actual Christian groups are saying the game is promoting violence and intolerance although Focus on the Family Oks it but I figured as much since its run by current religious nut job James Dobson. With the expection of them other christian groups say its bad and evil which is still a big surprise coming from christian groups. Any way here is the story.

Well if moderate muslims came out against terror as much as christian organizations are coming out against this video game we might be able to make some real progress towards world peace.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162477.html

find me a moderate muslim who condemns Hezzbollah or Hamas as "reprehensible" yeah right.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Council on American-Islamic Relations condems Left Behin Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:

find me a moderate muslim who condemns Hezzbollah or Hamas as "reprehensible" yeah right.

Just how many muslims have you ever met?

Go ask one. Just go ask 'em and see what they say.

Assuming you know any muslims at all.
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I know a few muslims. They like Hezbollah about as much as your average Christian likes the Ku Klux Klan.
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll wrote:
Yeah, I know a few muslims. They like Hezbollah about as much as your average Christian likes the Ku Klux Klan.

Show me an official condemnation of Hezzbollah or Hamas from CAIR.

why don't these Muslims you are talking about speak up? Why don't they publicly defend Israel's right to exist?
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:

why don't these Muslims you are talking about speak up? Why don't they publicly defend Israel's right to exist?

Why haven't you called a press conference in order to tell the world about how you feel?

Oh, i know: because no one cares about how you, in particular, feel. You're just one guy, and your thoughts and feelings are not representative of the thoughts and feelings of other people of the same race, nationality, religion, or anything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1